IGNORED

Grey's Anatomy

RabbitKM

@RabbitKM You did a great job nailing down the problem! Forcing her daughter to lead an LDR because she herself didn't want to make that sacrifice is the top of selfishness and Arizona had no other choice than to fight for what's right for Sofia. It's not like Callie would have moved with her spouse with whom Sofia also has an established, substantial relationship and which would make them some kind of family unit; a scenario which would make a lot more sense and would at least be understandable to some degree. But this is different. The internet pretty much agrees with us that Arizona was the only right choice for physical custody and that Callie is a selfish idiot. Who in their right mind would compare the love for their child with the love they have for someone they've only known for a few months? It's ridiculous, isn't it? Or am I asking too much from mothers? I don't want this to turn into ugly thread drift or mother-shaming in some way, and I guarantee you that I apply the same rules to fathers: Your child's well-being is the top priority and if you don't want to make sacrifices yourself, don't ask your kid to make them for you. And if you have a kid with someone and shared custody, it is completely unacceptable to exclude the other parent from the decision making process. 

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 1

I also feel like the writing this season has been very disjointed, as evidenced by the screwy timeline.  How are we supposed to believe that Penny has spent lots of time with Sofia, when we only saw them meet for the first time like two episodes ago.  And now suddenly they're best friends and Penny knows everything about her?  Obviously, a lot of time must have passed between then and now, especially because I am sure a custody trial doesn't happen overnight. But to us the viewers, it only feels like two weeks or so.  In general, I think that many of the episodes this season leave something to be desired, and I'm not sure what it is.   

• Upvote 1

On 7/05/2016 at 4:12 AM, RabbitKM said:

I also feel like the writing this season has been very disjointed, as evidenced by the screwy timeline.  How are we supposed to believe that Penny has spent lots of time with Sofia, when we only saw them meet for the first time like two episodes ago.  And now suddenly they're best friends and Penny knows everything about her?  Obviously, a lot of time must have passed between then and now, especially because I am sure a custody trial doesn't happen overnight. But to us the viewers, it only feels like two weeks or so.  In general, I think that many of the episodes this season leave something to be desired, and I'm not sure what it is.   

I think the show has drifted pretty far from it's original style/feel. Like watching an ep from say season 2 and watching last week's ep, it feels like you're watching two different shows. Grey's hasn't really hit me in the feels so much in the last few years. I didn't even really feel sad about Derek's death, I just felt angry. I still miss Cristina, I think her departure really affected the feel of the show. Hands-down the best ep of the season was the one where the patient beat up Mer, the rest have been a bit meh. That being said, I did quite enjoy the last ep. Callie was being a dick but it was engaging and suspenseful.

• Upvote 1

First episode I watch after a few weeks. All I can say is I don't believe wilmer valderrama in any role that is not Fez. He looks mid-20s since he was 21

• Upvote 2

This most recent ep wasn't the season finale right? Cause nothing really happened...?

I totally called Callie being all 'you've done enough Penny!!!' and not going to NY anymore.

Meredith and Riggs...wtf. It was bizarre.

• Upvote 2

One more. 

Meredith and Riggs had almost no buildup.  

The whole episode was again predictable (aside from the wtf aspect of meredith and riggs).  

That episode was so weird. Meredith was a bitch to Amelia. Amelia should have punched her in the face, really. 

Meredith and the guy who can't pick an accent was kind of predictable though it happened in a surprising fashion. I thought he was going to hook up with Maggie and I do see material for some future sororal quarrel over TGWCPAA.

WTF is wrong with Jo? 

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 1

@Pretzel my bet about Jo is that she is already married to some abusive guy that she is in hiding from. Cause it would tie together with the Peckwell incident and explain why she won't marry Alex.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yes, TOTALLY said:

@Pretzel my bet about Jo is that she is already married to some abusive guy that she is in hiding from. Cause it would tie together with the Peckwell incident and explain why she won't marry Alex.

That's the only logical explanation. Of you ever find a guy like Alex, your ovaries start crying when you are like 6 feet away. The guy is the hottest baby surgeon in the world, you just can't give that up, Jo

• Upvote 1

On 5/14/2016 at 2:14 AM, Yes, TOTALLY said:

I was thinking the same thing!!!! She has to be married but just come clean about it already. I bet $1 that the season finale cliff hanger will be Jo saying she is married to someone else. Because this season has been so predictable that i would expect nothing less!!!

Spoiler

So it was just announced that Sara Ramirez will not be returning to Grey's next season :(

Well we all guessed it!!!!! Jo is still married!!! So predictable! I hate how they had Alex beat the crap out of that guy Maggie was dating ( i can't for the life of me remember what his name is). That is the Alex from season 1. He has matured so much and now they bring him back down.

I enjoyed the story line with April, Ben and Jackson. It was intriguing. But, why is every child birth on that show traumatic? It is never a happy and joyous occasion to have a baby on Grey's.

My last note on this season finale is......WHY does everyone on this show have a mental breakdown right before they are about to be married. It is so overdone. I could have predicted that was going to happen before any preview was shown. I almost feel like the show has become so predictable that its almost boring. But i will continue watching until Shonda decides it is time to end the series. 

Anyways, I love to hear your thoughts on this season finale

• Upvote 2

^ Predictable is exactly what it was!! Everyone saw the Jo being married to an abusive guy thing coming, April having a traumatic birth and Ben emerging the hero was totally foreseeable, and almost every grey's wedding ever has been fraught with drama. April left Matt at the altar, Cristina melted down and then Burke left her, Bailey had to go operate on Adele, Izzy had cancer. Basically if you have a big wedding on greys something awful will happen, but if you get married at Mer's or on a post-it you'll be safe.

