IGNORED

Spotify user? Might want to change your password.

47of74

Apparently hundreds of Spotify account details were leaked on line;

technobuffalo.com/2016/02/19/report-says-hundreds-of-account-details-were-leaked-in-spotify-hack/

A report from IBTimes UK claims “hundreds” of Spotify Premium account details were compromised. The account details were reportedly posted to Pastebin, which is a site that regularly hosts massive dumps of data.

According to the same IBTimes UK report, the leaked data doesn’t include payment details, which means general information, such as email addresses, may have been compromised. Last year, IBTimes UK points to a similar incident in which over a thousand email addresses and passwords were leaked.

“We monitor Pastebin and other sites regularly,” Spotify told IB Times UK. “When we find Spotify credentials, we first verify that they are authentic, and if they are, we immediately notify affected users to change their passwords. That is what happened this week.”

If you haven’t been contacted by Spotify over the last few days, chances are your information is safe and sound. However, it might be a good idea to keep a close eye on your account just to make sure nothing fishy is going on.

I changed my password as soon as I saw this story even though I'm not a premium user.

• 3 months later...

I use Facebook for my login, but I have not seen too many issues (knock on wood). 

Archived