IGNORED

Adult Coloring Books Bring the Devil!

EyeQueue

This just came across my Facebook newsfeed. Apparently some good Christians are up in arms because some adult coloring books have mandalas, which--you know--Satan.

https://thelasthiker.wordpress.com/2016/02/16/adult-coloring-books-and-mandalas/

Oh noez!!111 They even sell these in the Holy of Holies.....Hobby Lobby, the sacred craft store.

(I searched before posting this, but did a fairly cursory search so mods feel free to merge if needed).

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if this person would come unglued over coloring books of cathedral rose windows which are pretty explicitly Christian?

*puts out a nice trail of chocolate, herb tea, brandy, Ebil Saturated Fats, non-GMO foodstuffs, and other Wicked Goodies, in hopes of getting other Grownup Coloring People to come play*

57 minutes ago, mirele said:

I wonder if this person would come unglued over coloring books of cathedral rose windows which are pretty explicitly Christian?

Considering that one of the illustrations she used to point out the evils of mandalas is actually a rose window, I'd say yeah. :pb_confused:

Just now, Khan said:

Oh, ffs. Now I need to create some Bible coloring pages. Let's start with Lot and his daughters.  I'm sure she would LOVE that.

2016-02-23_16.18.44.thumb.jpg.e00b0b3df2 

It has bible verses and everything.

2 hours ago, mirele said:

There's no cathedral windows, rose or otherwise, in my Bible!

:P

If she's so insecure in her faith that coloring a picture can turn her to Satan, then that's her problem.  Why don't these idiots ever talk about how God helped them retain their faith through coloring mandalas?  Or is he so weak that a picture has more power?  They aren't doing their deity of choice any favors.

I belong to one (yes only one) coloring group on FJ.   Someone in that group posted about this article there today and they were quite upset by the article.  She said she wasn't going to stop coloring mandalas, but was really upset at the fact that some people would think it was unchristian (satanic?  I haven't read the article).

There are tons of christian based coloring books out there and I just noticed a few days ago that there are a ton of new ones coming out this year.  

If you don't want to color mandalas there are still plenty of "safe" coloring options for christians.   I wish I had so much time on my hands and that my life was so simple that all I had to do was worry about what other people are coloring :pb_rollseyes:

Why must fundies make everything about God or Satan? And why are they always so concerned about what everyone else is doing. 

So does the mandala hold some spiritual power in and of itself, outside of the value that a Buddhist puts on it while meditating?

Symmetry is totally Satanic. That's the problem with mandalas. Symmetry. Symmetry is like saying there could be equality in the Godhead, which diminishes the place of God the Father. Lucifer also thought he could be equal with God the Father. So you can see where that gets you.  And you know they teach symmetry in elementary age math books, which is setting the young folk up for Satanism. There you go. Between mandalas and Rainbow Brite the world is totally going to hell. 

Well I feel this is kind of un-Christian... If Indian religions aren't supposed to be true, why should a Christian care what meaning they assign to a picture.  If those religions are bull then it's just a picture and a Christian can color it. Like the bit in Paul's letters where he said it's probably ok to eat meat that was sacrificed to Roman gods because those gods aren't real. 

3 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Symmetry is totally Satanic. That's the problem with mandalas. Symmetry. Symmetry is like saying there could be equality in the Godhead, which diminishes the place of God the Father. Lucifer also thought he could be equal with God the Father. So you can see where that gets you.  And you know they teach symmetry in elementary age math books, which is setting the young folk up for Satanism. There you go. Between mandalas and Rainbow Brite the world is totally going to hell. 

Taryn is that you? ;)

I just did some brief research (read a wiki lol) on mandalas.  Here are some pertinent quotes from the page:

In common use, mandala has become a generic term for any diagram, chart or geometric pattern that represents the cosmos metaphysically or symbolically; a microcosm of the universe.

Forms which are evocative of mandalas are prevalent in Christianity: the celtic cross; the rosary; the halo; the aureole; oculi; the Crown of Thorns; rose windows; the Rosy Cross; and the dromenon on the floor of Chartres Cathedral. The dromenon represents a journey from the outer world to the inner sacred centre where the Divine is found.

According to art therapist and mental health counselor Susanne F. Fincher, we owe the re-introduction of mandalas into modern Western thought to Carl Jung, the Swiss psychoanalyst. In his pioneering exploration of the unconscious through his own art making, Jung observed the motif of the circle spontaneously appearing. The circle drawings reflected his inner state at that moment. Familiarity with the philosophical writings of India prompted Jung to adopt the word "mandala" to describe these circle drawings he and his patients made. In his autobiography, Jung wrote:

"I sketched every morning in a notebook a small circular drawing,...which seemed to correspond to my inner situation at the time....Only gradually did I discover what the mandala really is:...the Self, the wholeness of the personality, which if all goes well is harmonious."

— Carl Jung, Memories, Dreams, Reflections, pp. 195 – 196.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandala

I think it's safe to say that no christian is going to hell or be drawn in by satan for coloring a mandala.

3 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Huh? No, sorry. I don't know anyone named Taryn. Lol. 

Sorry I was making a joke (which obviously didn't work since I now have to explain it).

From the FJ Dictionary:

Taryn: former commenter on ZsuZsu's blog, her convoluted comments revealed that she had blue cups and that the OK sign is evil

@Boogalou and @twin2 are our resident Taryn experts.  They will be able to give you a better summary.

Oh, sorry. I don't follow Zsu Zsu. :P 

BUT 

Carl Jung is a psychologist and probably a mason so his endorsements of mandalas prove they are of the devil. And the OK sign is code for 666. That's why all the pop stars make the OK sign, to signal to each other they are in the Illuminati, which is bringing in the new world order which is clearly of the devil. And the Rosy Cross is related to the Rosicrucians who are related to the Masons who are related to the Illuminati who are clearly of the Devil. 

And so you have now proved that coloring books are the devil's tool to prepare people for the New World Order. 

Someone give her some coloring books, coloring supplies and lock her in a room.   

And I'm not stopping my color therapy.  

Archived