IGNORED

Emily from wayback ago. .

snowgirl

:hello:There used to be someone named Emily who wanted to have a budget of 1000 a month. . .

she was married to someone named Dan. . I thought she had a blog.  What ever happened to her?

Thank you if  you have any ideas.  She was very interesting!:kitty: thank you!

s:kitty-cussing:sorry that does not look very well executed

I will work on neater posts.:special-snowflake1:

Spoiler

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really miss her, Brad (bathroom dog), DNA and their love for Star Wars. I do wonder how the boys are doing and if she ever had her daughter? It would be a gift from someplace if she came back:cool:

I found DNA on Facebook a couple months ago - I don't remember exactly how.  From his posts, I couldn't figure out much. :(

8 minutes ago, countressrascal said:

I really miss her, Brad (bathroom dog), DNA and their love for Star Wars. I do wonder how the boys are doing and if she ever had her daughter? It would be a gift from someplace if she came back:cool:

Dna still loves Star Wars.  He's on FB, although no clues for a very long time on what Emily or the kids are up to.

1 hour ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Dna still loves Star Wars.  He's on FB, although no clues for a very long time on what Emily or the kids are up to.

IIRC, last time we discussed this Emily's FB profile was showing her as a member of a bunch of atheist groups. 

Ah, Emily and Dna.  She brought me to FJ.  I was reading her blog with my jaw dropped to the floor and she was talking about a bunch of meanies whining about her on the internet.  I thought "these people must know what's up" and six years later, I've never left.

Some of my favourite Emily memories include growing lettuce in a coffee can, buying a hand crank washing machine, and making a detailed floor plan of her apartment to show they could have another eleventy kids because she could string up a hammock over the oven and someone could sleep there (that last one might be an exaggeration, but not by much). 

22 minutes ago, Boogalou said:

Ah, Emily and Dna.  She brought me to FJ.  I was reading her blog with my jaw dropped to the floor and she was talking about a bunch of meanies whining about her on the internet.  I thought "these people must know what's up" and six years later, I've never left.

Some of my favourite Emily memories include growing lettuce in a coffee can, buying a hand crank washing machine, and making a detailed floor plan of her apartment to show they could have another eleventy kids because she could string up a hammock over the oven and someone could sleep there (that last one might be an exaggeration, but not by much). 

No discussion of Emily's Best Hits is complete without a shoutout to Brad and Therese. :pb_lol:

And I love your avatar.  I miss Taryn so much, humans breastfeeding monkeys and all. :pb_confused:

10 minutes ago, AbandonAllHope said:

No discussion of Emily's Best Hits is complete without a shoutout to Brad and Therese. :pb_lol:

And I love your avatar.  I miss Taryn so much, humans breastfeeding monkeys and all. :pb_confused:

Best hits is an anagram of bets this which is wrong. "Wealth gained hastily will dwindle, but whoever gathers little by little will increase it" (KJ). My biracial granddaughter once went to a grocery with items displayed in a hexagon which is of the devil.  When we saw it we left the grocery store and skipped our next meal instead.  I saw a documentary once with monkeys but I will never speak of it again because it was not pleasing to God.  Brad and Therese are not in the bible (KJ).

15 minutes ago, Boogalou said:

Best hits is an anagram of bets this which is wrong. "Wealth gained hastily will dwindle, but whoever gathers little by little will increase it" (KJ). My biracial granddaughter once went to a grocery with items displayed in a hexagon which is of the devil.  When we saw it we left the grocery store and skipped our next meal instead.  I saw a documentary once with monkeys but I will never speak of it again because it was not pleasing to God.  Brad and Therese are not in the bible (KJ).

OMG, you nailed it, it's like she came back to us!  I always wondered if Taryn was actually an FJer trolling Zsu, she seemed too awesome to be real.

For all that Emily did not seem like the tightest-wrapped bandage in the package---at least you have to give her creds for trying to provide fresh greens (even if grown in coffee cans, and portioned out 2-3 leaves per head) to her family. And Therese the Kefir probably got some loving and comfort, which may be more than a lot of fundie families get. 

buying a hand crank washing machine

Not long ago, I googled "washing cloth diapers" and one of the results was an ad for the Wonder Washer.  And I immediately thought of Emily.

2 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Not long ago, I googled "washing cloth diapers" and one of the results was an ad for the Wonder Washer.  And I immediately thought of Emily.

And in cold water with soap nuts, no less. *shiver*

16 hours ago, Boogalou said:

Everything cooked in that crock pot. I shudder to think of the condition of the  inside of that thing. 

I think they have 6 sons now. All I can think of is teenage boy hormones in a tiny space in a few years (although they did buy a house, right?)

8 minutes ago, adidas said:

I think they have 6 sons now. All I can think of is teenage boy hormones in a tiny space in a few years (although they did buy a house, right?)

I thought they were up to 5. Didn't they separate, though? I vaguely recall Dna posting about the kids visiting. 

They did buy a house. Jury was out on whether it was in liveable condition. The last pictures I saw were of some of the boys in a small dark-paneled room.

7 minutes ago, withaj said:

I thought they were up to 5. Didn't they separate, though? I vaguely recall Dna posting about the kids visiting. 

They did buy a house. Jury was out on whether it was in liveable condition. The last pictures I saw were of some of the boys in a small dark-paneled room.

They had the 4 boys when she was blogging. But after she stopped blogging, according to Dan's FB they had Edmond Hilleary and Yosef.

3 minutes ago, adidas said:

They had the 4 boys when she was blogging. But after she stopped blogging, according to Dan's FB they had Edmond Hilleary and Yosef.

Ah, that's right. I recall their FBs at one point in the last year or two listed different cities, which is why I assume they separated. That, and the comments about the boys visiting.

1 hour ago, withaj said:

And the roof had a tarp over it, or at least part of it.

On February 3, 2016 at 1:23 PM, SpoonfulOSugar said:

I found DNA on Facebook a couple months ago - I don't remember exactly how.  From his posts, I couldn't figure out much. :(

Emily is also on FB. She doesn't post much (or keeps most things private)--no classic Emily-isms, sadly.

Archived