IGNORED

Jill, Derick, and Israel Part 12

Boogalou

6 minutes ago, paulypepper said:

On the topic of feet...does anyone remember this site with Jessa's feet? http://www.wikifeet.com/Jessa_Duggar

Proving that the internet IS stranger than fiction :pb_lol: (she rated 4 and7/8 stars!!!!) Go Girl!

The Duggar girls' belief that feet are sexy could come from hanging around their guru Bill Gothard, who is known to have a foot fetish.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/inside-duggar-mentor-sex-abuse-lawsuit-bill-gothard-raped-teen-office-rubbed-feetinside-duggar-mentor-sex-abuse-lawsuit-bill-gothard-raped-teen-office-rubbed-feet/

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually knew someone with a foot fetish. It was sooooooooooo freaking creepy. It was even creepier when he would secretly try to take feet pictures with his phone. 

1 hour ago, DuggarWatch said:

The Duggar girls' belief that feet are sexy could come from hanging around their guru Bill Gothard, who is known to have a foot fetish.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/inside-duggar-mentor-sex-abuse-lawsuit-bill-gothard-raped-teen-office-rubbed-feetinside-duggar-mentor-sex-abuse-lawsuit-bill-gothard-raped-teen-office-rubbed-feet/

I never understood why it was ok to walk around with no shoes or socks on 

and in front of Ben it just stumped me 

on top of that - toes are like sensual - so it was teasing him 

i never saw Michelle not have shoes on - she always had them on 

I really don't get the feet being sexy thing. They're just feet. They smell and look weird, because they're feet. I walk around barefoot pretty much whenever I can get away with it, and I don't think anything of it. 

Are the countries in South America doing anything to loosen the restrictions on birth control or abortions? It's seems silly to me that they tell these women to prevent pregnancy until 2018 and then offer no help other than "Don't have sex."

I'm worried they will start to blame the women for getting pregnant despite knowing the risks even though the odds are stacked against them, and the government has done nothing to help. It's not like these women can go to their local PP clinic and get an IUD to have taken out in 2018 or later. 

What I'm really nervous about is if they don't loosen their abortion restrictions, there will be a lot of women getting hurt or killed in botched back alley abortion procedures. Or quacks cropping up to take advantage of the situation offering to give "safe" abortions for cash and then doing a lot of damage.

13 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

Are the countries in South America doing anything to loosen the restrictions on birth control or abortions? It's seems silly to me that they tell these women to prevent pregnancy until 2018 and then offer no help other than "Don't have sex."

I'm worried they will start to blame the women for getting pregnant despite knowing the risks even though the odds are stacked against them, and the government has done nothing to help. It's not like these women can go to their local PP clinic and get an IUD to have taken out in 2018 or later. 

What I'm really nervous about is if they don't loosen their abortion restrictions, there will be a lot of women getting hurt or killed in botched back alley abortion procedures. Or quacks cropping up to take advantage of the situation offering to give "safe" abortions for cash and then doing a lot of damage.

My daughter lives in So America. At her first OB appt when she was PG, they asked if she would be getting a tubal post delivery [she was 27 and it was her first child]- They sterilize women like crazy in many of those countries.

@sophie10130,  a number of international public health agencies are urging them to change their policies and attitudes regarding contraception and abortion.   I think the WHO is among those agencies.

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

My daughter lives in So America. At her first OB appt when she was PG, they asked if she would be getting a tubal post delivery [she was 27 and it was her first child]- They sterilize women like crazy in many of those countries.

That was the other thing I was thinking about! I hope they didn't pressure her too much. I just think this situation is ripe for the possibility of a terrifying disaster. Back alley abortions, pressure for sterilization or being sterilized against their will, blaming women for getting pregnant, and so on. I just hope change for the better comes quickly before women are taken advantage of.

1 minute ago, PennySycamore said:

@sophie10130,  a number of international public health agencies are urging them to change their policies and attitudes regarding contraception and abortion.   I think the WHO is among those agencies.

I did see that, but I didn't hear if any of the countries had adopted any of the policy changes or not. 

16 hours ago, socalrules said:

I have never thought of anything sexual as it relates to foot washing in the Catholic Church or any church, not even when thinking about people with foot fetishes. I guess that is because I don't think about religion and sex together. 

I certainly never thought of it as sexual or anything. I thought of it as just one of those things that kinda suck, but that's just life. Yeah, sometimes you have to wash your classmate's feet. Sometimes your nun teacher makes all the girls stay in from recess every day for weeks and sit in a circle on the floor with a candle lit in the middle, to learn about "Family Life" (sex ed). Sometimes you get detention for the first and only time in your life for not taking your sweater off when the teacher instructed everyone to take off their sweaters, because she felt it was too warm for sweaters, but you were chilly.

