IGNORED

Grey's Anatomy

RabbitKM

There has to be some Grey's fans on here, right? I've been a steady fan since practically the beginning.  Grey's is like family to me.  

My basic thoughts on the show:

• My OTP: Japril <3
  • My least fav: Meredith (honestly, just ugh)
  • Other favorite characters: Arizona, Callie, Derek, Mark, Izzy, Alex, Amelia, Owen, Cristina, Mama Avery, Bailey, Chief Webber
  • Fav scenes: the Izzy & George elevator scene, Jackson burning bus scene, Japril wedding 

I just saw tonight's episode, Season 12 episode 9.  Spoilers below (hidden):

Spoiler

WHY WHY WHY I need my Japril to stay together.  Shonda did enough damage killing Samuel, why is she breaking them apart? I'm so mad.  I am hopeful that somehow they pull through, because of some tweets and things I read by the actors.  But still.  

Also, I've had enough of Meredith's near death experiences.  Alex's care for her was touching, though.

Amelia, I understand why lots of fans don't like her, but I think she's complex in an interesting way and imo she has a right to be mad at Meredith for not letting her come see Derek. But the whole schtick this episode was a bit over the top.  

All in all it was a good start to the season, but I am hoping we see less of Mer and more of everyone else in the future.  

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

There is a number of covers of how to save a life the body can handle. But I keep torturing myself by watching. 

I binge watched the show about 2 or 3 years ago, and have been hooked since. Before that I was an ocasional watcher

• Upvote 5

23 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

There is a number of covers of how to save a life the body can handle. But I keep torturing myself by watching. 

Ha! This is so true.  Last season, she mixed it up with some interesting covers, to say the least.

I thought the latest episode was the best grey's that there's been in some time. It was pretty heart breaking. I love Japril too, a lot of fans seem to hate April but I really like her! She's made mistakes but so has everyone on that show haha.

As for OTP, I liked Mer/Der and Cristina/Owen. Even though C & O were fundamentally not a good match, they had amazing chemistry and were good TV. Since the episode tonight I am surprisingly liking the love interest that seems to be being hinted at for Mer.

I liked Cristina best, but in the latter-day Grey's I like Mer, April, Alex and Webber. I loved Lexi and George and Addison :( 

The only character I really don't like is Jo. She is cheesy.

Personally, I really hate most of the covers. I preferred when they used to play cool kind of indie-ish music, like in the early seasons.

I really don't know why I still watch this show haha, I am just invested in seeing how it all ends.

Edited by Yes, TOTALLY
a thought
  • Upvote 5

Big fan.  I don't have a TV (haven't for going on 21 years), but about six months ago was convinced to get the entire series, and go fer it.  Everything up to this year's been watched a good solid dozen times, and some, more.

I find Bailey's men gorgeous and compelling.  And don't believe in her relationship with any one of them for a minute.  I think Bailey's Shonda's stand in, and she can't help writing the partners she wishes she had.

S10 E17 Do You Know? May be the single best hour on TV, evah.  Mrs Rodriguez may be the greatest dog of all time.     With the best name.  Genius.

I love Meredith, though I got thoroughly tired of her mom.  But Derrick just lights her up, and I don't know how a full year without them is going to be.

Jackson looks like the Grinch to me, but it was fun watching him and April trying to puzzle out their differences.

Whoever does the casting for the show has certainly turned up some amazing males--the bomb squad guy, Denny, Bailey's boyz,  April's fiance,  Henry.

Alex has annoyed me from day one.  I don't expect that to end.

I'm going to be seriously sad when this show ends. 

• Upvote 2

Count me in! I've been diggin' this show for years. I LOVE it. Part of me was only excited about the Smuggars producing spawn #4 because they could name her Meredith and they did, lol. I really love that name and despite Meredith's character being a little grating at times and her occasional navel-gazing, she's one of a few characters on TV that have a touching sense of integrity. Meredith always takes care of herself and stands back up even if life throws her over yet again.

I like the idea of the current season that Meredith is better off without Derek. I liked them together, but Derek was so full of himself, he never really saw her. He didn't see her potential, her strength, her integrity and her willingness to fight for the best outcome even if it meant consequences for her. I'm kind of glad he's gone.

