IGNORED

Lina and Love's one year anniversary

Beeks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what's going to happen when she gets out of this latest obsession? Because remember, for a while it was herbalism and natural health, vegetarianism, etc. and then it became religion. First fundamentalist Christianity, then a sort of mix of Judaism and Christianity, now Judaism-with-Yeshua-included.

I think Lina is jumping into this. She's trying on different things like pants at TJ Maxx. I don't know. Maybe years and years and a dozen kids from now she and AJ will still be happy as clams, but I think that at 19 it's too young to tell. I think she will regret doing nothing with her life (yes, cooking and cleaning and watching tv and scrubbing a man's bathroom is not a 'noble occupation'. If you are a mom that's one thing. If you are taking care of an invalid you are doing something. If you are sitting on your bottom reading crap on the internet and "being a wife" to someone who's capable for taking care of themselves, you aren't doing much). That being said, I had many friends who wanted badly to go to college and couldn't afford it; one of my friends had a family member to take care of and ended up moving two thousand miles away to do it, giving up school and a scholarship. It pisses me off that Lina scoffs at college like her parents were sending her off to some woman's prison for 4 years. AJ is also young. I keep thinking how some people do this 180-religious conversion and within a few years are turned off by it (Larry Flynt comes to mind to name one...). I worry that could happen to Lina and she could wake up one day and be like wtf. Not being mean, but if she ends up a divorced woman with no marketable skills and a load o' kids to raise I think she'll be sad.

Does Lina's love have really bad skin or do I just have a really dirty lap top screen?

It looks like it's really pock marked from acne scars...That aside he still isn't much to look at.

I really wonder what on earth she does all day... It seems like 90% of her day is spent sitting in her room looking up new things to practice. It will be interesting to see if once she and TT are married and she no longer has to "tone it down" around her family what things will be like. Hmmmm.... :think:

I can still see it too. I'll have to go check out the back-and-forth.

P.S. I HATE HATE HATE the random other-language words!!!!! Sorta like if I was all enamored with Russian and every fifth word I wrote in Russian...same "wtf" moments. It doesn't make you any holier to use a different language!!!

Like in " A Clockwork Orange."

I really hope she answers why they are having two weddings. She's been answering other questions in her comments section.

I'm sure it's because they decided to be shomer negiah (not touch before marriage). Notice how they got engaged and are getting married just a few weeks later. Wow guys, big mitzvah, even I could go a couple of weeks without touching a man. So this way they can have kosher sexy time, then they'll probably do a big family party once they can get it all planned.

I'm sure it's because they decided to be shomer negiah (not touch before marriage). Notice how they got engaged and are getting married just a few weeks later. Wow guys, big mitzvah, even I could go a couple of weeks without touching a man. So this way they can have kosher sexy time, then they'll probably do a big family party once they can get it all planned.

Maybe she's pregnant. She wouldn't be the first "pure" woman to have a premature "honeymoon baby".

Maybe she's pregnant. She wouldn't be the first "pure" woman to have a premature "honeymoon baby".

Oooo, the plot thickens. Here's what happened [pure speculation]: Lina and Love, not having the guidance of their parents, started out holding hands. As we all know - it's all downhill from there! She lost her purity, which drove them to declare themselves shomer negiah in order to atone for their terrible sin. But it's too late, she's already expecting her first blessing, so quick, have the wedding in a couple of weeks and then claim Blessing came a month early! I wouldn't be too shocked.

Oooo, the plot thickens. Here's what happened [pure speculation]: Lina and Love, not having the guidance of their parents, started out holding hands. As we all know - it's all downhill from there! She lost her purity, which drove them to declare themselves shomer negiah in order to atone for their terrible sin. But it's too late, she's already expecting her first blessing, so quick, have the wedding in a couple of weeks and then claim Blessing came a month early! I wouldn't be too shocked.

Even if she's not preggers, I've known young Christians who feel the need to push the wedding if there has been an "oops".

Even if she's not preggers, I've known young Christians who feel the need to push the wedding if there has been an "oops".

