IGNORED

Kelly C picks another weird name for her new baby

Hisey

Zane Emory has been born. While Kelly enjoys the convenience and benefits of having a conventional name, she seems bound and determined to saddle all her kids with unusual names. "Zane" is actually not as bad as some of the others.

What still amazes me is that Kelly keeps on having babies even though her husband has a disease (retinitis pigmentosa) that will gradually claim most or all of his sight. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dandruff said:

Is it a boy or a girl?

I was going to say, though it looks like it's a boy. 

She's also making up meanings for the names. 

BTW, what are the names of her other kids? 

Zane is an unusual name. but it's not that weird. I went to school with a Zane. There was also a famous author of Western-themed novels named Zane Grey. It's not like naming your kid Spurgeon or Heistheway.

10 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Zane Emory has been born. While Kelly enjoys the convenience and benefits of having a conventional name, she seems bound and determined to saddle all her kids with unusual names. "Zane" is actually not as bad as some of the others.

What still amazes me is that Kelly keeps on having babies even though her husband has a disease (retinitis pigmentosa) that will gradually claim most or all of his sight. 

Blind people can still parent.  Kelly isn't dependent on him for money.  I don't see the problem?

11 minutes ago, Hisey said:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3513898/

Zayne Emory is an actor, known for Crazy, Stupid, Love.(2011), Shmagreggie Saves the World (2012) and Little Loopers (2015).

Must be my life-long fondness for Zane Gray, but I don't find the name in the least bit weird.

3 minutes ago, OodOnTheLoo said:

Blind people can still parent.  Kelly isn't dependent on him for money.  I don't see the problem?

Kelly Crawford isn't dependent on her husband for money?

Of course blind people can parent, and parent well. I would never suggest otherwise. But Kelly is almost entirely dependent on her husband's income to support her and their 10 young children. He works in construction. Are there a lot of blind people who work construction?

I assume Aaron is on board with all this reproducing. But it must be an enormous stress on him. I've read several books by people with retinitis pigmentosa. It's very difficult to gradually lose your sight as an adult. Certainly you can re-train and find another career. But why add the stress of another mouth to feed (and another and another and another. . . ?) It's not easy to support 12 people under the best of circumstances, let alone when you are gradually losing one of your senses.

I agree that Zane is not as weird as some of her other earlier picks. I've heard of Zane Grey, too (though I've never known another Zane). I guess I'm just not a fan of giving kids unusual names that they will repeatedly have to spell or repeat to people.

And I have to say, at the age of 43, after giving birth to 11 children, one of the best compliments I’ve received was from my doctor yesterday who told my husband I had a beautiful uterus.

She just had to get in a little dig at women who "give up" on doing their "sacred duty." Ugh...

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

I agree that Zane is not as weird as some of her other earlier picks. I've heard of Zane Grey, too (though I've never known another Zane). I guess I'm just not a fan of giving kids unusual names that they will repeatedly have to spell or repeat to people.

Not sure where you are regionally, but I don't think of Zane as either requiring spelling or repeating.

SS records indicate

YEAR   RANK

2014     224 

2013     215 

2012     224 

2011     222 

2010     239 

2009     235 

2008     235 

2007     232 

2006     241 

2005     237 

For 2014, the number of births with name Zane is 1674, which represents 0.082 percent of total male births in 2014.

The year when the name Zane was most popular is 2013. In that year, the number of births is 1732, which represents 0.086 percent of total male births in 2013.

So generally, it's safe to say more than 1500 babies each year are named Zane in the United States.  I think that makes it pretty mainstream.

ETA:  They rank the top 1000 names each year.  (And Zayne and Zayn are listed separately.)  If it were truly unusual, surely it would be much lower - or not on the list?!

Yeah, I don't find the name that unusual. I can't place who, but I definitely have known a Zane or two along the way. I've known a few Emorys, too, but that's probably because I live in the South.

I suppose they can always hope for another heart-shaped tornado. Then the donations will just start pouring in!

Seriously? Her doctor told her husband she had a beautiful uterus? That's weird and a bit creepy.

I have known both a Zane (male) and Emory (female).  I kind of like Emory.  Zane isn't too bad either.  I'm not sure how I feel about them together though.  The name doesn't flow to me...

*side note* That baby is adorable!

46 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Zane is a lot better than Spurgeon.

Anything is, frankly

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Seriously? Her doctor told her husband she had a beautiful uterus? That's weird and a bit creepy.

Agreed. I'd be so freaked out if someone said I had a beautiful uterus.

I really like the name Zane. My friend from high school called her son Zane, and my oldest son had a Zane in his class at high school.

It makes me think of Billy Zane more than Zane Grey.

Her doctor said she has a beautiful uterus? What a load of shit. I just don't believe that a doctor would say that. And if he did, it's kind of creepy. 

I'm surprised that she'd name her son Zane, considering its an Arabic name (or derivative of it). Its not an explicitly Muslim name (especially in the US), but in the larger global context it certainly has that association. 

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

That is the weirdest thing I've heard and I look at uteruses all day (is my job). I'm baffled at what possible criteria the doctor might have used to judge beauty. ?myometrial homogeneity ?endometrial thickness /thinness ?position?size Who knows?

I once saw a typo on a delivery report that described the cervix as "smiling and happy faced" (should have read "fully effaced"). Maybe that is it.

My Dr said my uterus looked terrible and advised that I not use it again : D if she had said it was beautiful I most likely would have had another baby. Or at least not gotten my tubes tied. Did she have a c section? I can see a Dr commenting on the appearance of the uterus in regards to future babies in light of multiple c sections. If she didn't have a c-section how would the Dr even know how her uterus looked?

Ps, I don't think Zane is unusual. It's pretty easy to read and spell, so it passes my baby name test. 

Besides Zane Grey, there's also Jennifer Zane (who writes romance) and an Urban Fiction author that goes simply by "Zane".

Maybe it's because I work in a bookstore, but Zane doesn't seem like an odd name to me at all, with or without the "Emory" rider. 

1 hour ago, browngrl said:

That is the weirdest thing I've heard and I look at uteruses all day (is my job). I'm baffled at what possible criteria the doctor might have used to judge beauty. ?myometrial homogeneity ?endometrial thickness /thinness ?position?size Who knows?

I once saw a typo on a delivery report that described the cervix as "smiling and happy faced" (should have read "fully effaced"). Maybe that is it.

Cervices smile? 

1 hour ago, browngrl said:

Sure sounds like a case of "damn you, autocorrect."

Archived