I like Meredith and Maggie together. Maggie's kind of the dorky kid who does scrapbooking with her mom and doesn't notice if a guy likes her; the girl who gets UTIs from too much sex and who's getting hug-e-grams for her promotion, but still she's kind of a genius. She's not full of herself, though. Meredith can like her because she's unthreatening and a bit innocent. Her character is well written. 

I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Mark and Lexi. Lexi's character matured over the years and she became very likable. I just wished the writers had devoted more time to the establishing sisterly bond between her and Mer. 

One of my favorite characters is Alex. He's the character with the most interesting development. He started out as the biggest asshole ever and over the course of 12 years the writers have let him become one with an incredible sense of integrity and compassion. That they made him become a pediatric surgeon on the show was one well written plot. I heard some antis' opinion that becoming a peds surgeon was too out of character. I mean, WTF? Alex has never been the bad ass, ignorant careerist like Christina. He's always been incredibly sensitive and insecure. In peds they let him find a niche in which he could prove his potential and be his very best self. Because he's so vulnerable and has a high sense of responsibility, working with kids is how he can be his most authentic self. How can that not be in character?People complain about the Alex&Meredith friendship a lot but it is very in character IMHO. She always believed in him because she can see people's potential even if they put on a show. She didn't let him fool her. Like I said, he has a strong sense of responsibility and keeps loyal to people who believe in him. After all, Meredith is one of the few people he can count on and he pays that right back. He can be compassionate and caring about her because he knows she won't hurt him. I think that was a nice development. My favorite scene is when they both are sitting in an office after who-knows-which-drama waiting for an investigation or whatever. They sit and contemplate the fact that after all, they're the two doctors of their year that Webber predicted would be the only ones making it through. They both have sturdy personalities. I don't see how a Mer&Alex friendship could be out of line? Speaking of which, I hated Izzy. She was so arrogant and I could only tolerate her because she brought out the best in Alex. Ugh. So glad she's gone and I hope she'll never return. 

I liked Christina's humor, but she was too tough for my taste. She and Owen may have had chemistry but weren't made for each other. He needs someone to connect with emotionally, who will let him in. Someone who's vulnerable enough to let him take care of her. I think Amelia and him make a much better match. Christina worked well with Burke and I always wished he'd come back and be the one with whom she'd leave. I liked the ending they gave her character, though. 

As regards the Japril: I hated April in the beginning, though she grew on me over time. She's kind of all soft and vulnerable and dorky and grating on the outside, but she's a rock on the inside. Damn, she's matured. I hated the whole Jesus is my boyfriend shtick, it seemed so OOC for a nearly 30-year-old grown woman. They could've turned her into someone with a firm believe and who patiently puts up with all ridicule but in the end proves them all wrong. Perhaps then I would have had more respect for her character. She's a great fit for Jackson, though and I predict another unplanned pregnancy soon. 

And on that note, here comes my biggest pet peeve:  We've had the whole syphilis outbreak, several unwanted and/or unplanned pregnancies, Maggie's UTIs and so on. How can so many educated doctors have so much unprotected sex? Apart from the fact that they picture American doctors as people with just enough time and testosterone to have sex in on-call rooms all the time, the writers and producers also set very bad examples for their younger audience.  

Ok, I guess that's it for now. Can you tell I like that show? :my_biggrin:

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

well I was going to add something but I think pretzel has said it all!!!:tw_grin:  

I'm glad I am not alone on the loving Jackson and April together. I really hope they stay together. However, it doesn't seem like that is going to happen. I find April's character to be smart, funny, awkward, and weird. I find myself relating to her a lot (other than the God thing)  I think Jackson calms her and makes her really take a look at herself and she knows what to do. He is a good match for her and I think she does the same for him, she makes him come down off his pedestal and see life from a different perspective. Overall, if they write them apart it will make me sad.

Meredith and her near death experiences needs to stop. I love the show and have been watching since day one, but I decided to re-watch all the episodes on Netflix during the mid-season hiatus and now that i have binge watched it all over again, the near deaths really got to me. How much trauma can one person have in there life and still be believable??? However if i would not have re watched all the episodes i guess it would not have bothered me as much, but now it's getting to me.

Alex has always been another one of my favorites. Even in the beginning when he was such an asshole, I seen something good in him and I rooted for him. Alex's decision to become a pediatric surgeon is a perfect fit for him. He understands kids and really wants the best for the child, he never was that great with adult patients, he always thought poorly of the adults and still does if you look at how he interacts with the parents of his patients.

