IGNORED

Grey's Anatomy

RabbitKM

6 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

It's on tonight?

Ha! You're right. I thought it was on but it wasn't. I just got so used to it being on every week that I assumed it would be this week, too. Not a native, don't have American TV. :-/ 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was all set to watch it last night and then I fell asleep.  Anybody want to fill me in? 

Should I even bother to watch tonight?  Last week I set down to watch and promptly fell asleep.

• Upvote 1

It wasn't that bad actually. Reminded me of the old Grey's Anatomy. It's become a little predictable but which show isn't after 13 seasons? 

Why couldn't they just have said something like 'This is Nathan, he grew up in New Zealand, after junior high his parents moved back to the US and later he joined the army where he met Owen and his sister.' Period. Accent explained. Well, we will never know. 

What we do know now is Jo's real name. It's Brooke. Amirite?

On 12.5.2017 at 1:21 AM, onekidanddone said:

Should I even bother to watch tonight?  Last week I set down to watch and promptly fell asleep.

I fell asleep throughout the entire season. So many plots, so many loose ends, so many interesting twists, turns, storylines not wrapped up...so much potential of good storytelling wasted. 

• Upvote 2

I'm still holding out hope for a Mer/Alex 'ship, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

I have lots of hate for Jo. I mean, seriously. She's a goddamn Mary Sue. So many of her problems could be cleared up with Alex if she'd just TALK TO HIM for realz.

• Upvote 1

On 15.5.2017 at 6:59 PM, keen23 said:

I'm still holding out hope for a Mer/Alex 'ship, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

I have lots of hate for Jo. I mean, seriously. She's a goddamn Mary Sue. So many of her problems could be cleared up with Alex if she'd just TALK TO HIM for realz.

I think they'll end up together. After all, they are "the two" Webber in the beginning predicted to be left. 

What's the consensus on the finale? 

I think it was a lot better than expected. I'm sad to see Stephanie leave and I can't warm up to the Owen-plot. So I'm not holding my breath for next season. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Pretzel said:

What's the consensus on the finale? 

I agree it was much better than I thought it was going to be. I actually like the way Stephanie's character left the show. She didn't get killed off so that was a bonus and I really thought she was going to be killed off. The Owen's sister is alive plot line is kinda cool. Overall it was nicely done and this episode was much better than the previous episodes. 

However I'm a huge April and Jackson supporter and I don't like the Jackson/Maggie thing that is happening. I sensed it was going that way a few weeks ago. I was hoping I was wrong but I guess not. I really wanted April and Jackson to get back together but I guess that isn't happening now. Maggie is more annoying that April, April has grown on me and now she is one of my favorites.  Naggie and no that isn't a riffle is so much more over the top than April imho. So i guess Jackson has a type lol

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 22.5.2017 at 0:54 PM, Diggingupdirt said:

However I'm a huge April and Jackson supporter and I don't like the Jackson/Maggie thing that is happening. I sensed it was going that way a few weeks ago. I was hoping I was wrong but I guess not. I really wanted April and Jackson to get back together but I guess that isn't happening now. Maggie is more annoying that April, April has grown on me and now she is one of my favorites.  Naggie and no that isn't a riffle is so much more over the top than April imho. So i guess Jackson has a type lol

Lolololol...Naggie. I must have missed that part the first time I read your post. That name is so appropriate for her. I keep watching clips on YT of Meredith and Lexie and OMG is there a difference between Lexie and Maggie. I LOVED Lexie, but I can't stand Naggie Maggie. I hate the Jackson/Maggie thing too, I think they don't fit together AT ALL. Just let Maggie get back together with De Luca and ride into the sunset. Except that I like de Luca. Just get rid of Maggie in a non-dramatic way. 

Why can't these people not talk to each other?! Two thirds of the season revolved around conflicts that could've been solved if people just talked. 

Now, I'm definitely not holding my breath for the coming season. Who knows, maybe I won't watch at all and just binge watch once season 14 is over. 

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 2

• 3 months later...

I haven't seen when the season starts, but I barely care.  I will watch because I have come this far . . . but I do hope that it is the last season.  And that it is not as boring as last year.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2017 at 0:42 PM, Satan'sFortress said:

I haven't seen when the season starts, but I barely care.  I will watch because I have come this far . . . but I do hope that it is the last season.  And that it is not as boring as last year.

