IGNORED

Kelly C picks another weird name for her new baby

Hisey

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, withaj said:

Makes poor little Sauntina sound almost normal.

Who's that? 

Sauntina's a weird name, but at least it sounds vaguely pretty. Spurgeon's weird as fuck and sounds ugly. Plus at least with Sauntina you can just use the nickname Tina. Spurgeon, as has been well demonstrated on FJ, has no decent nicknames at all.

Sauntina sounds like a diminutive of Assuntina or Assunta, a very Catholic and popular name in Southern Italy. Personally I don't like it, but it's a matter of taste, generally I don't like overly Catholic names, such as Immacolata, Addolorata and the likes (I find Catena, or Maria Catena, particularly horrid).

Her doctor told her she had a beautiful uterus? OMFG WTH? If a doctor told my husband that, he would be very tempted to kick the doctors ass.

I don't think Zane is an unusual name at all. We considered it because it is a variation of John, which is a family name for us. I've known heaps of boys named Zane, but no girls.

So this isn't really someone I follow, but I had to comment about the "beautiful uterus" thing.  That is actually exactly what a gyn said to me once!  I was just about to get married, and was going for my first-ever gynecological exam (yeah, I know, I should have started them years before, but I was scared), and the doctor (female, thankfully) was like "you have a beautiful uterus and I bet you will conceive on your wedding night." And I'm like, okay that is WEIRD, lady, get your hands out of my beautiful uterus and go away. Needless to say, I found another gyn. Also, many years later, I laugh at that comment, because, nope, no baby yet.

4 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Who's that? 

Sauntina's a weird name, but at least it sounds vaguely pretty. Spurgeon's weird as fuck and sounds ugly. Plus at least with Sauntina you can just use the nickname Tina. Spurgeon, as has been well demonstrated on FJ, has no decent nicknames at all.

Sauntina LaVerle Staddon, first daughter of Robert and Kendalyn (Kowalchuk) Staddon. General consensus is they were going for Sonatina but can't spell. And they chose LaVerle because they think it means "the truth" in French. 

Sonatina like sonata but little? Why? Are they musicians or music fanatics? Are they SOTDRT graduates?

47 minutes ago, withaj said:

And they chose LaVerle because they think it means "the truth" in French. 

Wait--did they actually come out and say that? It's not like it's hard to Google the words for "the truth" in French. And it's a word with a concrete translation to English, not something that's debated like other words/phrases. 

LaVerle sounds like a Cajun guy who spends too much time shooting the shit on his front porch, but has some good stories about wrestling alligators back in the day. 

4 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Sonatina like sonata but little? Why? Are they musicians or music fanatics? Are they SOTDRT graduates?

Well I think they said in a blog post at one point that Sauntina meant "little song" so that's where the Sonatina assumption comes from. Don't think they are particularly musical (obviously). I think both are SOTDRT, though. The Staddons and Kowalchuks are both pretty damn fundie. Kendalyn's sister Alieta was (maybe still is) "Dean of Women" For JTTH. The Kowalchuks are one of those almost mythical Canadian fundie families, from Alberta I believe. Kendalyn and Alieta have two brothers, Kerzdenn and Jevenn (wish I were kidding).

5 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Wait--did they actually come out and say that? It's not like it's hard to Google the words for "the truth" in French. And it's a word with a concrete translation to English, not something that's debated like other words/phrases. 

LaVerle sounds like a Cajun guy who spends too much time shooting the shit on his front porch, but has some good stories about wrestling alligators back in the day. 

I believe it's in one of the comments on their blog. I'm on mobile so I can't check easily right now. It's been discussed here before, though -- I searched last night.

Kendalyn Staddon's story always made me sad. She wanted to go to medical school, but god told her her father that she shouldn't even try. So she got to take a home health course through correspondence instead! Totally the same thing. Now she looks like she's trying not to burst into tears in all her photos :pb_neutral:

http://robertloveskendalyn.com/kendalyn/

17 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

She just had to get in a little dig at women who "give up" on doing their "sacred duty." Ugh...

"Beautiful uterus"? It's not as if a woman can control what her freaking uterus looks like.

My husband's Uncle had Retinitis Pigmentosa and raised 4 wonderful kids and 2 of his grandkids after his daughter became ill. He was a heavy duty mechanic. He was able to drive till age 50. Then he still worked but had to get a ride. It amazed me that he did such great work when his sight was so bad. He was able to work till 68. Sadly the VA tried some surgery on him that they hoped would give him some sight back and it caused brain damaged that he died from. Interestingly my husband's family has roots in polygamy and over 43 family members were found to have Retinitis Pigmentosa . Several medical schools have sent students and residents to Colorado city to study the family in hopes of a break through.

