IGNORED

Lori Alexander - Still Not Learning A Thing, Part 5

Lori

"Did you not read my post? Repentance is turning from our sin and turning to Christ. It is becoming a new creature in Christ who is righteous and freed from sin. We are now called saints and have eternal life. Being sorry for what you said or did is not the repentance that the Bible speaks about. I mentioned what you are talking about in the post: "If we sin against someone, we quickly apologize to them and ask for forgiveness {Matthew 5:23}. If we have a sin in our life, we confess it to others and pray we'll be healed from it {James 5:16}."

Ken must have told Lori FJ thought the bolded was rude as it is not part of that response any longer.  I don't think either of them would figure that out for themselves.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Lori

"Did you not read my post? Repentance is turning from our sin and turning to Christ. It is becoming a new creature in Christ who is righteous and freed from sin. We are now called saints and have eternal life. Being sorry for what you said or did is not the repentance that the Bible speaks about. I mentioned what you are talking about in the post: "If we sin against someone, we quickly apologize to them and ask for forgiveness {Matthew 5:23}. If we have a sin in our life, we confess it to others and pray we'll be healed from it {James 5:16}."

Ken must have told Lori FJ thought the bolded was rude as it is not part of that response any longer.  I don't think either of them would figure that out for themselves.

They're welcome :kitty-wink:

24 minutes ago, OnceUponATime said:

To Lori's:

I raise her this: (Hebrews 10)

I actually would like to see her tackle that passage - What does it mean Lori/Ken?

It clearly states that Lori is right. She's the Godly Mentor! She can't be wrong. If you think that the Bible says so then you must have some reading comprehension problem. Didn't you read her post? *sarcasm, lots of it

I think Lori means that she can be as mean as she wants and never have to say "I'm sorry" because she's "saved."  Take the first comment, for example.  She responded in a very rude way and then, once FJ pointed out how rude it was, she simply removed some words with no explanation.   A decent person would have written..."My response came across more harshly than I intended.  I'm sorry about that." She has absolutely no concept of social interaction and common courtesy.  It is actually quite frightening if Ken is the one who sets the guidelines of etiquette in that house. 

Also, perhaps "Clearly did NOT read Lori's post" could be a post count title.   

4 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I think Lori means that she can be as mean as she wants and never have to say "I'm sorry" because she's "saved."  Take the first comment, for example.  She responded in a very rude way and then, once FJ pointed out how rude it was, she simply removed some words with no explanation.   A decent person would have written..."My response came across more harshly than I intended.  I'm sorry about that." She has absolutely no concept of social interaction and common courtesy.  It is actually quite frightening if Ken is the one who sets the guidelines of etiquette in that house. 

Also, perhaps "Clearly did NOT read Lori's post" could be a post count title.   

Or "I am mean, cruel, ignorant and evil, but I am saved because I said so".

I am betting on Ken jumping in to clear things up as only he can do with his concise, thoughtful biblical insights.

/sarc

17 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I think Lori means that she can be as mean as she wants and never have to say "I'm sorry" because she's "saved."  

Yep.  I think this comment summed it up:

Lori

I don't want to "continuously repent of our selfish and ungodly desires."

She doesn't want to repent, therefore The God of the Universe says she doesn't have to.  So there!  

7 minutes ago, Florita said:

I am betting on Ken jumping in to clear things up as only he can do with his concise, thoughtful biblical insights.

/sarc

What do you think?  A minimum of 3 comments, right?  Being that not one single person has agreed with The Godly Monster, Ken should be riding in on The Horse of TRUTH! any minute now.

But she no longer even has anything to repent about because she is not under the law! I'm guessing the law that no longer counts (except in regards to spanking) also includes "and the greatest commandment of these is love"

I wish Lori would only post once a week. There is no way people get a chance to study her wise wisdom before she bombards them with the next.

So, if Lori had friends in real life, I keep wondering what a ladies lunch would be like with her. 

Lori begins telling a story...."So...Ryan was spanking Emma...."

One of her "friends" patiently waits until the story ends and says "No offense, but we never believed in spanking."

Lori: "Did you not LISTEN to my story?!? Geesh,  Marjorie, you're always the one person in the group who has to throw in a red herring.  You're such a detractor!"

Marjorie:  "Waiter, may I please have the wine list?"

*other friends gulp tequila....*

And.....scene!

Anon M · 15 minutes ago

Hi Lori,
THANKYOU for explaining this. I completely agree. I don't ask God to forgive me when I slip up. Why ask forgiveness when you have already been forgiven thru the shed blood of Christ? You are effectively asking forgiveness for something that's the Lord has already erased. Too many times I have heard Christians say they had to repent and ask the Lords forgiveness when they slipped up. Ugh! Instead, I thank God for being merciful and paying the price for me, and still loving me even when I slip up. To continually ask forgiveness from the Lord devalues the purpose of the cross. To do so one must assume that God hasn't given your forgiveness for that sin yet and you have to ask for it. That's works. It's sad that Christians don't get it.

Lori Alexander 119p · 6 minutes ago

No, thank you, Anon M, for understanding what I was trying to get across! It is so freeing and yet so many Christians are stuck in their sins as if Jesus' sacrifice wasn't enough for them.

:pb_surprised:

50 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

:pb_surprised:

Straight up heresy. Still no Ken doing damage control....

Lori's logic is that women need to repent if they gain a few pounds, but lying, cheating, stealing and gossiping? Naw, God's cool with that. Yikes.

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

So, if Lori had friends in real life, I keep wondering what a ladies lunch would be like with her. 

Lori begins telling a story...."So...Ryan was spanking Emma...."

One of her "friends" patiently waits until the story ends and says "No offense, but we never believed in spanking."

