IGNORED

Josh Duggar part 12 - Everyone has unclean hands...Go wash!

HerNameIsBuffy

9 minutes ago, tumblr said:

I think it will likely be one of the one who was raised mostly by a Sister Mom, probably someone under Jason. I would love it if Jackson and Johannah cowrote it but it does seem a bit unlikely that two of them would choose to sever all ties in such a public way. 

Generally I think as we see more pass the age of 18 we will see more Duggars go Fundie Lite or plain old Conservative with only one really truly all out rebelling.

That's also what I think might happen, and one way people will know they've gone at least fundie-lite is that they'll have fewer children spaced farther apart than their sperm and egg donor did. They might even wait longer than a year before having their first child, instead of having a baby before their first wedding anniversary.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Flyinthesoup said:

I honestly do not believe Josh will change to the 'cult way' of thinking.  He may outwardly show that he is, but I do not believe he is capable of changing, at this time.  He needs honest, secular counseling, to have a hope of a chance to find true peace and happiness.  It's *possible*, to my thinking, that if Anna made some changes in her way of thinking, there could be a chance at a modestly happy marriage.  It will be work and Josh just might go for it, if they could get out of the poison.  Just my speculations ;)

Depends on how they really feel about each other.  Not how they are led by Jesus to feel about their help meet or head sheep...but how they really feel about each other as people.

And I'm not even going to speculate as I have absolutely no idea...but if there was a solid bond between them as people there is always a chance...people are able to get over things in marriages that I never could so wouldn't surprise me.

If they were never "the one" for each other - both sides...then honestly they could put together what looks like a moderately happy marriage but if you're forever yoked to someone who isn't the one you'd have chosen for yourself I don't know how happy  anyone could be.  Marriage is hard enough when you have that.  

No way to know from here what kind of real feelings either one of them have when you strip away the cult, the obligations, what other people think, the rules.  If they took away all the external stuff are they left with the person they truly want to be waking up next to every morning?  and that's a question only they can answer.

So yesterday I watched the old episode of Friends where Ross & Rachel are on a break and he sleeps with someone else. It made me think of Josh and Anna when Ross tells Rachel "you can have the last piece of pizza," and she says "well I should think so, you slept with someone." I am sure that Anna will attempt full forgiveness, but I can imagine her holding it over his head from time to time. I mean she's fundie but still human, right? 

If they do divorce, I also think it will be Josh initiating it, and I imagine he'll try to make like it's for her sake because she deserves better, but really he'll just be done with all of it.

Can't you just see it now?  The new TLC program called "Breaking Duggar," starring Josh as he struggles to find a life for himself in the secular world, dealing with single dadship, trying to reconcile the relationship he wants to have with the one he was forced into.  His struggles to just be a normal guy as he faces a lifetime of abuse.  It'd be brilliant and groundbreaking in showing how men can be abuse victims.  

No disrespect intended.  Men often are victims, ie Mr Furbabies.

Having a little party with myself for finally catching up with this thread after trying since Thursday! :my_biggrin:

As much as I would love to see a show surrounding a Duggar kidult breaking free and navigating the terrors of summer fashion and a glass of wine with dinner, I can't help but think what's most realistic is a pathetically triumphant return of Josh to reality TV. The TLC producers clearly had no qualms about bringing back Michelle and JB (and as underhandedly as it gets), so I wouldn't be surprised if we're seeing Joshley on 6 Grandduggars and Counting sometime in 2016.

1 hour ago, FundiesInParis said:

Honestly, I'm hoping for a tell all. 

Josh is a skeezy bastard, but I'd still read it.

Fingers crossed for that. I would read the hell out of it. 

3 hours ago, tumblr said:

I am honestly starting to think Josh will be the one to break free. Not right away but I can see him realizing he has no job prospects and is stuck in a marriage with a woman he doesn't love under a much tighter string and in a year or so just saying to hell with it all.

I think it's very possible as well.  The only thing is how much financial control JB has over him.  JB has hobbled those kids.  The only way they know how to make money is by putting on a show.  If he is going to escape he's going to need to figure out how to support himself and I'm not sure he can.

its going to be an interesting year ahead, watching which way this goes.

1 hour ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I don't think that in would be in Josh's best interest to have any sort of job where he would be exposed to the public. I'm sure he got death threats when Joshgate 1.0 hit, and he will probably get verbal abuse just walking down the street. Assuming he wants to stay part of Duggar, Inc., he should have an administrative position that doesn't involve him being seen much. The leghumpers might forgive all, but many people won't.

I'm inclined to agree.  I'm pretty sure that Jim Bob will want to keep Josh relatively invisible, to try to salvage what he can of the family's reputation and marketability.  I think Josh will initially be assigned as Ben's underling, then will be tucked away at Big Sandy or an overseas mission.  He'll have basic employment, with the assurance that Daddy won't let his family starve, as long as he (Josh) stays quiet and out of trouble.