Amelia I'm not her biggest fan. She doesn't really take away or give anything to the show anything either imo

Maggie I am on the fence with her. She is kinda blah and she whines a lot.

Christina I MISS HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE COME BACK 

Miranda I love her character and I glad they made her chief of surgery! Her husband is gorgeous, I glad the writers gave her a good looking husband, I think it show that it isn't about your looks its about your personality and you shouldn't be matched just because you both are 10's and perfect. I think Miranda is a beautiful women and Ben is a HOTTIE. They are a good match

Weber I would like to see more story line between Maggie and him. He's a great character brings a calm over Meredith. 

I guess i had a lot to say!!

Edited by Diggingupdirt
riffles
  • Upvote 1

Today is the day! Jesse Williams and Sarah Drew have been tweeting "Japril the Movie" referring to this episode! I'm so excited!  In my heart, I think it's gonna be a good episode aka I think they are going to stay together.  If they break up... then idk anymore :(((((

@Diggingupdirt I agree with you about Maggie.  Would love to see more of a story with her and Richard.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure how I feel about this episode.  I'm mad.  I cried.  Maybe a little hopeful for them? But not if she keeps this a secret.  

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this episode.  I'm mad.  I cried.  Maybe a little hopeful for them? But not if she keeps this a secret.  

Yeah I think she should have told him before they signed the papers....the flashbacks were so cool though, the continuity was amazing. and it was cool to see their wedding!

I'm not great with fundies, but I'm damn great with Grey's. LOL Dare I say it? I CALLED it. Wohoo. :wow:

I don't think she should have told him. If he doesn't want to stay married to her, another child isn't going to just fix that. A child should never be their parents' marriage reparation kit. I think the writers handled this pretty damn well. If Jackson and April really have a chance, they will make it work again with a fresh start and the new baby, but they didn't use the kid to fix something that can't be fixed. 

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 1

I discovered Grey's in the middle of season two, the bomb squad episodes. I was hooked immediately, and backtracked through the dvd sets to catch up. I've been a loyal fan ever since. Now, I work on Thursday nights until around 10, so I have to dvr it. I'm going to curl up and watch tonight's episode in a few minutes. (I'm not worried about spoilers, nothing surprises me with Grey's anymore!)

I'm lukewarm about Japril. Honestly, I can take or leave them.

I adore Alex, but I wish he and Jo would figure their shit out. 

I kinda miss Callie and Arizona together.

I miss Yang so. damn. much. It didn't seem right that she wasn't there for Mer for the last two huge issues in her life. 

Miranda Bailey is badass. Enough said.

I miss George, Lexi, and Mark. I even miss Izzy a little bit, but hate the way she was written off. I wanted to love Izzy forever, but they made me hate her.

I'm trying to give Penny a chance, but it's not easy. 
And for cryin' out loud, let Mer have a little bit of peace in her life! I get that this is a drama, but damn! Stop torturing her, universe!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Pretzel said:

I'm not great with fundies, but I'm damn great with Grey's. LOL Dare I say it? I CALLED it. Wohoo. :wow:

I don't think she should have told him. If he doesn't want to stay married to her, another child isn't going to just fix that. A child should never be their parents' marriage reparation kit. I think the writers handled this pretty damn well. If Jackson and April really have a chance, they will make it work again with a fresh start and the new baby, but they didn't use the kid to fix something that can't be fixed. 

I agree that the baby shouldn't be a band-aid to fix the relationship, but I feel like if I was Jackson I'd want to know all the relevant info when making a decision like that. Not that it would or should have changed the outcome, but it is a big change in circumstance. It just seems (to me) a bit unfair that she knew at that point but he didn't.

Also am I the only one who thinks Callie and Penny have zero chemistry? They just don't seem very into each other...

Edited by Yes, TOTALLY
another thought
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Yes, TOTALLY said:

Also am I the only one who thinks Callie and Penny have zero chemistry? They just don't seem very into each other...

No you are not the only one!!! Penny and Callie have absolutely no chemistry together. 

I'd rather Callie was back with Arizona, at least they had chemistry and were believable. Penny is growing on me a little as a character but she seems really flat in scenes with Callie.

