IGNORED

Lady Lydia Videos

formergothardite

8 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Lady Lydia has started making videos about how to live like she does. She has a whole video practically devoted to the Victoria magazine. She used it for her homeschooling. They were just amazed when the magazine came out because it was printed on nice paper and had a page that showed a painting. They had never seen anything like that. The magazine also had houses with floor plans which they just loved. It seems like a lot of her homeschooling revolved around these magazines and trying to live like people did back in the "old days". 

She has six videos up, but I haven't watched them all. They are on the boring side. 

How did she film this with a mirror???

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, let's DO emulate living life a it was in the "good old days," shall we?  I would LOVE to sweat like a pig wearing petticoats and long sleeves in the summertime.  Of course, I could refresh myself by taking a bath in the same tub and water the head of the house had just bathed in...for the first time in a week.  How enjoyable it would be to wear a tight corset all day long while breathing in the secondhand cigarette/cigar/pipe smoke that filled every room of the unairconditioned house.  And the smells of BO wafting past my nose!  Ahhhh!  And wouldn't be all kinds of quaint fun to get up in the middle of the night, bladder bursting at the seams, trying to squat over a chamber pot with precise aim?

...but I think it is very telling about our morals and values when we allow our women to trapse about in nothing but garments that would have been underwear a hundred years ago. What a sight we are presenting to the overseas telly-viewers. I'm so embarrassed that these scenes are perceived by Europeans who look up to our country and admire us, as representative of us!

I get the feeling someone has never been to Europe...

Her latest post on Feb 9th is all about afternoon tea, and how to do tea properly. Apparently, if you like your tea sweetened with honey, she says, that's really not the right thing to do, unless in the comfort of your own home when you can do as you wish.

But then, she says: 

For adults, however, the tea must be hot, so be sure to bring the kettle of water on the stove to a boil before pouring it over the tea bag in the teapot.

No, no, no! One simply does not use a teabag in a pot when making ones tea! OMG! My grandma would be shocked!

Only the best fine tea leaves in the blend one prefers should be used. The general rule for quantity is one teaspoon of tea per person, and one for the pot. A silver strainer is then put over the cup when the tea is poured from the pot, after a few minutes to let the tea "draw", to catch the leaves before they go in your teacup.

Seriously though, if you're going to be a stickler for doing things properly the old way, you don't use freaking teabags!

I just bored myself witless with all that - I don't know how she manages to waft through life the way she does.. Zzzz...

Even if you are going to go for the shortcut and use bagged tea... the teabag, singular? For multiple people? That's going to be some pretty weak tea.

Has she ever actually done this? Or is her advice purely theoretical?

Dear lady Lydia,

I am sure you'd really impress us Europeans. Unfortunately Carnival just ended,  you'll have to wait for next year. Should you ever visit Italy I'd advice you to come on January the 6th, when people would be ready to greet you as you deserve. Beware though, stay away from fires!

Yours sincerely

an European

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

Even if you are going to go for the shortcut and use bagged tea... the teabag, singular? For multiple people? That's going to be some pretty weak tea.

Has she ever actually done this? Or is her advice purely theoretical?

She once served "berry tea" to a guest which was just hot water poured over like two blueberries. Then there is her famous raindrop tea that seems to be just setting a tea cup outside to catch rain and calling it tea. 

In one of her videos she talks about how they used to have so much fun writing down all the things they owned and making lists about them. I wonder if this actually happened because it sounds like something she just made up. 

7 hours ago, DaffyDill said:

Her latest post on Feb 9th is all about afternoon tea, and how to do tea properly. Apparently, if you like your tea sweetened with honey, she says, that's really not the right thing to do, unless in the comfort of your own home when you can do as you wish.

But then, she says: 

No, no, no! One simply does not use a teabag in a pot when making ones tea! OMG! My grandma would be shocked!

Only the best fine tea leaves in the blend one prefers should be used. The general rule for quantity is one teaspoon of tea per person, and one for the pot. A silver strainer is then put over the cup when the tea is poured from the pot, after a few minutes to let the tea "draw", to catch the leaves before they go in your teacup.

Seriously though, if you're going to be a stickler for doing things properly the old way, you don't use freaking teabags!

I just bored myself witless with all that - I don't know how she manages to waft through life the way she does.. Zzzz...

Based on what i learned from a friend who owned a tea company for a while it also depends on the tea leavws as to how hot the wayer should be and boililng hot water is not always recommended for the best tea.  But remember this is a woman who puts hot water over berries and calls it tea.

