IGNORED

Lina and Love's one year anniversary

Beeks

Ummmm...you met seven months into the courtship, which was six months ago, but today you're celebrating your one year anniversary.

Count much?

Last time I checked, there are 12 months in a year (at least in the calendar used here and now). 7+6=13. hmmmm.

Perhaps mysogynist fundy christian wanna-be jews have a different calendar. Good to know.

It's funny you say that because there are, in fact, thirteen months in the Jewish calendar this year (5771). This year's a leap year, so we add an extra month in the middle. There's no way Lina's referring to this, though.

If you want all the gory details about how the Jewish calendar works -- I mean, how can you not be interested? -- check out the Jewish calendar page on JewFAQ.org.

Edit: Oops! I pulled a Steve Maxwell there! Time to change the formatting of that URL. Thanks, Lillian.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone see Andrea's( from "God is writing my love story") comment to Lina on AJnPaulina'a FB Page?

"Andrea DeHerrera I am so excited for you! We got married in a small ceremony in January but had our wedding in March. I didn't tell many people about our January wedding. Honestly the March one was for show. It wasn't as special as our January one."

THAT'S why she got pg so fast. And yet she was claiming that she hadn't had sex before the March wedding. (Unless she just made that up).

If so, I don't get it. Why not just combine the two? It seems that many (normal) people do so. I had a Catholic ceremony at church and reception that evening.

Well, if you really think it is important to be married, and for whatever reason a wedding has to be delayed (or you can't wait for having teh sexy tiems), I can understand not having both together. I can think of lots of good reasons to have 2 "weddings," but I doubt any of those apply here.

(Of course, I tend to be of the opinion that lots of people should spend less time planning their wedding and more time planning to be married.)

Maybe they're having a second wedding to make their families happy. More likely in Lina's case she can't have the "Jewish" wedding she wants but thinks she can study up and have it in a year.

(Or maybe they figure they can live without a crockpot and toaster for now, but in a year it will be unbearable, so they'll need to register for gifts...)

Anyone see Andrea's( from "God is writing my love story") comment to Lina on AJnPaulina'a FB Page?

"Andrea DeHerrera I am so excited for you! We got married in a small ceremony in January but had our wedding in March. I didn't tell many people about our January wedding. Honestly the March one was for show. It wasn't as special as our January one."

THAT'S why she got pg so fast. And yet she was claiming that she hadn't had sex before the March wedding. (Unless she just made that up).

If so, I don't get it. Why not just combine the two? It seems that many (normal) people do so. I had a Catholic ceremony at church and reception that evening.

I am not good at backwards math but if DS is 10 months - would she not have possibly been pregnant BEFORE the January wedding.....

Andrea DeHerreraposted to The Good Letdown

How hard is tandem nursing? My DS is 10 months old and going strong BFing but we are ttc. I want to nurse him until he is at least 2 if he will. I am so nervous that getting pregnant will mess things up.

02 September at 12:21 · Privacy:

Well, if you really think it is important to be married, and for whatever reason a wedding has to be delayed (or you can't wait for having teh sexy tiems), I can understand not having both together. I can think of lots of good reasons to have 2 "weddings," but I doubt any of those apply here.

(Of course, I tend to be of the opinion that lots of people should spend less time planning their wedding and more time planning to be married.)

Maybe they're having a second wedding to make their families happy. More likely in Lina's case she can't have the "Jewish" wedding she wants but thinks she can study up and have it in a year.

My friend and her fiancé were in the middle of planning their wedding, still several months off, when her fiancé got laid off. He's a cancer survivor, so they got legally married several days later so that he could be on my friend's health insurance. They still had the wedding they planned several months later, so they could have the religious ceremony and a reception as a "celebration of love."

Maybe the 2nd "wedding" will be a reception where TT's family lives. Though, judging by the way his family kept posting on his old FB page that they hadn't heard from him, that seems unlikely.

Archived