IGNORED

Korean Beauty Products

purple_summer

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

YESSSSSSSS!

I just scraped out the last dregs from my Mizon Snail Recovery Gel tube. It's my 7th tube for the year. I go through like a tube a month cause I use it for everything! My kids even use it as moisturiser after they wash their faces lol! They love the snail just like their mama. I just incorporated the CosRx snail essence into my routine and it has changed my life. I don't even use my other serum anymore. Literally Kbeauty has revolutioned my skin

@SuhrEnity, I love it on my skin after long sun exposure.  Feels so good and cooling!  My skin goes from looking haggard to as if I'd never stepped foot outside!

I've just started with Korean skin care (also love the snail mucin).  My fav product so far is the First Essence from Missha, I can't believe what a difference it made in my skin almost immediately.

I'm OBSESSED with Innisfree sheet masks.  I get the variety pack off Amazon, and then pick a mask depending on my mood.  They're all so good!

Also, CLIO makes the best eyeliners I have ever used.  They replaced my Marc Jacobs and Mac liners, and they're half the price.  Plus, the gelspresso pencil in dark choco is SERIOUSLY THE most gorgeous eyeliner color I have ever used...and I've used a LOT of liners!

29 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

My fav product so far is the First Essence from Missha

I used to love love love that one. Then I discovered the Sulwahsoo one ... and it was all downhill from there lmao.

23 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Also, CLIO makes the best eyeliners I have ever used. 

YES Clio eyeliners are AMAZING!!!!!!! I side eye every other eye liner I've ever used before. Lol. I've started using Korean cushion foundations as well and I'll never use a Western foundation for the rest of my life. So gorgeously dewy!!!!! Plus through Kbeauty I discovered the importance of sun block which in and of itself has changed my skin

@Georgiana @SamiKatz do either of you guys have sensitive/dry skin? I've tried a few korean masks/products but have not had much luck. I recently tried TonyMoly pokemon masks and ended up with awful broken out and red skin. I'm very fair skinned and have yet to find a sunblock, korean or otherwise, that doesn't irritate my skin but if you guys know of one, I am willing to try new ones! I use the regular ones anyway and just accept that I'm gonna look like a pepperoni pizza for the summer. 

@rexasaurus_nirb, I do not have dry skin, but I am sensitive to sunscreen.  I use Shiseido Anessa Perfect sunscreen, which I love because it is light and works as a primer, but it does contain alcohol, so it may not work well with your skin.

I also use Innisfree waterproof sunscreen for "heavy duty" work (hikes, runs, etc. Since my skin is combination/oily it's just a bit much for daily wear) and I love that as well.  The scent is really nice.  

I have rosacea as well as dry skin.  I'm also very fair.  I ordered this kit from Soko Glam and have not had any issues with any of the products:

https://sokoglam.com/collections/sets/products/best-of-beauty-essentials

I've used the mask in the kit, the Innisfree skin mask as well as snail mucin ones without an issue, but did have a reaction to a honey mask I tried.  I also tried oil cleansers, but they do bother my skin. There is also a form of the Zero cleaner for people with sensitive skin, but I haven't tried that yet.

I use Consonant Skin Care's SPF and it does not break me out or cause redness issues either.

@Georgiana Thank you! I'll look into the suncreens! 

@SamiKatz The mask that broke me out was honey too. They got me with the cute packaging (pokemon mask set) but I won't be using any more of them. I'll check out the sokoglam and see if that works for me. Thanks! 

I've been looking into Korean skin care, but it's so overwhelming I don't know where to start!  What would you guys recommend?

Snail snot? Ewww! That ranks right up there with using urine as a beauty treatment.

2 hours ago, bashfulpixie said:

I've been looking into Korean skin care, but it's so overwhelming I don't know where to start!  What would you guys recommend?

Do you have any current skin care regimen? What kind of skin do you have?      

I think a good place to start is to look at what you have currently and add to it with AB products. Another route is to start with some sheet masks. If you live in the US TJMaxx and Marshalls often have some ABproducts. I like to read through Amazon reviews to get an idea of what I want. I have a budget on how much I'm willing to spend and go from there. I might be able to get a few things or one bigger thing, or if there is a product above my allowance I wait a few days to see if I really want it and see if I can fit it in. I don't do Asian Beauty exclusively. I fit it in my regular basics. Not that I have tons of stuff. I try and enjoy the process. Kind of a reminder to take care of myself because there are days I leave the house in  hurry and realize I never even checked a mirror to see if my hair was brushed. 

12 hours ago, bashfulpixie said:

I would also recommend checking out the Sokoglam website/blog.  They have some good information on starter routines there.  

Gothamista on Youtube is another great resource, she does really in depth reviews of the products.

@Grimalkin gives good advise as well, check out what you have and where you can begin to supplement with AB products.

@bashfulpixie it's a rabbit hole you can't dig out of. I used to wash my face maybe once a day with whatever shower gel I was using and then moisturise with whatever lotion I was putting on my body. Then I discovered Korean skin care and everything changed and this is what my routine last night looked like. Yup I used all those products and that was actually a pretty light routine cause last night I didn't use any acids or actives... It is so much fun though and my skin has never looked better. I went from using foundation to using a light tinted moisturizer or bb cream instead of foundation because my skin is just so good now

Night_routine.jpg

Also the Asian Beauty Reddit is an amazing community and a great place to start. I'm pretty sure there's even a where do I start guide!

19 hours ago, bashfulpixie said:

If you live in an area where you can go into a store that sells it, my advice is go and buy a couple of sheet masks and other cheap items to test them out. Whichever ones you like, just search them online and you'll probably find comparisons with similar products that can give you more ideas. 

5 hours ago, SuhrEnity said:

Also the Asian Beauty Reddit is an amazing community and a great place to start.

Seconding this, I'm not a member but I've come across it in online searches a bunch. 

Thanks guys!  I don't have much in the way of a routine.  I break out a  lot around my jawline (I have a bad habit of touching my chin and underneath while I'm working).  So I put stuff on there to try and clear that up.  Otherwise, I have a dry forehead and cheeks.

I'm trying to figure out where to start with anti-aging. I'm starting to get a few fine lines on my forehead and around my eyes when I smile, so I'd like to try and nip it in the bud.

On 6/2/2017 at 11:16 AM, SuhrEnity said:

@bashfulpixie it's a rabbit hole you can't dig out of. I used to wash my face maybe once a day with whatever shower gel I was using and then moisturise with whatever lotion I was putting on my body. Then I discovered Korean skin care and everything changed and this is what my routine last night looked like. Yup I used all those products and that was actually a pretty light routine cause last night I didn't use any acids or actives... It is so much fun though and my skin has never looked better. I went from using foundation to using a light tinted moisturizer or bb cream instead of foundation because my skin is just so good now

Night_routine.jpg

Also the Asian Beauty Reddit is an amazing community and a great place to start. I'm pretty sure there's even a where do I start guide!

I have The Ordinary products as well.  And the Laneige Lip mask, which I also love.

• 1 month later...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/sarahhan/korean-beauty-with-major-aegyo?utm_term=.hx5jqQbpN#.funwd1Onj This is a list of super cute and affordable Korean beauty products that I've found. I personally use TonyMoly masks, cooling eye panda sticks, TonyMoly bunny lipglosses, Dermal Korea face masks, and TonyMoly strawberry pore strips (works great and smells great!) I love Korean products because they tend to be a little more about natural beauty than American products, plus the packaging is so cute. 

Archived