I agree. I was an avid watcher. I found the previous season quite boring. After McDreamy died, that was pretty much it for me. The show was going downhill way before that though.

• Upvote 1

I think I read that the showrunner from seasons one through I can't remember is returning this season.  We'll see if it makes a difference.  Although now that Shonda has that Netflix deal will her ABC shows suffer now that she begins developing series for them?

It's official: Hell just froze over. 

I loved, loved, loved the first two episodes of this season. I loved it so much I watched it twice in a day. Yay! If the season continues to be like this, I will definitely keep on watching but I don't want to get my hopes up just yet. 

• Upvote 2

I thought the opening episodes were ok.  Spoilers below.

Amelia's tumor :((((( Why does shonda hate the shepherds? Derick dying of a brain injury, and now Amelia. RUDE.

I still hope April and Jackson get back together. WTF is going on with Maggie and Jackson? They are technically brother/sister now... 

• Upvote 1

I do think these first two episodes were better than I was expecting, based on the past few seasons. 

I am trying to think of a character who has not had a serious illness or injury.  Not coming up with any.  There is probably a fan page that has this . . .

I also am rooting for April and Jackson.  It is about the only relationship I care about at this point.  April used to be a bit annoying, but I actually like the character now. 

Alex is looking older.  I guess by Season 14, the Alex & Meredith characters would have to be 40 by now, right?

@Satan'sFortressI always thought Meredith and Alex were a bit older than the other interns when the series started. I'd say Meredith and Alex are supposed to be in their early 40s, Christina/Maggie/Jackson in the late 30s and Amelia/April mid/early 30s. 

I love April. She is my definition of HARDCORE. A damn rockstar she is. Like Jackson, I love everything about her :pb_lol:

I just read online that DeLuca's Italian is Roman and his sister's is Sicilian. Not like it matters much in a show where one doctor pretends to be American while everyone knows and hears he's from New Zealand. LOL

• Upvote 1

Didn't Meredith throw up in one of last season's last episodes? Now this season's storyline tied right in and she's in a 'mood'. I hope she's not pregnant with the man with 1000 accents' kid.  That would be something. 

Not sure I care about Alex and Jo. I don't want to lose Alex but if Jo sticks around they can go live in her car and never come back. 

• Upvote 1

I can genuinely say I loved 14x04. I am surprised how much I like this season. I think it's obvious there are a few old-new writers at work (afaik, a couple writers of the early seasons came back).

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2017 at 7:39 PM, RabbitKM said:

I thought the opening episodes were ok.  Spoilers below.

Amelia's tumor :((((( Why does shonda hate the shepherds? Derick dying of a brain injury, and now Amelia. RUDE.

I still hope April and Jackson get back together. WTF is going on with Maggie and Jackson? They are technically brother/sister now... 

#Japril forever! When Catherine Avery said something about how she used to listen to her sibling like Jackson is listening to Maggie I about died from laughter. I do not want them together. Jackson belongs with April haha. 

Amelia's brain tumor is a good way for the writers to redeem her less than stellar qualities. Her and Owen got together so fast, and not that Teddy is back I am really rooting for them (Teddy and Owen). 

I think I might be the only one on this thread that actually likes Alex and Jo together. Yes, Jo does make things way more difficult than they need to be, but I really think they are good together. Hopefully this season she smartens up and stops being so afraid of her ex. I have never been abused so I cannot comment on the trauma she feels. 

• Upvote 1

Why did the kid that Megan adopted speak perfect, accent-less English? What is the deal with accents on this show? 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

@Satan'sFortress I literally have no idea. So in theory Megan 'adopted' this boy while in captivity, so he must have been in captivity too, right? And she must have been his main exposure to adults/caregivers if his English is that good. Made not much sense. So Nathan, supposed to have grown up in the US and being a US citizen= New Zealand accent. Iraqi boy who grew up in captivity= no accent. 

Typical Grey's Anatomy, isn't it?! And on top of that, Martin Henderson has left the show if I am not mistaken. So, they build the whole story around Mer/Nathan/Megan up to let him ride into the sunset with Megan and her illegally adopted kid in episode 5 of the season. 

After Season 13, nothing surprises me anymore. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Im OK with Riggs leaving. I think I was more shocked about how he used to be versus how he was in Seattle. 

I also was wondering how on earth she can just keep that kid with out adoption papers? If you were a captive you would not be able to file for adoption I assume. Also, I would think there would be more Stockholm syndrome apparent in Megan. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1