IGNORED

Mortons are back from Paraguay...

picklepizzas

Does Kressant use Morton as her last name?  If so, does her mother know that?  Screenshot from Jackie's Facebook below.

I assume she's mailing it to their home for it to be included with other items and shipped to Paraguay.  I mean she has to know they are gone, right?

Picture1.png

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's possible that they aren't gone for long.  Or that someone else is going down soon and will take it to them. I can't imagine she doesn't know they are gone when it was on instagram.  While she goes by Morton, she may legally still be Smith.  I believe Katie and Alan didn't actually get legally wed for 18 months after they got married.  Do we know if Kressant and Michael ever got legally wed?  

Just now, JMO said:

It's possible that they aren't gone for long.  Or that someone else is going down soon and will take it to them. I can't imagine she doesn't know they are gone when it was on instagram.  While she goes by Morton, she may legally still be Smith.  I believe Katie and Alan didn't actually get legally wed for 18 months after they got married.  Do we know if Kressant and Michael ever got legally wed?  

Still, if she goes by Morton, regardless of whether they are "married in God's eyes" only, or also married by law, her mother would address the envelope to Kressant Morton. I think that's some seriously passive-aggressive shit, reminding her daughter that she is a Smith.

1 minute ago, Black Aliss said:

Still, if she goes by Morton, regardless of whether they are "married in God's eyes" only, or also married by law, her mother would address the envelope to Kressant Morton. I think that's some seriously passive-aggressive shit, reminding her daughter that she is a Smith.

Agreed. It's not like USPS would check if they're legally married and refuse to deliver the package to Kressant Morton if they weren't. (As amusing as that sounds!)

Considering Jacqueline's posts lately, I'd say that's totally passive aggressive. Like a reminder that Kressant is a SMITH just like Alan is a SMITH. The Morton family is rallying around Katie and got the police involved to remove and charge Alan. Also, nice job publishing your daughter's address, or rather, the Morton compound address for all the internet to see. 

Totally passive aggressive move IMO. Sounds like something my mom would do...stinks of NPD. Poor Smith girls growing up with that. :-(

I agree. It's a passive aggressive shit move. Like, who the hell posts their daughter's physical address on a public facebook page, regardless what name she uses.

Kressant is a Morton, as she was raised to be. Whatever her legal name is, she is a Morton. Period. Jackie is living the result of what she taught her children, how she raised them and what she drilled into their heads. They are their husband's wife, without question, and they have molded themselves to be the wife he needs and wants.  And it is making her crazy.

She can post all the videos she wants of her poor kids memorizing bible verses but none of it changes the fact that she is a vile woman and her husband is even worse.  And she is having a pity party for herself because her three daughters have not come running back to Smith-hood when the shit hit the fan.

On another note, Martha posted pics of Kressant & Michael & family as they leave for Paraguay and hashatagged all the kids...the last one #dekalb. Are Kressant & Michael really going to name a freaking kid DeKalb?

On 9/22/2016 at 0:52 PM, Black Aliss said:

My name changed upon my marriage 16 years ago. My mother STILL writes my maiden name on birthday cards and the occasional holiday gift check. The checks are a special form of dickishness, because I have to bring 4 forms of ID to the bank in order to prove via papertrail that I am the same person. My mom didn't hate the guy, but she was adamant that she liked to "think of me like I should be".

I think that this is a pretty common thing when a certain family dynamic is in play (ALL of the control, all of the time). Jacqueline is in high dudgeon over the mutiny of some of her children from the good Captain's Ship o'Lies. Using their maiden names is a way of reminding them that they are still "children". It's a pathetic, controlling, cheap move, but cheap controlling pathos is Jackie's love language. 

All of that said, what IS IT with these people posting their full mailing addresses on social media?? This is the third S'Morton to do this that I know of, and I don't even follow most of them. 

29 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

My name changed upon my marriage 16 years ago. My mother STILL writes my maiden name on birthday cards and the occasional holiday gift check. The checks are a special form of dickishness, because I have to bring 4 forms of ID to the bank in order to prove via papertrail that I am the same person. My mom didn't hate the guy, but she was adamant that she liked to "think of me like I should be".