As time went on I started to realize how creepy and distasteful this all was. I was never actually on board with it before, but I just thought of it as a normal sucky part of life, like an ingrown toenail or a traffic jam. But the schools I went to weren't all that good at indoctrination. I don't think it was really for lack of trying, I think it was more for lack of skill. And my mom, as much as she likes to consider herself Catholic, only really goes through the motions sometimes. So my life was just a mix of regular things and hardcore religious things, which made it fairly easy to mostly make sense of it all eventually (you see there are a lot of qualifiers there), although I do still think there was some lasting harm from it. I can't imagine being raised with all religion all the time, like the Duggars and their ilk.

ETA: Just to be clear about the sweater incident, since it would seem like there must have been more to it: there wasn't. It wasn't like I was defiant or disrespectful about it, nor had I ever, EVER had a single discipline problem. I was SUCH a goody-goody at the time. We were told to take our sweaters off, and I was too quiet and shy to try to explain that I was actually cold, but I also (wrongly) thought that it must be more of a suggestion than a command, so I just simply kept my sweater on and would have explained if asked. Instead I got detention, and felt absolutely humiliated and demoralized. This was in the '90s, btw.

3 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I actually knew someone with a foot fetish. It was sooooooooooo freaking creepy. It was even creepier when he would secretly try to take feet pictures with his phone. 

When I was out dancing at a big college nightclub years ago, I danced with a guy who whispered that he'd like to kiss and caress my feet.  I scampered back to my friends feeling fairly creeped out (which is mostly due to being very young and having never encountered someone with a foot fetish before).  But seriously, that's not really a good thing to bring up to a random girl you've never even spoken to before.  (And it is an invasion of other people's privacy/personal space to secretly photograph them or parts of them.)

Wow @Coy Koi, I am sorry you had to go through that. I went to Catholic school and my experience was so wonderful I will send my kids there, should I have any, in a heartbeat. I just assumed it was the norm when I started reading FJ. FJ has taught me that the experience of pretty much anything really varies based on school, location, time frame, people, etc. 

On 2/7/2016 at 10:28 AM, DuggarWatch said:

A woman in Virginia contracted the Zika virus after a November mission trip to Guatemala:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3432301/Virginia-mother-battling-Zika-virus-mission-trip-Guatemala.html

More than 3,000 pregnant women in Brazil are known to be infected.  And, new information proves that the virus can be transmitted by blood transfusion, sex and saliva.  Babies born to infected mothers have misshapen heads, deformed brains, and may develop blindness and paralysis.

Rather than discuss this emergency affecting people in Central America, Jill and Derick are painting toenails.  

REALLLLLLY snarky here:  BUT toooooo many of these so-called  "mission" trips  just make the "missionary" feel sanctified.  Too bad, honey.  Shit happens.  Now you truly know what it's like to live in Guatemala.  Deal with it.

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

http://www.vocativ.com/news/279293/pregnant-zika-victims-will-be-given-access-to-abortions-at-sea/

2 hours ago, gustava said:

REALLLLLLY snarky here:  BUT toooooo many of these so-called  "mission" trips  just make the "missionary" feel sanctified.  Too bad, honey.  Shit happens.  Now you truly know what it's like to live in Guatemala.  Deal with it.

http://www.vocativ.com/news/279293/pregnant-zika-victims-will-be-given-access-to-abortions-at-sea/

THANK YOU! They continually pat themselves on the back over their willingness to "serve" in such a "dangerous" area, and people want them to leave when there's an actual danger and not something their racist White Savior asses made up? To hell with that. 

I don't want them to leave. I just don't want them to dismiss the danger or tell the women there that they don't have to worry about the zika virus because God will take care of everything if they only subscribe to their version of Christianity. Jill has already demonstrated that she thinks she is practically a doctor and knows everything. I am afraid that she will impart false information that someone may rely on to tragic consequences. The information about the virus is still developing and these are not the people who should be in any kind of position of authority.

One night while at work, we found that website rating celebrities' feet. Hoda Kotb had a huge following and was ranked very high.

We find very weird things at work. You don't wanna know.

@Trynn, you only know how to knit socks?  I'm impressed!  Socks aren't the easiest things in the world to knit.

Well, I also tried to knit a scarf once, but I have a short attention span. Also, it's kind of like..... I got a book on how to crochet socks, so I also had to start knitting socks.

I've been doing it for so long it's really easy to me. I knitted a sweater once, but yarn for those is so expensive (I'm a yarn snob, I refuse to use anything more than 50% acrylic.)

So it's a long story. I'm kind of capable of knitting other things, but really the only thing I know how to do for sure is socks.

22 minutes ago, Trynn said:

Well, I also tried to knit a scarf once, but I have a short attention span. Also, it's kind of like..... I got a book on how to crochet socks, so I also had to start knitting socks.

