IGNORED

Lina and Love's one year anniversary

Beeks

Did you read their vomitous back and forth on her blog? His comments are so obnoxious.

Also, it cracks me up how she says she "received permission" to talk to him. Her parents aren't fundie - I doubt they care whether their adult daughter wants to chat with somebody on facebook. How ridiculous.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

I can well imagine how that conversation went.

Lina: Father, a g-dly young man desires to talk to me on Facebook! Perhaps Yah has sent him to be my husband!

Lina's dad: *Stares at Lina as though she's lost her mind.*

Lina: Because you are my father and I submit to you in all things except when I know better and you're doing it wrong, I ask your permission to speak with this man.

Lina's dad: You're 18 years old. You don't need my permission to talk to a boy. It's a normal activity for a girl your age, and we all know normal is thin on the ground for you these days. Have fun, but remember to be cautious, because you only know this dude from the internet.

Lina: Oh, father! Thank you! Now I am being courted and soon I may be a kallah!

Lina's dad: *Facepalm.*

On a totally shallow note, Taliban Tony is so. not. attractive. The skeeviness pours off of him in waves. He makes my skin crawl.

On their Facebook, Lina said that she's created a page for a "virtual wedding shower" and the wedding will be in 8 days.

Have they made their page private? I can't find it anymore and wasn't their FB friend.

Is there a website or anything for the virtual shower?

They conduct their online communications the same way my 16 year old niece does with her 'love'. High school, puppy love, immature, inexperienced kids just learning.

Only, my 16 year old niece is unlikely to spend the rest of her life with her first boyfriend and for all their puppy love talk, that fact seems to be a given to her. She 'knows' she's not going to marry him - hell, she doesn't want to marry anyone until she is 'at least 30'.

It's still "AJ N Paulina." I have no idea why I am able to see it, since I'm not a FB friend. Maybe it's my magical Jew powers . . . their virtual shower site, I can't find.

I can still see it too. I'll have to go check out the back-and-forth.

P.S. I HATE HATE HATE the random other-language words!!!!! Sorta like if I was all enamored with Russian and every fifth word I wrote in Russian...same "wtf" moments. It doesn't make you any holier to use a different language!!!

OMGWTF...some commenter on her "Bride's Thoughts" post says "That's YAHsome Paulina and Anthony!!!" THAT'S NOT PUNNY.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I am dying over here! That's fabulous!

:lol: :lol: :lol: I am dying over here! That's fabulous!

Isn't that worse than actually putting an o in God? (Yah forbid!!) LOL (Why don't they say Y-h anyway??)

When Lina was in college she says she was "majoring in the fifth commandment"... Thou shalt not kill? What does that even mean?

Edit: Thank Hashem for Wikipedia. Apparently I learned the "wrong" commandments (Catholic)... fifth is actually honour your mother and father.

OMGWTF...some commenter on her "Bride's Thoughts" post says "That's YAHsome Paulina and Anthony!!!" THAT'S NOT PUNNY.

*snort*

:lol: :D :lol:

That's excellent.

I still can't believe she's going through this wedding. It's interesting the details are so vague, she hasn't even specified what kind of wedding it is. She's in for a rude awakening as to what being married and running a home might entail.

Where are they going to live? Is Lina going to move from her father's headship (ie, giving lip service to serving at home while not obeying her dad's wishes as to her attending college and moving the hell out of his house) to Love's apartment?

Wonder where she'll be washing his clothes......

Where are they going to live? Is Lina going to move from her father's headship (ie, giving lip service to serving at home while not obeying her dad's wishes as to her attending college and moving the hell out of his house) to Love's apartment?

Wonder where she'll be washing his clothes......

She said in comments on Facebook that she'd already moved many of her books to his apartment, making sure to emphasize that it is her future apartment/home.

Oh god, I just saw the picture she put on her blog and relized that she's actually an adult woman. A grown-up! Her blog posts made me picture her as a teenager, she does sound very young and full of teenage enthusiasm (fanaticism) at times.

Well, I wish her luck with her wedding. It all sounds a little off. Who announces their wedding about three weeks before it actually takes place? Weird.

Oh god, I just saw the picture she put on her blog and relized that she's actually an adult woman. A grown-up! Her blog posts made me picture her as a teenager, she does sound very young and immature and full of teenage-like enthusiasm (fanaticism) at times.

Well, I wish her luck with her wedding. It all sounds a little off. Who announces their wedding about three weeks before it actually takes place? Weird.

Actually, I think she is only 19. Maybe 20. Mentally, though, she seems about 15...

Is she having an actual wedding with actual guests? Who is performing the ceremony? Is this the "legal" wedding or the "Jewish" wedding? So many questions, so few answers.

I thought she was 19 but I could be wrong. I didn't follow her at all until Taliban Tony showed up here.

They - as a couple - took over HIS Facebook. So, being 'male' in the info can just be carry over from that. They didn't create a new, shared profile. They renamed it, and she has access, but it's still the profile he created.

I just noticed that Taliban Tony is wearing a white shirt and kippah in a couple of photos that appear to have been taken on Shabbat. Have they become Kabbalah Centre followers as well?

She is 19 or 20...She graduated high school when she was 17 (revealed in one of her posts). And she said that was 2 years ago.

She has older features and could easily pass for 26/27 in some pictures... They make such an oddly matched couple when it comes to the looks department... But then again, she didn't seem too picky. It seemed to be "Who is the first guy to stalk me online and how can I mimick his beliefs in my blog?"

She'd be going into her second year of college, if she'd stayed in school, so I don't think she's even old enough to legally drink. I agree with darkplumaged, that mentally she seems much younger than she looks.

I wonder what's going to happen when she gets out of this latest obsession? Because remember, for a while it was herbalism and natural health, vegetarianism, etc. and then it became religion. First fundamentalist Christianity, then a sort of mix of Judaism and Christianity, now Judaism-with-Yeshua-included.

Wonder how the two weddings will fly with the Powers That Be in her particular brand of religion? I also wonder how her parents feel about this whole thing - if they're worried that their daughter is hooking up with a nut case, if they're afraid she's going to cut off contact with them, if they're concerned about Tony's extremist beliefs when it comes to male headship, etc.

Archived