I thought the finale was anti-climatic. I kept waiting for something awful to happen. Like Arizona giving Callie the plane tickets and Sofia and then Callie crashing the car on the way to the airport. Or Richard having a heart attack at the wedding. It was just so un-greys not to have a death or a death cliffhanger. Nice, but surprising.

The part with Amelia on the phone with her mum in the beginning was pretty heartbreaking.

• Upvote 1

I came to congratulate FJers on their 100% accuracy rate on the predictions for the Grey's season finale.  

• Upvote 4

I am going to miss SR, her character until this year was one of my faves.

29 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I am going to miss SR, her character until this year was one of my faves.

She HAS to be coming back at some point, right? That was too lame of a send-off for a character that's been there almost since the beginning.

@Yes, TOTALLY  Maybe she wanted the easy way out? 

@cluelissThe finale was pretty much what each of us expected. April's sans-anesthesia c-sec on Mer's kitchen table was the only moment that had me hold my breath and have goosebumps throughout the entire episode. Sarah Drew deserves a fucking Emmy for her scream. I predict Ben looking more into gynecology and becoming an OBGYN. I guarantee y'all some Arizona/Ben tension and drama in the future as well as heavy post partum depressions for April and an eventual Japril reunification. Though the plot per-se is nothing new in Shondaland. In Private Practice Violet had her baby cut out of her belly and post-partum trauma as well as a fight for custody. The J'april drama reminds me heavily of PP

@DiggingupdirtI doubt Owelia will pull through with the marriage. Something will happen in the season 13 premier. It's alwass been like that, if the season ends silently the premier will start with a bang. No vows have been said yet, no rings exchanged. 

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

an eventual Japril reunification

Yes, please! I love them together. Actually, I love Jackson any which way, but I want them together, happily, with their baby.

1 hour ago, Letgo said:

an eventual Japril reunification

Yes, please! I love them together. Actually, I love Jackson any which way, but I want them together, happily, with their baby.

Preaching to the choir!

• 2 months later...

Greys is coming back on september 22! I'm hoping you guys will all be back to love/hate watch it with me, as everyone I know IRL gave up on it several seasons ago :)

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Yes, TOTALLY said:

Greys is coming back on september 22! I'm hoping you guys will all be back to love/hate watch it with me, as everyone I know IRL gave up on it several seasons ago :)

I'll roll my eyes with you every week :pb_lol:

If i could finish AHS last season, damn, i can keep watching grey until Zola becomes a resident

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

So what's the consensus on the season opener? 

I'm calling a Meredith/Alex relationship, if not right now then once the show ends as the final twist. 

I wasn't impressed with the episode, especially since it was a premiere.  Of course, I wanted more Japril, like maybe a scene where they decided on the name (Harriet..) and and scene where Jackson would be freaking out over the status of April (since she did just get her uterus cut into on a kitchen table).  And maybe some more interaction with the other doctors surrounding the birth of a new baby and again, the fact April did just get cut into.  

The Alex/Deluca storyline is mildly interesting, but I doubt it's going to result in anything major.  Alex and Mer.. I don't know, I hope they don't go there!

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...

I am feeling very disconnected from this season. I have always enjoyed the show as much as i laugh and snark on the story lines I truly enjoyed the show for entertainment value. I wasn't upset when they went on mid season hiatus. The cliffhanger wasn't that interesting. I have invested alot of my time on this show to stop watching but unless the second half of this season gets better, i wouldn't be sad if they said the series was ending.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Diggingupdirt said:

I am feeling very disconnected from this season. I have always enjoyed the show as much as i laugh and snark on the story lines I truly enjoyed the show for entertainment value. I wasn't upset when they went on mid season hiatus. The cliffhanger wasn't that interesting. I have invested alot of my time on this show to stop watching but unless the second half of this season gets better, i wouldn't be sad if they said the series was ending.  

Agreed 100%.

I always liked Alex, from the beginning even. He used to be a real jerk but there was always something very human and real about him. He put people in their place when they wallowed in self-pity and their problems were minor or could have been easily solved. I'll never forget how Lexi moaned about her drunk father and her complicated life and he was like 'you're 24, I had to clean up my own father at age 7 and didn't get to be an adult so grow up and deal with it'. It was priceless and it's Alex in a nutshell. I love the friendship he and Meredith have going and I find them to be way less annoying and competitive than Mer and Christina were together. Alex is a great guy and an amazing doctor and he's learned to take commitment seriously,nobody is disputing his skills in peds.  His character development is the roundest on the entire show. Then they decided they were running out of good story arcs and started butchering all that. The thing that annoys me the most is that Jo is so fucking annoying and full of self-pity. Just start being honest with the people you love, b**ch, and there won't be all that drama. For realz, if she was a real person, I'd love for someone to shake the self-pity out and some sense into her. Her sorry ass is what gets Alex in trouble over and over again. Therefore I really hope that he'll listen to Meredith, his one real friend, and finally advocate for himself. 

Apart from her relationship with Alex, Meredith has become a real witch. She's so drunk on her self-pity that it hurts my eyes and ears when she opens her mouth. Or when she does anything, actually. Just get a grip on your life, Mer. Yet homegirl is busy lying to everyone (esp. Maggie), looking down on her peers (Amelia, who has had enough drama and trauma in her life, but Mer couldn't care less) and disrespecting her seniors (Bailey, Richard,..) because she's so full of herself. 

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 2

@Pretzel I agree with all of this!! Ugh! Jo just sucks, totally sucks, and Meredith so into herself its sad. I  also don't like the direction they are going with this new girl replacing Weber.

This season was pretty boring for me, and I'm a diehard Grey's fan.  

• Upvote 1