IGNORED

LUSH

ShepherdontheRock

Last Christmas they started doing 1kg bottles of the Snow Fairy. This has made me ridiculously happy, 5 months on I still have 3/4 of a bottle left :)

Lush is great. Because I have Eczema most things will leave horrible dry red patches on my skin but the stuff they do is mostly OK for me to use I just have to be careful of some essential oils (only one I can think of offhand is geranium, but I think it smells gross anyway). The shampoo also seems to make my allopoeica (hopefully I spelled it right!) better so it's a win all round. Plus I get to smell good. I miss being able to use the bath bombs, they were really fun but I don't have a tub in my new house.

On 4/5/2016 at 11:46 AM, what the heck said:

Is there a bath bomb that won't stain my tub?

I prefer the bubble bars to the bath bombs. I just think they're better value for your money.

But if your bath is especially susceptible to stains, tisty tosty and sakura won't stain.

So far, I haven't had any stain my tub.  I've tried a few of varying colors, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Frozen, Dragon's egg, Intergalactic ( my FAVORITE) 

• 2 weeks later...

I somehow won free Lush during lushlive 

I can post reviews if yall want it 

• 4 months later...

Oh man, I LOVE their Toothy Tabs. I don't particularly like the taste of mint, so their ultra-foamy alternatives are fantastic. My favorite is Breath of God- a sandalwood one that makes your breath smell amazing. The great taste and the extreme foaminess (did I mention they're foamy?) makes me brush my teeth more thoroughly. That's always good!

I FINALLY went into a LUSH this weekend. Wow. What a fun place. I got a bath bomb and a bubble bar. What does everyone think of their face masks? BuzzFeed had a list about a few of them. 

I got the Intergalatic bomb and the Brightside bubble bar. So yummy. I can't wait to use them.

On 2/18/2016 at 3:36 PM, Mela99 said:

I've never been to a LUSH store. I've only ever dreamed of it .... I don't think there are any in Michigan, least not anywhere near me. 

Cough cough, there is at least one by me.  HINT HINT!  

On 9/12/2016 at 11:01 AM, Mela99 said:

What does everyone think of their face masks?

I like them! I have tried Rosy Cheeks, Oatifix, and Cup o Coffee.  I didn't notice a big change in my skin while using them, per se, but I like the feeling of treating myself to a mini spa.  My favorite is out of those three was Rosy Cheeks, because I LOVE rose smelling things, and I felt it evened out my complexion a bit.  Cup o Coffee was my second favorite, and Oatifix smells amazing but didn't really do anything for my face.

• 1 month later...

LUSH is usually hit or miss for me. Their fragrances are pretty simple and nothing overly wow or complicated. You've also have to be careful if you have skin concerns because they do use some common irritants in their products, you just have to read the ingredients on each product. 

How did you all like the Halloween line this year? BOO! bath melt was probably my favorite product. The smell was so fragrant and divine. It makes my skin super soft and smooth. And it's adorable! Autumn Leaf was probably my favorite bath bomb - the colors were awesome, and it smelled like sweet grass! I was extremely disappointed with Pumpkin bath bomb. It stained myself, it stained my bathtub, it did NOT smell like Pumpkin Spice (how it was originally described on the site). Sparkly Pumpkin didn't smell like anything really and was not too sparkly, nothing special.

Can't wait to try some Christmas line stuff. 

• 8 months later...

I went to a Lush store on a trip and the first thing that hit me was the smell, it seemed too much, and I felt as if I was hit by a wall of powder. I smelled and sampled a few of the products, and everything was just too strong for me :(. I've heard they work wonders, but I just dislike the smells. 

On 2/18/2016 at 0:36 PM, Mela99 said:

I've never been to a LUSH store. I've only ever dreamed of it .... I don't think there are any in Michigan, least not anywhere near me. 

There's one in Briarwood (near A2)

20 minutes ago, CancerBomb said:

I went to a Lush store on a trip and the first thing that hit me was the smell, it seemed too much, and I felt as if I was hit by a wall of powder. I smelled and sampled a few of the products, and everything was just too strong for me :(. I've heard they work wonders, but I just dislike the smells. 

We got our first LUSH a few year ago or possibly months ago, either way it had been AGES (college) since I had been in one; and that was the first thing that hit me. It smells chemically, too. I think I must have previously built up soap smell immunity. 

Oh my god, Lord of Misrule shower cream is my go to. I can't get over that beautiful patchouli and black pepper <3 So good!

@Maggie Mae Smell immunity is definitely a thing, my grandmom used to use a lot of perfume and never noticed just how much she used. As far as chemicals go, I'm pretty okay with some chemicals, I just hate the smell of others. 

Archived