1 hour ago, slickcat79 said:

Kendalyn Staddon's story always made me sad. She wanted to go to medical school, but god told her her father that she shouldn't even try. So she got to take a home health course through correspondence instead! Totally the same thing. Now she looks like she's trying not to burst into tears in all her photos :pb_neutral:

http://robertloveskendalyn.com/kendalyn/

Gosh. That's depressing.  I always like to give fundie women the benefit of the doubt on SAHMing being actually what they want but it seems pretty obvious from her story that this was not her heart's desire. and it sort of sounds like she wasn't too thrilled with robert to start off with? yikes.  

Kelly Crawford annoys me. She doesn't come off like-able in her blog at all. It's all this "Dear weary mama, life is hard, suck it up and pray" bullshit. Even her bff Erika Shupe is more like-able. 

1 hour ago, silverspoons said:

My husband's Uncle had Retinitis Pigmentosa and raised 4 wonderful kids and 2 of his grandkids after his daughter became ill. He was a heavy duty mechanic. He was able to drive till age 50. Then he still worked but had to get a ride. It amazed me that he did such great work when his sight was so bad. He was able to work till 68. Sadly the VA tried some surgery on him that they hoped would give him some sight back and it caused brain damaged that he died from. Interestingly my husband's family has roots in polygamy and over 43 family members were found to have Retinitis Pigmentosa . Several medical schools have sent students and residents to Colorado city to study the family in hopes of a break through.

I'm happy for your uncle. I really am. But did he have 4 kids, or 11? Did he have 5-6 kids after his diagnosis, when he was the sole support of his family? 

We know Aaron does not have many skills outside construction, which he learned from his father-in-law (he's also worked as a pizza deliverer, and picking up dead chickens in a slaughterhouse). I don't think he went to college. We know that, 10 years ago, he was already have difficulty driving at night. We know the Crawford family is always struggling for money. We know that Kelly is dead-set against working outside the home, which would mean sending the kids to public school, which she finds abhorrent. So it's all on Aaron.

If he is losing his sight, and it's unclear how much and how fast, then shouldn't he spend money on re-training in another field, instead of another hospital maternity stay for Kelly? 

It seems like people are misinterpreting this as disabled-people-shouldn't-have-kids, which is ridiculous. I am saying that, given all the other stressors the Crawfords have (mom won't work, chronic money troubles, two-chicken-breast dinners for 11), maybe THEY shouldn't have a very large number of kids if the sole breadwinner is in danger of losing his sight.

10 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Her doctor told her she had a beautiful uterus? OMFG WTH? If a doctor told my husband that, he would be very tempted to kick the doctors ass.

No, he told her HUSBAND, which is somehow even worse.

6 hours ago, nausicaa said:

LOL

Count me on team "Zane's not weird."

17 hours ago, princessmahina said:

Agreed. I'd be so freaked out if someone said I had a beautiful uterus.

How could he tell, anyway? Did she have a C-section? And, if so, couldn't she just have a zipper installed so the next deliverys would be easier?

2 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Gosh. That's depressing.  I always like to give fundie women the benefit of the doubt on SAHMing being actually what they want but it seems pretty obvious from her story that this was not her heart's desire. and it sort of sounds like she wasn't too thrilled with robert to start off with? yikes.  

Robert and David Waller have a Very Special Friendship. It really sounds like Robert and Kendalyn both were not particularly into the courtship in the beginning, but I suspect they faced some external pressure from parents and the rest of their social network.

7 hours ago, nausicaa said:

My Mom has a female cousin named LaVerle, but she's a farm girl from OK, no Cajun alligators in sight. :my_biggrin:

57 minutes ago, clueliss said:

How can we discuss the name Zane without bringing up actor Billy Zane?

He's purty. It's too bad he doesn't make better movies.

54 minutes ago, slickcat79 said:

Robert and David Waller have a Very Special Friendship. It really sounds like Robert and Kendalyn both were not particularly into the courtship in the beginning, but I suspect they faced some external pressure from parents and the rest of their social network.

Well, Kendalyn was picking from amongst 3 suitors who had apparently all approached her father at the same time, so it's not like she didn't have her pick (excuse me, God's pick).

Archived