Ugh.  You've just given me something to dread.  I'm getting married in November and am not changing my name but I know many relatives will ignore that and write things out as if we share a last name.  I will hate that.

11 hours ago, Kylolo said:

Ugh.  You've just given me something to dread.  I'm getting married in November and am not changing my name but I know many relatives will ignore that and write things out as if we share a last name.  I will hate that.

It's a bummer, particularly because it so often impacts gestures of kindness in the form of gifts. It's hard to approach someone who's written you a check as a wedding gift to complain about any aspect of it, especially if the incorrect name is an accident. I have some unsolicited advice, if you'd like it.

First, try to keep a copy of your marriage license handy for the first few months. If someone gives you a check with the incorrect name, you may be able to use the license at the bank to prove your legal relationship to that name, though you don't use it. 

Second, since you already know you're going to feel a lot of anger about possible name issues, compose a few polite remarks that you can say if you have to address the situation with a relative. Something like "Thank you [person] for your generous gift! We are so grateful. However, I'm still using my original name, and I'm not going to be able to enjoy your gift since it doesn't have my name on it. Is there any way you could re-write it? Thank you again for your kindness. It truly made our wedding even more special."

Or something of the kind. 

On 22.9.2016 at 7:28 PM, Kylolo said:

Does Kressant use Morton as her last name?  If so, does her mother know that?  Screenshot from Jackie's Facebook below.

I assume she's mailing it to their home for it to be included with other items and shipped to Paraguay.  I mean she has to know they are gone, right?

Picture1.png

I'd be pissed if someone posted my address on her public Facebook page.

On 9/23/2016 at 0:26 PM, fundiefan said:

I agree. It's a passive aggressive shit move. Like, who the hell posts their daughter's physical address on a public facebook page, regardless what name she uses.

Kressant is a Morton, as she was raised to be. Whatever her legal name is, she is a Morton. Period. Jackie is living the result of what she taught her children, how she raised them and what she drilled into their heads. They are their husband's wife, without question, and they have molded themselves to be the wife he needs and wants.  And it is making her crazy.

She can post all the videos she wants of her poor kids memorizing bible verses but none of it changes the fact that she is a vile woman and her husband is even worse.  And she is having a pity party for herself because her three daughters have not come running back to Smith-hood when the shit hit the fan.

On another note, Martha posted pics of Kressant & Michael & family as they leave for Paraguay and hashatagged all the kids...the last one #dekalb. Are Kressant & Michael really going to name a freaking kid DeKalb?

DeKalb is a county in Georgia very much near Hartsfield-Jackson int'l Airport. I doubt they would name their child after a majoritily black, impoverished county, then again... Jess named her kid Spurgeon. So... There's that.

1 hour ago, NotAnIncubator said:

DeKalb is a county in Georgia very much near Hartsfield-Jackson int'l Airport. I doubt they would name their child after a majoritily black, impoverished county, then again... Jess named her kid Spurgeon. So... There's that.

Thanks. I didn't know that. It sounded like I'd heard it before as a place but nothing registered. They have a Harold Fletcher, so I guess I wouldn't put anything past them any more than Spurgeon's parents. Although, a tleast Harold & Fletcher are actual first names if completely out of the times. Spurgeon still makes me think of a dishwasher for some reason I haven't ever been able to identify but in my brain somewhere, there is a connection. 

Dekalb County is far from uniformly impoverished and is very diverse in most senses of the word. 

(Source: I live there.  :my_shy: )

Editing to add that Dekalb extends north of the perimeter of Atlanta into wealthy suburbs, too -- and given how much of Atlanta is Dekalb County, it's maybe more noteworthy that the airport is not, in fact, here. 

There is also a DeKalb county and a city named DeKalb in Il.

They were named after a German war hero from the revolutionary war according to Wikipedia.

36 minutes ago, Pianokeeper said:

Dekalb County is far from uniformly impoverished and is very diverse in most senses of the word. 

