• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
SpoonfulOSugar

Amazing Race

SpoonfulOSugar

A new season is starting tonight.

I'm pretty much calling it - this show has jumped the shark.

I'm so disappointed - why they need a hook of a bunch of ridiculous, over-the-top narcissists is beyond me.

What was once must-watch - I'm 12 minutes into the new season and ready to turn it off. :(

LittleSpouseOnThePrairie

I agree that the theme seasons are a bit contrived and make it hard for me to root for any team. I wasn't a big fan of the blind date season either. 

sawasdee

Oh I so enjoyed some of the earlier seasons! Who could forget that pattern card of chivalry and courtesy Jonathan? Or the very sweet team who walked through a Middle European castle asking all the staff if they were a candelabra? And the really irritating deaf boy with his mother.....  I genuinely loved the two hippy guys who won, who made time in every country to actually interact with local people.(I think they got to the finale by pedalling a pedalo REALLY FAST in Japan,  and won when they got the flags in order of countries visited).

But  @SpoonfulOSugar, I haven't enjoyed the last couple of seasons. The new one (bloggers or something?) hasn't enticed by the ads. Don't think I'll be watching. Don't know why they didn't just stick with a wide range of different contestants: they don't have to manufacture a link between them.

ClaraOswin

I love this show. But this season? Meh. There's no one good to root for at all.

Suz8710

I hope they go back to having more average joe folks. I've applied several times (different partners) but unless I or my partner have some claim to fame or oddity ...ain't never gonna happen. 

Any FJer want to race with me ;)? That'd be a new one lol.

ClaraOswin

The new season finally starts soon. Anyone else plan on watching?

HeathenBlondie

I'll be watching! I was beginning to think it wasn't coming back for another season.