Okayyyy, think I took a wrong turn somewhere, I'm going to very slowly back out of the room now.  Crazy lady, this Europeans first thought about Hurricane Katrina was to hope as many people as possible got to safety, not about what they were wearing, seriously what is wrong with her?

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

She once served "berry tea" to a guest which was just hot water poured over like two blueberries. Then there is her famous raindrop tea that seems to be just setting a tea cup outside to catch rain and calling it tea. 

In one of her videos she talks about how they used to have so much fun writing down all the things they owned and making lists about them. I wonder if this actually happened because it sounds like something she just made up. 

:pb_lol: I can't stop laughing at everything in this quote. Berry tea, raindrop tea, and Lady Lydia making up that she would make lists of everything she owned. 

8 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

:pb_lol: I can't stop laughing at everything in this quote. Berry tea, raindrop tea, and Lady Lydia making up that she would make lists of everything she owned. 

Those things may be fun with my 10 year old. 

Can you imagine Lydia in England? I imagine she would hear the 'c' word more than once, and she wouldn't recognize it when people were making fun of her.

54 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

I am quite certain if Lady Lydia visited England she wouldn't recognize the place. Lol.

It's all like "Downton Abbey" and Jane Austen, doncha know? ;)

On her tea video, she quotes the Bible about hospitality.  I highly doubt that first-century Christians were sitting around having dainty tea parties and calling it hospitality.  Providing hospitality in the first century was about providing a safe place to rest.  Traveling was hard and precarious and very dirty.  Opening one's home meant providing food and lodging,  even when one may not have had much to spare.  It was NOT about having prissy tea parties and clanking spoons.  

For some reason, I imagined Lady Lydia to sound more like Verna Felton (she voiced the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella, but I was more thinking of her role in Lady and the Tramp as the pompous Aunt Sarah). Oh well... regardless of what she sounds like she holds some horrible views. 

1 hour ago, Grimalkin said:

Those things may be fun with my 10 year old. 

Can you imagine Lydia in England? I imagine she would hear the 'c' word more than once, and she wouldn't recognize it when people were making fun of her.

Raindrop tea sounds like the perfect compliment to mud pies.  A kid would find that heavenly!

"Another rabbit hole," indeed! She's like Hyacinth Bucket (that's pronounced "Bouquet...") on hallucinogenics. :pb_lol:

I really, really wish I could find the picture she once posted posing in her handmade "Victorian" bathing suit. She took it down. Lady Lydia is a whole other level of crazy compared to average fundies. 

Gee, I discovered Smithsonian sometime in the 70s. It was printed on nice paper. It had beautiful pictures. I still receive it. I bet I've learned much more from Smithsonian than LL has ever learned from Victoria. What the hell.

27 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Raindrop tea sounds like the perfect compliment to mud pies.  A kid would find that heavenly!

I would go crazy and make fairy bread.

what happened to all the acid rain we used to hear about when I was a kid?

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I really, really wish I could find the picture she once posted posing in her handmade "Victorian" bathing suit. She took it down. Lady Lydia is a whole other level of crazy compared to average fundies. 

I enjoyed the time that she "spruced up" her NEIGHBOR's broken truck because she didn't like the way it looked.  I'm sure her neighbor was just SO GRATEFUL to find that someone had installed pink, lacy curtains in their vehicle and put up a tea table right next to it.  

Lydia reminds me of my grandma in her aesthetic taste. Not in any other way though. Staying home and preaching about how women should dress? My gram wasn't about that life. 

LL also wrote about "foggy tea", but I can't remember what it was.

I am waiting for the Youtube video about her homemade clothes. Especially the white fleece wrap coat that she made and proudly posed in. If I saw a little old lady walking around outside in that, I'd assume that she had walked away from the local assisted living facility for persons with dementia and would call the police and try to ask her if she remembers her name, so we can take her home.

It's really a pity.  LL is so obviously bored and unfulfilled without her children, and the lack of stimulation is certainly showing in her mental state.  She DOES have some nice skills...why not volunteer?  She could sew blankets/clothes for charity or teach etiquette classes at a community center.  I know a woman who volunteered going around to underprivileged schools/daycares holding various "parties" as a way to familiarize kids who may not get frequent sit down dinners at home with basic table manners. 

Honestly, ANYTHING is more productive than truck decorating!

Archived