Editing to add that Dekalb extends north of the perimeter of Atlanta into wealthy suburbs, too -- and given how much of Atlanta is Dekalb County, it's maybe more noteworthy that the airport is not, in fact, here. 

I know the airport isn't in the county. It is near there as I stated. Im also not saying DeKalb is all slums or absolute shit. I was born in Clarkson. It is somewhat diverse. Rich on one street poor on the next. But the crime rate is absolutely ridiculous. Even in the small rural community Im in now, its bad. Also, only 10-15% of Atlanta is in DeKalb.

I was more referring to the fact that there are much nicer places in Georgia to name a child after. Ex: Gordon, Houston, Clarke, Harris, Gilmer, Savannah, Helen, etc.

On July 25, 2016 at 5:49 PM, Black Aliss said:

Has anyone mentioned this? Looks like a new business venture for the S'Mortons:

https://www.facebook.com/MORTONBILT/

I think I have only seen sidecars in movies and cartoons. when you think about it side cars are perfect for those fundie ladies who want to ride with her headship on the open highway and still maintain her modesty.

1 hour ago, NotAnIncubator said:

I know the airport isn't in the county. It is near there as I stated. Im also not saying DeKalb is all slums or absolute shit. I was born in Clarkson. It is somewhat diverse. Rich on one street poor on the next. But the crime rate is absolutely ridiculous. Even in the small rural community Im in now, its bad. Also, only 10-15% of Atlanta is in DeKalb.

I was more referring to the fact that there are much nicer places in Georgia to name a child after. Ex: Gordon, Houston, Clarke, Harris, Gilmer, Savannah, Helen, etc.

I'm guessing you mean Clarkston? I would be astonished to find truly rural parts of Dekalb County.

Regardless, I'm going to go ahead and guess 99% of FJ doesn't care about the minutiae of Atlanta geography -- just didn't want everybody here thinking the Mortons would name a baby after some impoverished locale, when that's not accurate. I drive by houses worth several millions (not that I own one, ha!), every day. 

Of course, in light of the above comment about the namesake -- the revolutionary hero -- I'd wager a guess that this might be their more likely inspiration. 

4 hours ago, Pianokeeper said:

There's also a DeKalb Co. in Missouri. I have family from there.

5 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

There is also a DeKalb county and a city named DeKalb in Il.

They were named after a German war hero from the revolutionary war according to Wikipedia.

My first thought on hearing "DeKalb" is "the truck stop on the Illinois tollway?"

18 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

It's a bummer, particularly because it so often impacts gestures of kindness in the form of gifts. It's hard to approach someone who's written you a check as a wedding gift to complain about any aspect of it, especially if the incorrect name is an accident. I have some unsolicited advice, if you'd like it.

First, try to keep a copy of your marriage license handy for the first few months. If someone gives you a check with the incorrect name, you may be able to use the license at the bank to prove your legal relationship to that name, though you don't use it. 

Second, since you already know you're going to feel a lot of anger about possible name issues, compose a few polite remarks that you can say if you have to address the situation with a relative. Something like "Thank you [person] for your generous gift! We are so grateful. However, I'm still using my original name, and I'm not going to be able to enjoy your gift since it doesn't have my name on it. Is there any way you could re-write it? Thank you again for your kindness. It truly made our wedding even more special."

Or something of the kind. 

I kept my maiden name much to the chagrin of both our mothers. Ive really really had no problems with the different names, although school forms for the kids seem to automatically assume my husband and I are at different addresses. We keep a joint bank account for household stuff so I really haven't had any issues if I receive the odd check with my first name/his last name. 

But man, I got a LOT of shit from both our mothers for years.

On 9/24/2016 at 2:15 PM, Grimalkin said:

I think I have only seen sidecars in movies and cartoons. when you think about it side cars are perfect for those fundie ladies who want to ride with her headship on the open highway and still maintain her modesty.

Also for people in developing countries who need to transport a family and/or goods on a motorbike. Yeah, I think it was discussed earlier. If he can build them cheaply enough to sell them and turn a profit it's an excellent business venture for Wes Morton.

Archived