IGNORED

There is another Jinger in this world!!!

herpderp

Her name is Jinger Jarrett and she writes for the Inquisitr. I was reading an article about coconut oil, of all things, when I spotted her name in the byline. 

8 hours ago, herpderp said:

Her name is Jinger Jarrett and she writes for the Inquisitr. I was reading an article about coconut oil, of all things, when I spotted her name in the byline. 

Shall we go "free" her now?  ;)

6 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Shall we go "free" her now?  ;)

Now that actually did make me LOL!!!!

Visions of her face when a horde of frantic, avid strangers descend on the poor woman announcing they're here:dramallama-nanner: to free her...snort! 

Is it pronounced the same?  Jinger Duggar pronounces her name like Ginger, but most people read it and think it rhymes with singer.  

3 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Is it pronounced the same?  Jinger Duggar pronounces her name like Ginger, but most people read it and think it rhymes with singer.  

I can't imagine it's pronounced to rhyme with singer. Do people really think that? 

8 minutes ago, withaj said:

I can't imagine it's pronounced to rhyme with singer. Do people really think that? 

I've read the comments on many Duggar articles on mainstream news sites (there's been a lot in the last year due to the scandals) and there's inevitably one that comments on Jinger's name and there's an assumption that it rhymes with singer.  

I've never heard anyone thing that Jinger is pronounced like singer... I can't even figure out how you'd think that. It's just... awkward to say or think...

3 minutes ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

I've never heard anyone thing that Jinger is pronounced like singer... I can't even figure out how you'd think that. It's just... awkward to say or think...

umm I thought that. Yes it's awkward but not more so than thinking 'someone misspelled ginger jinger'.

3 minutes ago, OnceUponATime said:

umm I thought that. Yes it's awkward but not more so than thinking 'someone misspelled ginger jinger'.

Eh, that's actually not that awkward compared to the really weird spellings I've seen on children. I've known someone who spelled Eric Nate Kingston as Eighrich Natz Keengstun.

1 minute ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

Eh, that's actually not that awkward compared to the really weird spellings I've seen on children. I've known someone who spelled Eric Nate Kingston as Eighrich Natz Keengstun.

it might also be because i think i used the 'ng' sound from singer more than the I use 'n-ger'. I might be wrong though. Actually it probably all has to do with how I'm terrible at pronouncing anything. It took me years to learn how to pronounce unique properly. I'll leave you to guess how I was saying it :P

Is Eighrich gaelic or some similar language? I remember having a classmate called siobhan and having no clue how I was meant to say that one until i heard it a few times.

11 minutes ago, OnceUponATime said:

it might also be because i think i used the 'ng' sound from singer more than the I use 'n-ger'. I might be wrong though. Actually it probably all has to do with how I'm terrible at pronouncing anything. It took me years to learn how to pronounce unique properly. I'll leave you to guess how I was saying it :P

Is Eighrich gaelic or some similar language? I remember having a classmate called siobhan and having no clue how I was meant to say that one until i heard it a few times.

Nope. They just wanted to be "unique."

I'm a gen Xer and I went to school, in two different states with girls named Jinger.... with a J.   Also several with a G....We were born in the early 70s...I just figured some parents didn't want to name their daughter precisely after a spice, while others were okay with it. 

BTW in the three years I knew one girl and the five years I knew the other, I never heard anyone pronounce their name any way but Ginger,  no singer rhymes.  Even teachers on the first day got it as Jinger (Ginger) first try.  We lived in urban areas as well, so our schools had 100s of kids,  they did not already know them. 

From baby name wizard.com

Jinger 

Pronunciation: JIN-jer (key)

Origin of the name Ginger:

Originally a nickname for someone with red hair, Ginger is now sometimes used as a diminutive form of Virginia (spring-like, flourishing). Var: Gynger, Jinjer. Pet: Ginni, Ginnie, Ginny, Jinnie.

P.S. after reading this above... really glad they didn't name her Jynger....never knew Gynger was an alternate spelling ...or Jinjer....

9 hours ago, withaj said:

That's how my son pronounces it when he reads the name of the forum, lol... but he's 8, and he see's that it's spelled the same as singer :)

My husband reads it as rhyming with ringer (I hadn't thought of singer, same thing...) He used to ask.. "What's new on Free jing-er?" Quite the joke... (I know.. You had to be there...)

Isn't there a member called JingersRealMom or something on here, and her daughter is named Jinger? Or am I imagining that?

30 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

Isn't there a member called JingersRealMom or something on here, and her daughter is named Jinger? Or am I imagining that?

She's definitely a member but I don't know her background, just that she exists. 

Yes. Meredith Vierra was going thorugh the DUggar kid names and said Jinger like singer.

Two of the Inquisitor writers got outed as Duggar fans but I dont think JJ is one.

Archived