• Upvote 2

I read an interview Sarah Drew (who plays April) did with TV guide or something, and she hints at the idea that April might have found out she was pregnant after she signed the papers.  Because all she says is that she found out in the morning, so theoretically, she could have signed the papers at 9 am and took the pregnancy test at 10.  But, idk, something in the way she asked "is this what you really want?" made me feel like she already knew.  

I see what you are saying about the baby being the band aid.  But its kind of weird, for this couple, dont you think? I mean, way back when, remember when April had a pregnancy scare, and Jackson said he would marry  her.  Then, the death of Samuel.  Now a secret pregnancy (at least for now?).  Also, I think Jackson does want to be a dad, based off the way he wanted to marry April the first time, and the way he grieved for Samuel.  So I think she needs to eventually tell him.  But now that they are divorced, I just don't see how they can recover from that.  Especially April, since it was such a big deal for her to sign.

Another thing Sarah Drew said is that April makes decisions surrounding this pregnancy that might not be common decisions... or that we might not agree with.  I wonder what that refers to.

• Upvote 2

This week's episode was very meh.  I got sad with the references to Derek, but other than that it gave me nothing.  Thoughts?

^ I found it kind of boring. We did find out exactly what the beef is between Owen and Riggs and I found it kind of underwhelming. Riggs annoys me cause the actor that plays him is from NZ (I am too) but must have been living overseas for a long time cause his accent is weird. He sort of slips from NZ to American and back. I'm not sure where he's meant to be from on the show that he's not pulling off Kiwi or American to me.

The flashbacks of Derrick really didn't do anything for me either. I really don't know if i was suppose to be sad and I'm a heartless bitch or if it just wasn't that sad to me. I could have come up with a better scenes to use than that but whatever. The patient remembering Meredith was weird to me too. 

I dying to find out what is going to happen between April and Jackson once he finds out they are having a baby. I want them to get together as stated in my previous posts. But, I know people shouldn't be together just because they are having a baby. But, they are so good together IMO and I didn't want them to get a divorce in the 1st place. I think Jackson is going to make a great father. We will only see that for a few episodes then they will talk about the baby and we will hardly ever see the baby. 

I like to call the kids of grey's the ghost children they are always talked about but rarely seen (Tuck, Sofia, Zola, Bailey and Ellis) I think out of all the kids we have seen Zola the most. 

• Upvote 3

^ I forget that Ellis exists all the time. I think it's weird that Meredith has three children and they yet we barely ever see them. At least when she just had Zola we would see her taking her to day care and putting her to bed and stuff.

I think they probably will eventually get Japril back together, otherwise there probably wouldn't be a pregnancy, they would have just had them be done.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Yes, TOTALLY said:

I think they probably will eventually get Japril back together, otherwise there probably wouldn't be a pregnancy, they would have just had them be done.

I agree they are getting back together as long as they don't "kill" this baby off too. But, I think even for grey's that would be too much. But, I have been wrong before.

I know I know that this is a TV show but i was wondering once i made the comment about Samuel dying, in the real world what would be their chances of having another baby born with OI. So here is the answer just in case anyone else was wondering. 

When a child has recessive OI, there is a 25 percent chance per pregnancy that the parents will have another child with OI. Siblings of a person with a recessive form of OI have a 50 percent chance of being a carrier of the recessive gene oif.org/site/PageServer?pagename=fastfacts

sorry if i didn't break the link properly

Edited by Diggingupdirt
  • Upvote 2

That is really interesting about the OI. I could see them doing a Jackson wants to test for it, April wants to leave it up to the Lord type story-line, with the baby eventually being healthy.

Although with grey's you really do never know, I thought for sure Derek wouldn't be dead (there was a fan theory for a while that there'd be a twist and he would still be alive) but that happened.

Edited by Yes, TOTALLY
a word

Did anyone else find this weeks episode disappointing?

I thought it was kinda boring. There is so much other stuff I need to know like when is Jackson going to find out April is pregnant. I just feel like this episode was a filler and other than Meredith maybe finding a new man it was kinda blah

Edited by choralcrusader8613
tapa sig
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, it was definitely a filler episode.  I like Callie, though, so I enjoyed watching her be spotlighted a little bit this week.  And *swoon* with everyone talking about how hot Jackson is, and actually seeing him smile finally!

The promo for next week has me scared.  I wonder if Jackson actually goes out with someone?  Also, it looks like Jo is finally gonna stick up for herself against Meredith, which is good.  

• Upvote 1