I've actually known about that too, like it legitimizes it or something. And it really would make sense why they've suddenly declared themselves shomer negiah when they seemed just fine being all touchy touchy before

I've actually known about that too, like it legitimizes it or something. And it really would make sense why they've suddenly declared themselves shomer negiah when they seemed just fine being all touchy touchy before

Meh...they probably just decided to be shomer negiah so they can use a fancy new Yiddish (or Hebrew?) phrase and further proclaim their obsession with fake Judaism to their facebook fans.

Meh...they probably just decided to be shomer negiah so they can use a fancy new Yiddish (or Hebrew?) phrase and further proclaim their obsession with fake Judaism to their facebook fans.

Maybe so. I'm waiting for Love to storm in here guns ablazin' to defend Baby Doll's honor.

When Lina was in college she says she was "majoring in the fifth commandment"... Thou shalt not kill? What does that even mean?

Edit: Thank Hashem for Wikipedia. Apparently I learned the "wrong" commandments (Catholic)... fifth is actually honour your mother and father.

Her parents forced her to go to community college. She wanted to work on her homemaking skills. (This was before the Jewish conversion, I believe.)

Some of her blogs at the time are so amusing: asetapartlife.blogspot.com/search/label/College

Her parents forced her to go to community college. She wanted to work on her homemaking skills. (This was before the Jewish conversion, I believe.)

Some of her blogs at the time are so amusing: asetapartlife.blogspot.com/search/label/College

yes, it made a lot more sense once I realized that the 10 commandments I learned are different from EVERY OTHER Christian denomination and the Jewish religion as well. I thought she spent her college years trying not to kill someone ;)

I was just reading back through her blog....how extremely troubling is this paragraph:

"Am I ready for the responsiblity of a relationship? Taking it further, am I ready for the possibility of marriage? Can online relationships work? How important is personality? Likes/dislikes? If a man is in love with His Savior, completely zealous and passionate about His Word, does anything else matter...as much?"

This comes from entry exactly one year ago where she is trying to decide whether to court Love: asetapartlife.blogspot.com/2010/09/further-reflections.html

It sounds like she doesn't even LIKE the guy. How important is personality? It's REALLY important Lina! Good Lord girl, if you don't like his personality (and I don't blame you, he's a tool), don't marry they guy just because he's obsessed with Yeshua!

ETA: I see from the comments on that post it's already been discussed here. Ha! Sad that her only answer to FJ objections to that pph was "Yes, personality does matter, and that's what's been holding me back from saying yes to this person. But I think that fear of HaShem outways anything else, in my opinion."

Ha, if Lina is pregnant I will experience the glories of Schadenfreude.

Guest Anonymous

Ha, if Lina is pregnant I will experience the glories of Schadenfreude.

I might have a panic attack. Having one or more kids will trap her so much more tightly if it turns out that TT is as much of a scary asshole in real life as he is on the internet.

I might have a panic attack. Having one or more kids will trap her so much more tightly if it turns out that TT is as much of a scary asshole in real life as he is on the internet.

Hm, good point. I forgot for a second about what a scary fuck TT seems to be and that having his child would trap her.

I actually think TT is fairly nice looking, despite his skin. I'm sure the two will have pretty children. He's just so creepy, though.

I also suspect that Stephen could be a bit of a creep, but at least he's well-educated and has a good career.

We met in person for the first time seven months into our courtship. That was six months ago from today! My, how time flies!

Today, we are celebrating our 1-year anniversary,

Ummmm...you met seven months into the courtship, which was six months ago, but today you're celebrating your one year anniversary.

Count much?

Last time I checked, there are 12 months in a year (at least in the calendar used here and now). 7+6=13. hmmmm.

Perhaps mysogynist fundy christian wanna-be jews have a different calendar. Good to know.

I actually think TT is fairly nice looking, despite his skin. I'm sure the two will have pretty children. He's just so creepy, though.

I also suspect that Stephen could be a bit of a creep, but at least he's well-educated and has a good career.

Also, Stephen seems to come from a stable family that he is close to, which probably helps minimize the danger of the creep factor. As in, if he ever went uber-creepy, his family would probably take him down a peg.

Archived