Lori: "Did you not LISTEN to my story?!? Geesh,  Marjorie, you're always the one person in the group who has to throw in a red herring.  You're such a detractor!"

Marjorie:  "Waiter, may I please have the wine list?"

*other friends gulp tequila....*

And.....scene!

And then she'd post on her blog about a friend, maybe call her "M", who didn't believe in spanking.  Lori would claim  M's children turned out so bad that M drinks wine at lunch to hide her shame.

16 minutes ago, kpmom said:

And then she'd post on her blog about a friend, maybe call her "M", who didn't believe in spanking.  Lori would claim  M's children turned out so bad that M drinks wine at lunch to hide her shame.

I don't spank (or pinch, blanket train, slap, hit, almost break arms, etc.). And yet somehow, magically, one of my kids was recently honored by his school for his character.

Magic, I tell you. Clearly the work of Satan.

2 hours ago, Florita said:

Lori's logic is that women need to repent if they gain a few pounds, but lying, cheating, stealing and gossiping? Naw, God's cool with that. Yikes.

Pretty damn close:

As our daughters got older, if we thought they were gaining weight, we would talk to them about it.  I know this is supposedly a "taboo" subject but we felt no subject was "taboo" with our children.  If we saw any sin in their lives, we would talk to them about it.

And:

When you see your children overeating or gaining weight, are you allowed to talk to them about it?   I would venture to say that most parents think it is wrong to say anthing to them.  They can confront their children if they are lying, stealing, cheating, etc. but if they eat too much, they aren't allowed to confront them with this issue.

Ken and I disagreed with this philosophy.  If we saw our children doing anything that we thought was harmful or against Scripture, we talked to them about it.

Many will say that this will lead to eating disorders in women.

Coincidentally, both of Lori's daughters struggled with body image issues/ disordered thinking regarding food.  One went as far as to say she was bordering on anorexia.  Of course Lori doesn't mention that to her readers.  Then they might not be so fast to take her advice.

Has Lori ever had this many people express their disagreement with her (in comments that she doesn't end up deleting, that is)? I imagine she is sitting staring at her computer confused as to why her usual readers are blind to her brilliant theological insight. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Pretty damn close:

And:

Coincidentally, both of Lori's daughters struggled with body image issues/ disordered thinking regarding food.  One went as far as to say she was bordering on anorexia.  Of course Lori doesn't mention that to her readers.  Then they might not be so fast to take her advice.

And this one: Can You Lose Weight Without Accountability, January 13, 2015

We are never called to be an island by ourselves. The Bible commands that we confess our sins to one another and pray for each other for a reason. This helps hold us accountable.Therefore, if you battle weight, don't be afraid to be held accountable by your husband or by Weight Watchers.

I owe Lori a big Thank You.  She taught me about patience and understanding.  My son plays on a 12 and under indoor soccer league.  At his game a player on the opposing team BIT my son.  The impression was deep enough an orthodontist could have made a retainer out of the bite marks.  

My first instinct was to have a meltdown on the coach, the kid, and the parents but I didn't.  In the back of my head, I was thinking about how this would play out on Lori's blog.  I didn't have my special traveling switch in the leather bound case, I could not properly train the other child.  I had to settle for making sure my child didn't need a rabies shot. :my_biggrin:  In the end I spoke calmly (I think) to the adults in charge.

5 hours ago, polecat said:

I don't spank (or pinch, blanket train, slap, hit, almost break arms, etc.). And yet somehow, magically, one of my kids was recently honored by his school for his character.

Magic, I tell you. Clearly the work of Satan.

They haven't turned out well until they are happily married and love Jesus

Anon M is lori's alter ego right?

11 hours ago, Koala said:

Yep.  I think this comment summed it up:

Lori

She doesn't want to repent, therefore The God of the Universe says she doesn't have to.  So there!  

What do you think?  A minimum of 3 comments, right?  Being that not one single person has agreed with The Godly Monster, Ken should be riding in on The Horse of TRUTH! any minute now.

:horse: And in it gallops.

3 comments just for you - damn you are good

Well, just as predicted, Lori quickly ran out of theological gas, and in galloped Ken on his Horse of TRUTH!  No seriously...

Reader:

Hi Lori, thank you for your reply. I do value your opinion very much as I know that you also desire to live by the Lord's truth. I came across this article by John MacArthur, who I know you have mentioned several times. What do you think of what he has to say? 
http://m.oneplace.com/ministries/grace-to-you/rea...

*crickets from The Godly Mentor*

Ken:

Hi Guest, 

I think John MacArthur has his theology in line with much of the church, and I do not disagree with him completely. But he seems to over-emphasize the need for regular confession to God...More Mindless Babble

This is one of those theological issues that one can easily fall of the horse of truth on one side or the other. Most over-emphasize a continual need to keep our relationship right with God...More Mindless Babble

I'll spare you the Mindless Babble parts, but 4 paragraphs later Ken manages to corral the Horse of Truth back in it's stall.  Well, until the next reader replies.  He takes that question too. 

15 hours ago, OnceUponATime said:

But she no longer even has anything to repent about because she is not under the law! I'm guessing the law that no longer counts (except in regards to spanking) also includes "and the greatest commandment of these is love"

I wish Lori would only post once a week. There is no way people get a chance to study her wise wisdom before she bombards them with the next.

Plus by now Lori is practically sin free so nothing to repent from.

Romance is Ken sitting by my hospital bed in ICU for hours on end and even sleeping in the car a few hours to get some much needed sleep. It's being there to tell the nurses that no, she doesn't need a big vial of antibiotics before they even knew what was wrong with me. No, she doesn't need shots in her stomach to prevent blood clots. 

Love is when Ken pretends he's a doctor :pb_rollseyes:

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived