IGNORED

Lori Alexander - Still Not Learning A Thing, Part 5

Lori and Ken still can not quit the internet and continue to babble about nothing.

Continue you discussion and while you are at it, don't forget to employ some GoogleTactics.

Part 1: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26285

Part 2: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26285

Part 3:

Part 4:

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate Sheila taking on Lori and Ken in the comments on her blog, making it crystal clear that there is NO reason to ever strike a baby (in a place where Lori does not have control over the delete button):  http://tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2013/11/weekend-links-winners-cool-stuff/

and http://tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2014/01/what-is-abuse-what-is-not-abuse/#comments

Ken does a lot of pretending to agree.  He'd think that it's a great technique for building consensus, I'd say it is disingenuous and even sounds like gaslighting.  One thing that I love about Sheila is that she calls him on it, politely but firmly saying that NO, she does not agree, and that there's no way that she considers spanking a baby to be up for debate because it is abusive, period.

8 hours ago, Mrsaztx said:

Am I the only one who thinks an equally accurate title of this thread would be "ugh, this bitch..."?

I agree!

8 hours ago, 2xx1xy1JD said:

I appreciate Sheila taking on Lori and Ken in the comments on her blog, making it crystal clear that there is NO reason to ever strike a baby (in a place where Lori does not have control over the delete button):  http://tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2013/11/weekend-links-winners-cool-stuff/

and http://tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2014/01/what-is-abuse-what-is-not-abuse/#comments

Ken does a lot of pretending to agree.  He'd think that it's a great technique for building consensus, I'd say it is disingenuous and even sounds like gaslighting.  One thing that I love about Sheila is that she calls him on it, politely but firmly saying that NO, she does not agree, and that there's no way that she considers spanking a baby to be up for debate because it is abusive, period.

I haven't read a lot of Shelia's writings, but I really liked the way she handled that.  Very well done.

Lori has selected another member of the Not So Private Chat room to be held up for ridicule.  

Hey Lori?  How about instead of shaming her, you admit that you wouldn't know the first thing about what she's going through because you had a maid to clean your house and a nanny to hold your crying babies for hours every day?  Why don't you tell her that once your babies turned 3 weeks old you left them to cry all night- never checking on them because that would just encourage them to cry longer?  After all YOU needed YOUR sleep.  Tell her instead of gently rocking them while the nursed, you flicked their tiny little cheeks for "biting" you.  Tell her that when you changed diapers, instead of smiling at them and talking to them in a silly voice, you slapped their little legs for daring to move and take up more of your time.  Tell her that you never appreciated Ken working until you saw the potential of losing $him$.  But most of all tell them the truth.  Your chat room is not a safe place for Christian moms to talk about their struggles.  You  bait them, wait for one of them to say the wrong thing, and then you hold them up for ridicule and toss them to the vultures.  You delight in seeing others suffer.

I tried to engage Lori about being a single mom raising a foster son. No answer, but she did publish. I'd like to ask her if I can possible raise this child to be a good man as 1-a single mom and 2-not spanking him.

I'm sure she wouldn't answer though. Sometime I think she has got be be a troll.

I've tried to ask her questions, usually they don't make it through moderation, but a couple have, she never answers, though. Too bad, I would have fun talking with her.

7 hours ago, iheartchacos said:

I'm sure she wouldn't answer though. Sometime I think she has got be be a troll.

Oh my god, I never even thought of that before!!!!

What if Lori's entire website is just a gigantic prank being played on Free Jinger? It wouldn't even have to be a fundie - maybe a disgruntled ex-member here, who got hand slapped for something and decided to wind us all up??!

Ok, that's what I'm going to believe from now on. Mainly because she makes me feel so violent that I dislike who I am after reading her blog.

Now it's all good. It a joke, FFS........

:kitty:

Here's an interesting quote from Lori: 

When I was in high school, I dated the quarterback. He’d been around the block a few time, well, many times, but I was determined to remain a virgin until marriage. He was always after me for sex. I remember thinking that I wish he would go have sex with other girls so he wouldn’t pester me so much!!! Little did I know what I know now…a man’s sex drive is never satisfied. This is one of the main reasons God designed marriage. A woman linked this up to my facebook page and I am glad she did. Great post!

http://hotholyhumorous.com/2013/08/what-youd-rather-he-have-an-affair/

Have I mentioned before that she is an absolute study in contradictions:

Today:

You are not a doormat

2013 from her (get this) Privileged to be a Doormat post:

"Doormats serve a very specific and even edifying purpose, do they not?  What if the doormat said, 'I don't want to be a doormat anymore' in a grumbling, complaining attitude?  Then what would the floors of the house look like?  All manner of dirt and filth from the outside world would be spread throughout our homes.  But if the doormat takes pride in serving the home, filtering it of all the junk that would otherwise enter that home, then I say, 'God, would you allow me to count it a privilege to be a doormat for my home?  Can I serve my husband so that before he enters his castle, he can swipe his shoes of all the outside mess he's stepped in all day?  Would you let me count it a privilege to be that good man's doormat?"

Where in Scripture does it say to not be a doormat?  

We are so selfish, always protecting ourselves and our rights instead of becoming like Jesus, sacrificing our lives for others, and yes, even becoming a doormat for others.

the least we can do is to be a happy, privileged doormat for our family

well I accidentally went to Lori Anderson's blog today... Are we sure she isn't PP's sister?

The Dr. Moms are discussing vaccines today on the I've Never Learned a Thing in My Life Facebook page:

Lori

We didn't give our children any and none of them ever had an allergy, asthma, autism or so many of the things children today are plagued with.

Which makes perfect sense, since science has linked vaccines with allergies, asthma, and autism.  Oh wait- no it hasn't. :pb_rollseyes:

Reader:

Our family doctor has never met my 7 year old, last saw my 10 year old as a baby, and my 14 year old was last seen at 2.

"Don't mean to humble brag, but I medically neglect my children for Jesus!"

Lori:

I never took my children to "well baby care." All those are for is to push vaccinations.

"Me too!  I medically neglected my kids!"  

(Maybe if Lori had taken her kids to the doctor they'd have clued her in that her daughters were verging on eating disorders.  They might have helped Lori figure out that all of the stomach problems one child was having, were caused by the fact that Lori didn't know that you're supposed to wash fruit.  Because parasites.  But nah- they'd probably have pushed for vaccines.)

Reader:

I don't know---I liked having the doctor check that they were walking properly, no scoliosis, eyes tracking, charting growth, etc. wink emoticon

Lori:

My children all grew up healthy without a yearly check up. We only took them to the doctor for broken bones and things such as this!

Reader:

My sister was told that the chickenpox vaccine was created for the convenience of working mothers who couldn't afford to take 2 weeks off work to care for their sick child. 

Yeah...

What about for the kid that couldn't afford to miss 2 weeks of school? Oh, that's right, they should be home schooled so it wouldn't matter. What about for the parent who would prefer not to see their kid in awful pain and discomfort for two weeks? Eh, beat (sorry, "spank") them enough and they'll get used to pain. What about the parent who is aware of the complications caused by running a high or prolonged fever and how that can damage a developing brain? What about the parent who is aware that Tylenol, while useful, can cause kidney and liver damage, especially when used for two weeks on a small body that is currently trying to fight of this nasty virus? What about parents who would prefer their children not have lifelong scarring from he blisters? Eh, I guess all those lazy parents just aren't as good as Lori. And I know they aren't in Jesus's top five friends group, like she is.

@Mrsaztx Those things are clearly only a problem if you're not faithful enough or don't pray correctly. Those sorts of things just won't happen to you if you are following Jesus correctly like the godless mentor lori.

You shouldn't be worried about it either because (quote from Lori):

A doubting, worrying mother is not being a good mother.  She's modeling fear, not faith;  and she'll produce worrying, anxious kids

This is brought to you by my sarcasm filter. Just incase you weren't sure.

People can actually die from chickenpox. In households where there are pretty much always infants and pregnant women, you'd think they would care more about something like that.

For that matter, if you manage to skip chickenpox as a child and contract it as an adult, it can be much more serious. There's even a slight chance of permanently decreased fertility in men, which you'd REALLY think they'd care about. What is a Command Man to do if he can't make Arrows for the Lord?!

And don't forget that if you have had chicken pox as a child, you may get shingles later in life. A case of shingles can be incredibly painful, and, as happened to a friend of mine, if it spreads to the face, you can lose your eyesight. What a lovely legacy of a non vaccinating parent!

Lori Alexander· 18 hours ago

Ken has told me that I have the gift of prophecy many times which simply means "But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort" {1 Cor. 14:3}. 

How typical. This is a defining trait of godly gawdly women. They all in some fashion think they are prophets, that is how full of themselves they are.

I just got my biggest WTF. I was wondering if Lori/Ken had somewhere on the blog where they state clearly what they believe 'spanking done correctly' is. I think it's damn dangerous of them to say "you must spank/use the rod" and then tell everyone any abuse is it 'not done correctly' and not state/link to what the 'correct way' is.

I came across this humdinger of a thing.

First, we believe that spanking, flicking and twigging are excellent communication's tools to communicate with a child who cannot reason.

I'm really at a loss. I mean it takes at least some basic level of reasoning to connect pain to a certain behavior. Dare I ask what twigging is?

Then

please leave some room for parents who choose to flick their five month old

No. Just damn no.

I'm just going to say I trained my dog in a more humane way than these people treated their children. It's remarkable what a bit of positive reinforcement (and distraction) does.

And I'm still not entirely sure what they think is 'correct' is...I fear this rabbithole will never end

3 hours ago, OnceUponATime said:

well I accidentally went to Lori Anderson's blog today... Are we sure she isn't PP's sister?

Wait... I know you're joking, but am I missing something? Is Lori Alexander's maiden name Anderson?

Just now, withaj said:

Wait... I know you're joking, but am I missing something? Is Lori Alexander's maiden name Anderson?

I don't know. I just keep typing it loriand.. and I'm not sure why. Usually I catch myself on time. That time I didn't.

All I could think of is what would happen if you mixed lori with pp.

10 minutes ago, OnceUponATime said:

I don't know. I just keep typing it loriand.. and I'm not sure why. Usually I catch myself on time. That time I didn't.

All I could think of is what would happen if you mixed lori with pp.

That would definitely be something. Yikes. As though Zsu isn't scary enough.

14 minutes ago, OnceUponATime said:

I just got my biggest WTF. I was wondering if Lori/Ken had somewhere on the blog where they state clearly what they believe 'spanking done correctly' is. I think it's damn dangerous of them to say "you must spank/use the rod" and then tell everyone any abuse is it 'not done correctly' and not state/link to what the 'correct way' is.

I came across this humdinger of a thing.

I'm really at a loss. I mean it takes at least some basic level of reasoning to connect pain to a certain behavior. Dare I ask what twigging is?

Then

No. Just damn no.

I'm just going to say I trained my dog in a more humane way than these people treated their children. It's remarkable what a bit of positive reinforcement (and distraction) does.

And I'm still not entirely sure what they think is 'correct' is...I fear this rabbithole will never end

Twigging sound better that switch in The Godly Monster's mind.  It's basically a limber stick they hit their kids with. 

Even IF you believe in spanking older kids -- and many, many people do -- on what planet is it okay to FLICK a five-month-old? 

I breastfed three kids and not once did I FLICK my babies. A biting baby is not a nursing baby, so take baby off. If baby is still hungry, baby learns REALLY quick that biting = no milk, and baby knocks it the heck off. This might not work with all babies, but it was magic with mine.

Also, a baby who is teething may bite because his gums hurt. Give him a frozen washcloth or something to gnaw on before nursing so that his gums don't hurt. 

(Lemme guess -- I'm a cowardly, wimpy mom because I taught my babies cause-and-effect rather than just flicking them into submission?)

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived