IGNORED

LUSH

ShepherdontheRock

Am I the only person on here that LOVES Lush products?

If not, what are y'alls faves?

I am OBSESSES with the Mmm melt(the big pink marshmallow), the mango melt, and the avobath bomb. On the suggestion of an employee I've mixed a half of a mango melt bar in with half an avobath bomb and loved it.

I've recently started trying the shampoo bars and like them more than I thought I would.

I've used Dream Cream and Dream Wash, Ocean Salt  Scrub, Cinnamon Shampoo Bar, R&B hair Cream, Lemon Flutter and various bath bombs. I really like Lush. 

1 hour ago, donnal said:

I've recently started trying the shampoo bars and like them more than I thought I would.

I've had FABULOUS experiences with both Seanik and Jason and the Argan Oil solid shampoos.

The solid conditioners are a bit of a different story- BIG always ends up melting into a paste rather than solid, and Jungle only really works when I have shorter hair. But I love Veganese.

Angels on Bare Skin is one of my go to face cleansers.

Also, anything in the Yuzu and Cocoa or Rose Jam scents...

Lush shampoo is the only thing that saved my hair. A few years ago, for some reason I started getting this greasy buildup on the back of my hair that would not go away, no matter what. It wasn't oil - it was like the shampoo wasn't rinsing out. I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed in the shower. I rinsed in hot water, cold water, lukewarm water. I switched shampoos about 80 thousand times. I got a better showerhead because I thought it might be the water pressure. I tried multiple different professional/organic clarifying shampoos. I stopped using conditioner. 

Finally I tried Big from Lush because I had used it before and liked it. And it literally saved my hair. The buildup completely disappeared overnight and hasn't returned. I'm about to switch to Seanik (which I've used before as well), because they say you should switch up shampoos now and then. 

If you use a shampoo bar, make sure you get the tin to keep it in, otherwise it will melt/go all gooey in your shower.

I just started using Happy Happy Joy Joy conditioner, and it seems to be doing its job. I used Veganese before, and I really liked it. It has a nice smell.

love The Olive Branch shower gel. It smells amazing. But I never buy it because I just can't justify the cost. I think my favourite Lush scent is Karma - but again, the cost.

My sister used to work at Lush, so she'd get me all this stuff with her discount. Now I have to limit myself to only the things I need, AKA the hair stuff. 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

If you use a shampoo bar, make sure you get the tin to keep it in, otherwise it will melt/go all gooey in your shower.

I've actually found I prefer using their empty face-masked size black pots. The tin never quite worked out for me.

2 minutes ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

I've actually found I prefer using their empty face-masked size black pots. The tin never quite worked out for me.

Oh, that's a good idea too! Basically... just put it in something! :pb_biggrin:

I used to be obsessed with the "dreamtime" bath melt, but I just cant justify $4/bath to really enjoy it.  I really like their products, but I've found that I have to take a shower after using them because there is so much crap stuck to me!

I love LUSH! 

Bubble bars 

granny takes a dip  , brightside, pop in the bath 

Bath Bombs 

Intergalactic,Frozen,Dragons egg

Soap 

Sandstone

Seasonal I stocked up on

Shower gel ( I use as shampoo) Snow fairy

Soap Baked Alaska 

10 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I used to be obsessed with the "dreamtime" bath melt, but I just cant justify $4/bath to really enjoy it.  I really like their products, but I've found that I have to take a shower after using them because there is so much crap stuck to me!

Frozen isn't too bad 

I love lush!!! In the past, I have used Angels on Bare skin face wash, it was amazing.  I also used Ultrabland, which takes some adjusting, but turned out to be great as well.  I am currently using Skin Drink moisterizer for my face. I also love the lip scrubs.  Oh and I have the coffee face mask, I dont love the smell but oh well.  And I've used some of the bath bombs but I dont take baths very often.

I'm really tempted to try more LUSH perfumes. So far I have LUST and it smells good. Now I want Breath of God and Death and Decay.

I love the Honey, I Washed My Hair and Copperhead shampoo bars. Copperhead is great for color-treated hair, as it doesn't strip the color.

On 2/2/2016 at 4:56 PM, Buzzard said:

I chop them up. Dreamtime usually lasts me 2 - 3 baths. Bubble bars last forever, I just break off a little bit, put it in a sieve and run the showerhead over it at a pretty high pressure. You can get an awful lot of bubbles that way from a fraction of the bar.
I've also been known to chop up seasonal bath bombs when I want them to last, that doesn't work as well though! 

I have very dry and sensitive skin (plus contact allergy to citrus oils) and lush products are basically the only reason I haven't scratched all my skin off.
My routine products are:
Angels on Bare Skin Cleanser
Buffy Body Butter
Full of Grace solid moisturiser
Squeaky Green Shampoo bar (now discontinued)
New Shampoo Bar
Snake oil scalp treatment (discontinued, available on lush kitchen every 6 months or so)

I love the spicy or flowery scents. My favourite product is the lord of misrule bath bomb and shower cream. I stock up every year!

ETA: I've also used the caca rouge henna hair dye to good effect on mid - light brown hair,

31 minutes ago, RMB863 said:

I chop them up. Dreamtime usually lasts me 2 - 3 baths. Bubble bars last forever, I just break off a little bit, put it in a sieve and run the showerhead over it at a pretty high pressure. You can get an awful lot of bubbles that way from a fraction of the bar.
I've also been known to chop up seasonal bath bombs when I want them to last, that doesn't work as well though! 

How small of a fraction are we talking here?

I'm just curious, because obviously bars like the comforter can get more baths than the bubbleroons.

Just now, ShepherdontheRock said:

How small of a fraction are we talking here?

I'm just curious, because obviously bars like the comforter can get more baths than the bubbleroons.

Typically I can get 6 or so baths from a bubbleroon. You only need 1 or 2 cm, break it off crumble it up a bit and pop it in the sieve. The idea is to get the bubblebar in contact with as much water as possible without melting it too quickly.

Just now, RMB863 said:

Typically I can get 6 or so baths from a bubbleroon. You only need 1 or 2 cm, break it off crumble it up a bit and pop it in the sieve. The idea is to get the bubblebar in contact with as much water as possible without melting it too quickly.

Okay, I'll definitely have to try this when I have higher water pressure. Unfortunately, I don't think the water pressure is quite high enough in my apartment right now.

19 hours ago, RMB863 said:

Yay I'm not the only one who rations! I can get about 4 uses out of a bath bomb. 5 (typical) -20 (brightside) from bubble bar depending on which one it is. Fun travels extremely well and is a great bubble bath if you put it in nylon 

i've heard a lot about lush, but have never used any of their products, though they do intrigue me. are there any products that are like "OMG YOU MUST TRY THIS!" ? i'm pretty open to trying anything.

How compatible are Lush products for people with eczema?  My husband has horrible eczema, and I have tried so many different products (right now black soap and Dr Bronners seem to be tolerable), but we have not found a good shampoo that won't irritate his scalp - and I am wondering if they have any nice soaps that won't dry out his skin?  

I am super intrigued, because I recently read their code of ethics on their site, and I'm very impressed.  Lush seems like a company I would like to support. 

9 hours ago, browncoatslytherin said:

i've heard a lot about lush, but have never used any of their products, though they do intrigue me. are there any products that are like "OMG YOU MUST TRY THIS!" ? i'm pretty open to trying anything.

I love the intergalactic bath bomb,Frozen Bath Bomb and Brightside bubble bar

On 2/5/2016 at 0:47 PM, treehugger said:

How compatible are Lush products for people with eczema?  My husband has horrible eczema, and I have tried so many different products (right now black soap and Dr Bronners seem to be tolerable), but we have not found a good shampoo that won't irritate his scalp - and I am wondering if they have any nice soaps that won't dry out his skin?  

I am super intrigued, because I recently read their code of ethics on their site, and I'm very impressed.  Lush seems like a company I would like to support. 

I'm not sure, but I would suggest browsing their site to see if a shampoo or soap seem good (they post ingredients, and I believe you can browse based on skin type or hair type, etc.  There are lots of reviews on the website, too, so you can read what other people think about the product.  I also like to just go into the store and talk to the salesperson and tell them what I'm looking for, and they are really good at recommending something.  They give out samples like candy, so if you don't want to commit to buying something, especially if you are worried how his skin will react, definitely ask for samples.

On 2/5/2016 at 0:47 PM, treehugger said:

Their shampoo/hair products in general are actually often formulated to be very good to the scalp. And they have such a wide variety of soaps you're bound to find something that works. And yeah, like @RabbitKM says, they give out a SHIT TON of samples.

@browncoatslytherin my answer to you would depend on what kinds of scents you like/what your skin type is/what your hair type is. But I like Angels on Bare Skin (good for many skin types) and am currently obsessed with the Yuzu and Cocoa shower cream/bubble bar. If I were you, I'd just go into the nearest Lush shop, and ask someone to show you around/test products on you.

I've never been to a LUSH store. I've only ever dreamed of it .... I don't think there are any in Michigan, least not anywhere near me. 

• 1 month later...

Dreams do come true.  A few days ago, after a couple beers at the bar, me and the boyfriend walked into Lush and got: 

• Sex Bomb (which we already used... it smells amazing and leaves the water a beautiful pink)
  • Twilight Bath Bomb
  • Twilight Shower Gel
  • French Kiss Bubble Bomb

I am so excited to try the bubble bomb! 

@treehugger did you ever try anything for eczema? I was doing some browsing online yesterday (not for that specifically) and I saw that Sympathy for the Skin lotion had some reviews for eczema.

• 2 weeks later...

Man I went to a LUSH yesterday. I was so overwhelmed. I didn't buy anything because I just couldn't decide what to get! It smells like soapy heaven in there. 

Archived