IGNORED

Best mascaras?

HermioneSparrow

Okay I'm allergic to literally everything lol, I also wear glasses and my eyes are sensitive so I wanna buy a good hypoallergenic mascara.. Any recommendations? Right now i'm using Almay's one coat nourishing lengthening mascara and it works great but I wanna have a few other options. 

While Diorshow iconic is not branded as being hypoallergenic, I can wear it without any problems at all - no redness, itching, watery leaking etc. But it is a big risk to take, I only found out my accident when I borrowed my sister's.

Clinique has a few hypoallergenic options in their range.

Have you tried any of the Almay mascaras? They are hypoallergenic and pretty inexpensive.

I've used this one before and liked it ok- (I'm not a huge mascara junkie, so if it works and doesn't hurt my eyes it's classed as "ok"). This particular comes in a different shade for each eye color.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=464360&catid=183541&aid=338666&aparam=464360&kpid=464360&CAWELAID=120142990000007522&CAGPSPN=pla

I'm telling you, EYEKO is amazing! I don't know why people don't know about this stuff, but it's so good! 

20160203_155440-1.jpg

I've been using Blinc "tube" mascara where it coats it with tubes. I have the problem where all my mascara ends up under my eyes but this one stays on. It comes off easily with water and some pressure on your lashes. I also have a hard time finding mascaras that don't irritate my eyes. I once had to call out from work because some "natural" mascara I got from Birchbox BLEW UP my eyes and they were so swollen. I've had good luck with Clinique too as far as sensitivity goes. Stay away from Benefit mascara-- one day and I was all itchy. 

hard candy's ginormous lash mascara with growth serum isn't touted as "hypoallergenic" but i've so far had no problems with them (i have somewhat sensitive eyes as far as makeup and products go, though i wouldn't say i'm allergic to stuff, per se). it's actually my absolute favourite mascara ever in the whole wide world. as far as the growth serum goes, i don't notice much in the way of length or thickness improvement (though my lashes are fairly thick and long already) but the way it goes on and makes my lashes look without even using a curler is amazeballs. when i have to buy mascara again, i'm more than willing to pony up s&h to order it online, as the only place i know of that sells it around here is wal-mart and i refuse to go there.

Thank you guys! I'm gonna look for some of those mascaras and try! 

17 hours ago, frumper-rump said:

Have you tried any of the Almay mascaras? They are hypoallergenic and pretty inexpensive.

I've used this one before and liked it ok- (I'm not a huge mascara junkie, so if it works and doesn't hurt my eyes it's classed as "ok"). This particular comes in a different shade for each eye color.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=464360&catid=183541&aid=338666&aparam=464360&kpid=464360&CAWELAID=120142990000007522&CAGPSPN=pla

I use Almay! It's awesome, i just want to have a second option u know.

oh! i almost forgot...rimmel has some really good hypoallergenic options, too. i'm a serious rimmel whore when it comes to makeup products except for face powder (e.l.f. has one that is so perfect for me) and mascara. i randomly tried the hard candy brand once and never looked back, but rimmel's products are still really good.

17 hours ago, iweartanktops6 said:

I'm telling you, EYEKO is amazing! I don't know why people don't know about this stuff, but it's so good! 

20160203_155440-1.jpg

Mascara in a tube? Is there a brush inside?

59 minutes ago, Gossamer1 said:

Mascara in a tube? Is there a brush inside?

Yep! It's the best! 

I currently use lancome's hypnose mascara. It's pricey but it lasts well, looks beautiful and comes off nicely. I use an unscented moisturiser to remove it. 

Along the same lines-- can anyone recommend one that stays on REALLY well but isn't waterproof? I mentioned above that I use Blinc now (which definitely stays!) but it doesn't go on as thick as I'd like-- takes 2 coats. I just hate how I always end up with mascara under my eyes-- even if I use primer or powder or whatever! 

7 hours ago, campused said:

Along the same lines-- can anyone recommend one that stays on REALLY well but isn't waterproof? I mentioned above that I use Blinc now (which definitely stays!) but it doesn't go on as thick as I'd like-- takes 2 coats. I just hate how I always end up with mascara under my eyes-- even if I use primer or powder or whatever! 

My two go to mascaras Maybelline Full & Soft and Diorshow. 

I've never had a problem with either flaking.

7 hours ago, campused said:

L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara

THIS.
I don't even have oily skin, but all mascara ends up smudged under my eyes by the end of the day except for L'Oreal Double Extend. It makes little tubes that cover your lashes, and does not budge until you wash it off. This is literally the only mascara I've ever used that does not smudge at all. It comes off easily with soap and water or with makeup remover (or coconut oil). Fair warning though - if you wash it off in the shower the little black tubes kind of end up everywhere.

19 hours ago, campused said:

the hard candy ginormous lash mascara goes on great and stays on great. i put on two coats myself, but that's because i like a lot of mascara :P honestly, one coat is good, two coats is just my personal preference.

You will not believe me but Jordana Best Lash Extreme (Walgreens, 5 dollars) is the BEST MASCARA EVER.  It makes me look like I am wearing false lashes, doesn't flake, and comes off with soap and water.  I love it.  

Best Mascara Ever that will Never Come Off, Never Ever-  benefit They're Real.  If you want all day, or more,  coverage plus lengthening/thickening, this is the way to go.  I used it for awhile, but this was not a good everyday mascara for me; more of a special occasion one where I might be crying and don't want smudging.  But it does does accomplish being both smudge-proof as well as actually making your lashes look amazing.  If I ever get married- this is the one I would wear for the ceremony.  

I have long eyelashes, but they are very light colored and not all that thick.  Lancôme Definicils has been my go-to mascara for many years. I have tried a gazillion other mascaras- from super high end to drugstore brand- and I keep coming back to this one.  It doesn't clump, thickens my lashes without being gloopy, stays on very well without being waterproof, and comes off very easily with eye makeup remover. 

FiberWig mascara used to be one of my absolute favorites, but they did some kind of rebrand and the new version is nowhere near as good as the original. If you manage to get your hands on the previous version- buy it!  It will be worth the money. 

I'm not a big mascara person but I wanted something to spruce up the lashes a bit.

I got Benefit They're Real tinted primer.  Tried it today for the first time and quite like it.  It's dark brown which I think works better with my pale skin and blonde hair.

I have fine hair which has results in sparse eyelashes with light tips that need mascara.  I've tried tons and I usually end up oscillating between Full and Soft by Maybelline (when I don't fee like making a trek to Ulta or Sephora) and Tarte's Gifted.

Archived