I think Josh will come home, try to be the faithful husband and fail miserably. He will eventually just disappear one day. It wouldn't surprise me if he turns up as a bartender at some swim up bar in the Caribbean somewhere. He may never divorce Anna....just disappear, pay her a minimal sum and she will raise her kids under JB's umbrella and sweetly wait for her wayward husband to show back up.

I also think that whether Josh leaves or not will depend mostly on his financial situation. I always got the impression that he didn't believe what his parents are selling--he always sounded a bit disdainful of he's family's made-for-tv quirks. Even if his own finances aren't that big of a motivation, he might feel some obligation to not take any more chances with his parents' and siblings ability to get that TLC/People money. 

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If he gets one in the cult will it be based on lecturing of his path back from Satan's Ice Capades...or whatever the expression was?

:you-rock::cracking-up:  This is so much better than Satan's Secret Fortress or whatever the heck it was.

6 hours ago, tumblr said:

I am honestly starting to think Josh will be the one to break free. Not right away but I can see him realizing he has no job prospects and is stuck in a marriage with a woman he doesn't love under a much tighter string and in a year or so just saying to hell with it all.

I've been wondering if Josh's extended stay is because he doesn't want to stay in the cult.  I think he wants to be fundie lite, but not this gothardite bs that has been shoved down his throat his whole life. 

17 minutes ago, sj3339sta said:

Well, looks like he can prove that he was not in the area where she said it took place when it took place.  Not much more you can say for that.

7 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Well, looks like he can prove that he was not in the area where she said it took place when it took place.  Not much more you can say for that.

That assumes this news source has more information than others.  That could be, or it could be sloppy reporting.  Just sayin'.  I mean, the media also reported that Duggar admitted to having rough sex with Dillon (which he has not admitted at all).

@Georgiana - I didn't realize that was the Associated Press.  They may well have lots more information than other news sources.  Sorry - I had not noticed that earlier when I read the link.

6 minutes ago, sj3339sta said:

It looks like the Philly local news channels are reporting it and it is trending on FB.

Yeah - this may be wrong and just my own personal bias, but I don't think it is likely that the AP would phrase it like that unless they were pretty much sure that he had clear and convincing evidence he was not there.  In my mind that confirms it.  

I am not aware we saw such a definitive statement earlier that Joshley had evidence he wasn't in Philly at the named dates. So, AP got this information, apparently, and I do not  understand how it took so long for resolution. I guess the process has to be gone through legally and that is the reason. Looks like she lied. How very strange. 

The way I have read several reports makes it seem that Josh's Legal Team submitted evidence that shows beyond a reasonable doubt that Josh was not in Philadelphia when she claimed the assault took place.  Dillon's lawyers, upon reviewing the evidence, advised her to drop her suit as it was now very unlikely she would be successful in her case.  

I'm not sure how Philly is, but in most cases in WA, it is fairly easy to see a record of the evidence submitted usually with a summary/descriptor, but getting access to the actual submitted item itself is much harder.  This may be why they are not specifying what was submitted as evidence.   

Well now that this is trending on Facebook, she's making Josh look as rosy and angelic as ever. Just look at the majority of the comments that are about supporting him now. Congratulations, Danica, you have now just made Josh Duggar's a** look sweeter than Mother Theresa. This exactly what TLC needed.

5 hours ago, gustava said:

What other reality "stars" have written tell-alls?

I love a challenge 

Snooki

Betheny Frankel

Travis Stork 

Duck Dynasty 

Brandi Glanville 

Trisha Sutter

Theresa Giudice

Lauren Conrad

Kris Jenner

I sincerely hope TLC does NOT get the brilliant idea of "let's make a show about Josh and his family rebuilding after SUCH a trying time......" I'll just scream.

52 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Well now that this is trending on Facebook, she's making Josh look as rosy and angelic as ever. Just look at the majority of the comments that are about supporting him now. Congratulations, Danica, you have now just made Josh Duggar's a** look sweeter than Mother Theresa. This exactly what TLC needed.

But is he "sweet" enough to bring back on TV or be seen in public with the rest of the family? I wonder about that. Just because he didn't assault Danica doesn't mean that he didn't molest five girls and spend money to cheat rather than on his growing quiver, both of which he did admit too, albeit among a lot of Jesus talk. A lot of leghumpers justify bringing back the show by saying that the other Duggars shouldn't be punished by Josh's misdeeds, which is an implicit admission that what Josh did should excuse him from further appearances. It's one thing for Jimmy Swaggart to continue his public career after being repeatedly caught with adult prostitutes, quite another thing for Josh to continue the Duggar "ministry" after admitting to molesting his sisters, one of whom was five. A Josh redemption show would be difficult if not impossible to pull off successfully for TLC, especially if he falls off the "redemption wagon" with another scandal or just decides he's tired of Anna and his family. Even if he did "stay sweet," he's a reminder of how how dysfunctional the Duggars are. If he's out of the picture (or at least, off camera), the "wholesome Christian family" facade can at least be maintained somewhat.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived