IGNORED

Jessa, Ben & Spurgeon Part 3

Boogalou

Oh, they will just get Mac, or Jordyn, or some other girl in the family to take that over, servants' hearts and all that jazz.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

When the money dries up or they have too many mouths to feed, diaper and HS at once, in addition to needing to work J-O-Bs (It's a "J" word, they must be familiar with how to look up the meaning in the dictionary), those kids will have to go to school or be educated by someone who might be a stranger.

That assumes that the mothers would be forced to work outside the home.  I don't see it as very likely.  Ben will be forced to get a real job and they will live less well, but unless Jessa decides that she wants a career and they go Fundie lite, they will homeschool.

The kids will be semi-literate, but Arkansas doesn't seem to care.

Actually, the scenario that is most likely to get those kids in regular school is if the state suddenly starts caring about homeschoolers and puts the kids who are falling behind academically in the public schools.  But I am not holding my breath.

23 hours ago, SassyPants said:

3rd grade teacher:

Spur

Spurg

Spurg-e-on SEEwald?

Here.

How do you pronounce your name, son?

Spurgeon.

Is that a family name?

No- my dad was a 20yo, sideways baseball cap wearing newbie at the time I was born, and my mom lost a lot of blood. 

I think the guy was famous or special or French. According to my mom, WALLA.

The "good" thing is that anyone who knows the word sturgeon will know how to pronounce spurgeon.

20 hours ago, SassyPants said:

When the money dries up or they have too many mouths to feed, diaper and HS at once, in addition to needing to work J-O-Bs (It's a "J" word, they must be familiar with how to look up the meaning in the dictionary), those kids will have to go to school or be educated by someone who might be a stranger.

Eh, living in Arkansas in a house with no mortgage they can probably get by on one person's salary. I can't imagine Jessa ever getting a job, no matter how desperate they get.

1 hour ago, twinmama said:

The "good" thing is that anyone who knows the word sturgeon will know how to pronounce spurgeon.

Eh, living in Arkansas in a house with no mortgage they can probably get by on one person's salary. I can't imagine Jessa ever getting a job, no matter how desperate they get.

Hangs head in shame.

At first glance I thought it was pronounced:

Spurg-e-on

1 hour ago, twinmama said:

They own a house with no mortgage?

Since when?

They're in grandma Mary's house. No mortgage, but doesn't belong to them. Wonder if they're paying rent.

Funny how people on here kept mentioning how Blessa doesn't post enough pictures of her AND Spurgey and there it is on instgram a couple of days later. A picture of her with the little guy. :my_cool:

20 minutes ago, MakeItSo said:

Funny how people on here kept mentioning how Blessa doesn't post enough pictures of her AND Spurgey and there it is on instgram a couple of days later. A picture of her with the little guy. :my_cool:

Good Lord he looks like Izzy.

Those JB genes are strong- that man even controls genes.

so does that mean both the edgy preacher and Blessa read on here :D

and the edgy preacher actually posted on his instagram account three photos -and the picture of spud with Jessa is cute

but get ready for a raven picture from Spud's father any moment soon - that or he knows he can't cut it as an edgy preacher and has accepted his life as a Duggar brother. 

12 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Good Lord he looks like Izzy.

Those JB genes are strong- that man even controls genes.

not really imo - he has Jessa's lips it looks like 

Izzy it seems is more manly - opposed to Spud who looks like a mini jessa imo 

I feel bad for these kids and their Jim Perv genes. Hopefully Spurge starts looking more like Ben. That's a set up.

4 hours ago, nst said:

not really imo - he has Jessa's lips it looks like 

Izzy it seems is more manly - opposed to Spud who looks like a mini jessa imo 

He's even giving the Blue Steel face in the picture with her. Gotta admit, he's a very cute, expressive baby.

6 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

They're in grandma Mary's house. No mortgage, but doesn't belong to them. Wonder if they're paying rent.

Boob takes it out of Ben's allowance. :my_blush:

Weighing in with my opinion: I think the Spurge is cute! In these recent pics he sometimes looks like Jessa (esp. around the mouth) but sometimes he looks so much like Izzy!

Spurge is a lot cuter than Izzy, IMO. Mostly because he doesn't have as much of a JB look.

Did anyone else kind of lol at that photo of Ben, JD, Josiah, and Joseph captured "Duggar boys" Bee isn't a Seewald, he's a Duggar. He should've taken Jessa's last name. 

His surname is all that boy owns. No real job, limited education, and dependent on JB to feed and clothe his wife and child. He does of course, have a big ego and delusions of being an inspiring preacher.

3 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

His surname is all that boy owns. No real job, limited education, and dependent on JB to feed and clothe his wife and child. He does of course, have a big ego and delusions of being an inspiring preacher.

That boy needs to learn how to use of raincoat.

There is no place in America or the world for 38 versions of 19 kids and whatevering. {if all the Bateses and Duggarlings think that uncontrolled fertility without any education, skill or income source is a viable option}.

4 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

He's not seen w/Jessa b/c She's taking the pictures.

From what I can tell from Jessa's instagram (which is admittedly limited), she seems quite enamored of her little Spurgeon.  The short videos have her talking and interacting with him, and him responding.  He does seem well fed, happy, and getting a lot of attention from his mama.  No idea if Ben is as fascinated by the little guy.

22 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

From what I can tell from Jessa's instagram (which is admittedly limited), she seems quite enamored of her little Spurgeon.  The short videos have her talking and interacting with him, and him responding.  He does seem well fed, happy, and getting a lot of attention from his mama.  No idea if Ben is as fascinated by the little guy.

The CollegeHumor "Frat Boy Dad" sketch comes to mind.

Wow.  Jessa could pass for a Kardashian on that instagram post.  She'd got the full on peek-a-boo bangs and eyeliner going strong.  If she weren't a Duggar she would have been a prime candidate for a Bachelorette reality show.  She really is a pretty woman.

On February 1, 2016 at 8:41 PM, SassyPants said:

3rd grade teacher:

Spur

Spurg

Spurg-e-on SEEwald?

Here.

How do you pronounce your name, son?

Spurgeon.

Is that a family name?

No- my dad was a 20yo, sideways baseball cap wearing newbie at the time I was born, and my mom lost a lot of blood. 

I think the guy was famous or special or French. According to my mom, WALLA.

I'm just catching up here but wanted to pop in to tell you that this may be my favourite post of yours, @SassyPants.  Yes, I enjoyed it very much.

5 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

she also seems a little calmer with him than Jill does with Izzy 

40 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

I'm just catching up here but wanted to pop in to tell you that this may be my favourite post of yours, @SassyPants.  Yes, I enjoyed it very much.

Ah, TY :)

They could call him Geon (John) or Geonni. It would be a horribly misspelled and terribly pronounced reminder of honeymooning in France and Italy. And then if this gig falls apart he could go on a revival of Jersey Shore ... kind of an IBLT/breaking Amish premise.

Part of me can't wait until they are pregnant with baby #2 and we can try to guess what the next kid will be named.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived