IGNORED

Best mascaras?

HermioneSparrow

On February 4, 2016 at 2:58 PM, campused said:

Along the same lines-- can anyone recommend one that stays on REALLY well but isn't waterproof? I mentioned above that I use Blinc now (which definitely stays!) but it doesn't go on as thick as I'd like-- takes 2 coats. I just hate how I always end up with mascara under my eyes-- even if I use primer or powder or whatever! 

L'Oreal Volumous.  I'm still mourning the original formula - but I've used it for years and it's been completely flake and smudge  free for me snd stays on till I take it off.

On February 5, 2016 at 10:36 PM, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara

THIS.
I don't even have oily skin, but all mascara ends up smudged under my eyes by the end of the day except for L'Oreal Double Extend. It makes little tubes that cover your lashes, and does not budge until you wash it off. This is literally the only mascara I've ever used that does not smudge at all. It comes off easily with soap and water or with makeup remover (or coconut oil). Fair warning though - if you wash it off in the shower the little black tubes kind of end up everywhere.

I agree this doesn't come off until you take it off.  I've used this for special occasions, but can't for every day since my lashes are long and when I use this they hit my glasses.

nothing like the weird feeling of lashes hitting lenses all day long to give you the shivers.

I've used Benefit They're Real and found it stayed on pretty good but irritated my eyes with every day use. We went to a wedding last night and I was annoyed with how many layers of mascara I had to put on. This tube has dried out way faster-- really annoying. I feel like going back to $7 drugstore brand at this point might be the best option. $25+ for a mascara that only lasts a month is shit.

Last year, Sephora did a sampler box of mascara that came with a coupon for a free full size of any of the options. That was awesome-- there were some good ones in there. One was a really nice Lancôme one-- hypnose drama. A Tarte one that was okay (lights, camera, flashes), Josie Maran argan oil-- meh, Blinc (ended up getting full size) and Better Than Sex by Too Faced. I had already used that one on suggestion from a friend. It went on really nice and thick but smudged all over the damn place. Ugh, Sephora is calling my name! 

On 2/7/2016 at 1:19 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

L'Oreal Volumous.  I'm still mourning the original formula - but I've used it for years and it's been completely flake and smudge  free for me snd stays on till I take it off.

I agree this doesn't come off until you take it off.  I've used this for special occasions, but can't for every day since my lashes are long and when I use this they hit my glasses.

nothing like the weird feeling of lashes hitting lenses all day long to give you the shivers.

I also have very long lashes, mine are thin though. Are there any thickening mascaras that don't look gloppy? (Is gloppy even a word?)

• 3 weeks later...
On February 5, 2016 at 9:36 PM, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara

THIS.
I don't even have oily skin, but all mascara ends up smudged under my eyes by the end of the day except for L'Oreal Double Extend. It makes little tubes that cover your lashes, and does not budge until you wash it off. This is literally the only mascara I've ever used that does not smudge at all. It comes off easily with soap and water or with makeup remover (or coconut oil). Fair warning though - if you wash it off in the shower the little black tubes kind of end up everywhere.

So I finally picked this up at Target! Such a great recommendation, thank you! It works just as good as the Blinc stuff I was using, at a fraction of the price. I think it must be the nature of the "tube" stuff to not go on super thick but it's fine for everyday use and the no smudge more than makes up for thin looking lashes. So thanks again!

Benefit They're Real smudges all over the place for me and I end up looking like a raccoon. And that is just on a normal day. I'm sure if I cried wearing that stuff I'd end up with black stripes down my face. 

• 3 weeks later...

Gotta throw Urban Decay's Perversion into the ring. Fantastic.

For a drugstore brand, Maybelline Lash Sensation. It's a knock off of Benefit's Roller mascara.

• 2 months later...

Drugstore mascara is the best! It's one of the few cosmetic items I don't bother buying elsewhere, most are really just as good as higher end lines.

I have to say Maybelline has the best mascaras. A few other brands have one or two good ones but Maybelline is most consistent. Except I could never understand the hype and adoration of Great Lash.. Never worked well for me.

• 1 year later...

Physician's Formula and Lush make all natural, hypoallergenic mascaras that I hear are good. My favorite is Maybelline's the Falsies, not technically hypoallergenic, but I wear contacts and have some eye issues and have never had a problem with it. 

• 2 months later...

Are there any "tube " mascaras that are equally as effective but less expensive than Blinc?  Tubes work better on my sensitive eyes -and yeah - no flaking!   I tend to always need either a primer or multiple coats and Blinc breaks the bank..   Anything tuby in the drug store variety?

Archived