I've been doing it for so long it's really easy to me. I knitted a sweater once, but yarn for those is so expensive (I'm a yarn snob, I refuse to use anything more than 50% acrylic.)

So it's a long story. I'm kind of capable of knitting other things, but really the only thing I know how to do for sure is socks.

I love knitting socks! and I'm a yarn snob too :) (In fact, I'm going to a knitting conference on Friday this week!!!)

7 minutes ago, karen77 said:

I love knitting socks! and I'm a yarn snob too :) (In fact, I'm going to a knitting conference on Friday this week!!!)

excellent 

I am taking an instagram course :D

23 hours ago, nst said:

I never understood why it was ok to walk around with no shoes or socks on 

and in front of Ben it just stumped me 

on top of that - toes are like sensual - so it was teasing him 

i never saw Michelle not have shoes on - she always had them on 

I think Michelle has hobbit feet, she always wears hideous orthopedic looking shoes.   Even to the weddings she had vile manly shoes on.

On 8.2.2016 at 3:52 AM, Chickenbutt said:

Interesting...kissing never crossed my mind.

Associated Press |

RIO DE JANEIRO — In a sign of mounting global concern over the Zika virus, health officials on Friday warned pregnant women to think twice about the lips they kiss and called on men to use condoms with pregnant partners if they have visited countries where the virus is present.

U.N. officials also called on many Catholic-majority countries in Latin America to loosen their abortion laws to allow women to terminate pregnancies if they fear the fetus may be at risk for a rare birth defect that causes brain damage and an abnormally small head, which may be linked to the virus.

If Jill were pregnant already, would Derick, according to Gothard, be allowed to use a condom in order to not pass on the virus (just in case he´d happen to have it and she didn´t)? While it admittedly is an evil condom, it would obviously not be evil bc ´cause she´d be pregnant already, so...:confusion-shrug:

I suppose we will never know because that case is probably not being covered in the Gothard material, I just cannot help wondering.

(Besides, my question probably just serves to show that I am such a worldly unbelieving heathen... It would probably be a non-issue to them because if Jebus chooses to protect the righteous he obviously would not be in need of a lousy condom in order to accomplish that. :naughty:)

On 2/7/2016 at 11:29 AM, Mothership said:

True, but if I recall, Jill's birth issue was the position of Izzy (transverse?). Maybe, I'm remembering incorrectly.  

Dear god, was he really?? One of my twins was transverse for a long time and my ribs hurt so badly from it. And he was 2lb when he was born. Izzy was like 5 times that! That must have been uncomfortable, to say the least!!!

2 hours ago, Apricot said:

I think Michelle has hobbit feet, she always wears hideous orthopedic looking shoes.   Even to the weddings she had vile manly shoes on.

Not saying this is the case for Michelle, but I have trouble with my feet (most likely from years of wearing heels and/or wedge sandals every single day).  It's not just that I can't wear even the slightest heel or wedge.  My shoe choices have narrowed down to a good pair of Avia walking shoes or Sketchers Go Walk slip ons, with cushion insoles.  If it's a dressier occasion, I have a navy skirt that hits halfway between the knee and the ankle and my navy Sketchers and I just hope people don't pay too close attention to me :)

I wouldn't be surprised if Michelle has foot problems and maybe those unattractive shoes are the only ones that she can wear all day and still be comfortable.

3 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

Not saying this is the case for Michelle, but I have trouble with my feet (most likely from years of wearing heels and/or wedge sandals every single day).  It's not just that I can't wear even the slightest heel or wedge.  My shoe choices have narrowed down to a good pair of Avia walking shoes or Sketchers Go Walk slip ons, with cushion insoles.  If it's a dressier occasion, I have a navy skirt that hits halfway between the knee and the ankle and my navy Sketchers and I just hope people don't pay too close attention to me :)

I wouldn't be surprised if Michelle has foot problems and maybe those unattractive shoes are the only ones that she can wear all day and still be comfortable.

Is it possible that all those decades of constant pregnancies ruined Michelle's feet? 

12 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Is it possible that all those decades of constant pregnancies ruined Michelle's feet? 

I think it's possible that could have at least something to do with it, if indeed she does have problems with her feet.  Life is hard on our feet and the longer we live, the more likely we'll have some sort of foot issues.  Add in all those pregnancies and the normal wear and tear on a body those would cause.

1 hour ago, EmmieJ said:

I think it's possible that could have at least something to do with it, if indeed she does have problems with her feet.  Life is hard on our feet and the longer we live, the more likely we'll have some sort of foot issues.  Add in all those pregnancies and the normal wear and tear on a body those would cause.

Your feet can definitely get bigger from pregnancy.  They don't get smaller after the baby either, unlike your breasts or your tummy.  In my case, I don't mind too much because it's a bit easier to shop for shoes as my feet aren't so tiny.  

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived