IGNORED

Jessa, Ben & Spurgeon Part 3

Boogalou

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone just posted one of those "worst baby names ever" articles going around Facebook and I full on expected Spurgeon to be on it. It wasn't. But Evol (which is love spelled backwards) was. Way to name your kid evil. 

1 hour ago, twinmama said:

Someone just posted one of those "worst baby names ever" articles going around Facebook and I full on expected Spurgeon to be on it. It wasn't. But Evol (which is love spelled backwards) was. Way to name your kid evil. 

And after an organic food brand that is rapidly growing.  If their growth continues, by the time that kid is 5, you might as well have named them Spaghetti-O.    

1 hour ago, twinmama said:

I keep seeing these too. I think the list creators just can't imagine that spurgeon is a real name, so no use adding it.   I'm not sure what name we'll decide on for this baby, but I know what it won't be.....

Evol. Yes, one of the grossest frozen meals I've ever bought was this gem (and note the lack of truth in advertising..):

20150713_124315.jpg

9 minutes ago, Chicken bones said:

Evol. Yes, one of the grossest frozen meals I've ever bought was this gem (and note the lack of truth in advertising..):

20150713_124315.jpg

Yuck!! I love their steak bowls and chicken enchilada bowls. Haven't seen the street tacos, but I think I'll stay away from them :my_confused:

12 minutes ago, Chicken bones said:

20150713_124315.jpg

I can't imagine that tasting good even if it was made fresh!

:in_my_humble_opinion:

1 hour ago, Jingercat said:

Yuck!! I love their steak bowls and chicken enchilada bowls. Haven't seen the street tacos, but I think I'll stay away from them :my_confused:

@Jingercat,  I believe I'd send that picture to the company and point out that what you got looks nothing like the picture on the box.  

Oops, that should have been directed @Chicken bones, I believe.

53 minutes ago, Chicken bones said:

20150713_124315.jpg

Yikes. I've never had anything that I like from that company but just figured I hadn't found the good stuff yet. Youve just convinced me to quit trying.

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

@Jingercat,  I believe I'd send that picture to the company and point out that what you got looks nothing like the picture on the box.  

Oops, that should have been directed @Chicken bones, I believe.

I did write them. I mentioned that it looked like nothing more than a turd in a tortilla.  

4 hours ago, Chicken bones said:

I did write them. I mentioned that it looked like nothing more than a turd in a tortilla.  

You could have fluffed those a little, you know? 

(I am still laughing so hard right now. Thanks for posting that gem of a picture.)

When it comes to naming your child things that aren't names (surnames maybe, but not first names):

Evol >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spurgeon.

At least little Evol can go by "Ev" or "Evie" as a cute nick name and will probably enjoy being called "evil" during some emo teenage phase.  There is NOTHING that can be done to save the detestable "name" that is Spurgeon.

Ugh, seriously, such a gross name.  But, names can be changed if (lol more like when) he grows up and hates it.  Elliot is a nice name, at least.

I think they'll call him Spur. Which is still pretty daft in my humble opinion, but about a gazillion times better than Spurgeon.

Spur wears a cowboy hat. He gallops horses very fast across prairies. He falls in love with Betsy at the feed store and they build a log cabin on Ole Abe's land, high up where the grizzlies roam. 

16 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

I think they'll call him Spur. Which is still pretty daft in my humble opinion, but about a gazillion times better than Spurgeon.

Spur wears a cowboy hat. He gallops horses very fast across prairies. He falls in love with Betsy at the feed store and they build a log cabin on Ole Abe's land, high up where the grizzlies roam. 

I guess I must have run through nicknames for the wee one because I have taken to calling him G or Ge like Chris O'Donnell's character on NCIS-LA.  There are not great nickname options, but there is hope.

Plus, it cracks me up thinking about the M kids seeing him and saying "what up, G".  

8 hours ago, Ursula said:

When it comes to naming your child things that aren't names (surnames maybe, but not first names):

Evol >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spurgeon.

At least little Evol can go by "Ev" or "Evie" as a cute nick name and will probably enjoy being called "evil" during some emo teenage phase.  There is NOTHING that can be done to save the detestable "name" that is Spurgeon.

Ugh, seriously, such a gross name.  But, names can be changed if (lol more like when) he grows up and hates it.  Elliot is a nice name, at least.

I do wonder if they call him "Spurgeon" at home? Really there is no palatable version of that name, which is why it was a particularly unfortunate choice.

13 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I do wonder if they call him "Spurgeon" at home? Really there is no palatable version of that name, which is why it was a particularly unfortunate choice.

In the South, boys named Marion are often called "Ma'on" which is pronounced something like a drawled "man."

If I were the Seewalds, I'd do something similar and call him "S'eon" which could be drawled to sound like "son."   Not a bad nickname for a first born boy.   

But my guess is that his real nickname is yet to evolve.  Maybe he will be known by what Josie, Mackynzie and Izzie call him.    Or by what Dillard baby number 2 will first lisp in 2 or 3 years.

If his middle name is Elliot, he can just go by that. Plenty of people have first names that are only ever used on paper work. Heck, he can even go by Quincy, which has meaning to his family and is kind of cute. All I will say about his actual name is THANK GOD he will never set foot in public school. He would have endless torment over that stupid name.

Here in Australia, I like the updated list of Bogan baby names that comes out every year.

Australia has a huge bogan problem and they keep breeding. Unfortunately, our taxes continue to get higher because our welfare system is squeezed to the brink with people who NEED genuine assistance and bogans who rort the system.

When TLC dumps the Duggars, which they will one day, little Spurgie's parents may have to get jobs and put him in public school. At which point, he would be wise to become Elliott.

3rd grade teacher:

Spur

Spurg

Spurg-e-on SEEwald?

Here.

How do you pronounce your name, son?

Spurgeon.

Is that a family name?

No- my dad was a 20yo, sideways baseball cap wearing newbie at the time I was born, and my mom lost a lot of blood. 

I think the guy was famous or special or French. According to my mom, WALLA.

21 hours ago, Chicken bones said:

Please let us know if and what they write back.  I'd love to see their explanation.

30 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

3rd grade teacher:

Spur

Spurg

Spurg-e-on SEEwald?

Here.

How do you pronounce your name, son?

Spurgeon.

Is that a family name?

No- my dad was a 20yo, sideways baseball cap wearing newbie at the time I was born, and my mom lost a lot of blood. 

I think the guy was famous or special or French. According to my mom, WALLA.

and you think he will be allowed to go to a public / private school 

are you having another funny dream :D 

2 hours ago, nst said:

and you think he will be allowed to go to a public / private school 

are you having another funny dream :D 

When the money dries up or they have too many mouths to feed, diaper and HS at once, in addition to needing to work J-O-Bs (It's a "J" word, they must be familiar with how to look up the meaning in the dictionary), those kids will have to go to school or be educated by someone who might be a stranger.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived