IGNORED

Jill, Derick, and Israel Part 12

Boogalou

On 2/6/2016 at 8:47 PM, Valerie3kids said:

I just had to laugh as she has her last name on the zipper case of polish. Just in case anyone forgot she got married and is now a Dillard!

I thought about this too, but then I remembered that all the older Duggar girls had their nails done at the same time when she got it - and it's not like she could mark it with "JD" and expect that to clarify whose it was.

(Now that I think about it, it's not like Jill has shared a room with any of the other girls since then, that she would need to have her own possession so marked, so ignore me and carry on).

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope, that's why I said he'd never recommend anyone try it.   He would be amazing though, once she showed up at the hospital so Jesus   he could save her and the baby.  

As an RN, I'd rather clean up poop on a patient than touch their feet.  If I have a patient with feet problems, my co-workers know I'll do just about anything to trade and/or switch assignments.  

The day after my C-section, a nurses' assistant was "giving me  a bath." When she got to my feet, she handed me the washcloth & said to wash my feet. It's not like I'd been walking in cow pies or anything. I had an 8" vertical incision in my belly. How was I going to wash my feet?? I got up, took my iv pole & got in the shower.

Who hires these ppl?!

See, I wouldn't do that. I'm trying to get into the nursing program, and if it was my job, well, I'd have to suck it up and deal with it. But yes, that is the part of my job I'd hate the most.

I think this is why I only know how to knit socks. Gotta cover up those feet, man!

...and yet when the Duggar brood was shopping for wedding shoes, Michelle said there were no modesty rules for feet. She didn't know Jill's feet were driving Derrick into a sexual frenzy.:my_biggrin:

13 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

The day after my C-section, a nurses' assistant was "giving me  a bath." When she got to my feet, she handed me the washcloth & said to wash my feet. It's not like I'd been walking in cow pies or anything. I had an 8" vertical incision in my belly. How was I going to wash my feet?? I got up, took my iv pole & got in the shower.

Who hires these ppl?!

What is it with feet?  I find them kind of boring myself, but they do seem to stir up strong emotions in some people.

But this talk of washing feet made me think of the Biblical precedent.  In Biblical times, when everyone was running around in sandals over dusty roads, washing the feet was a gesture of humility and nurturing.  It is a big deal when Jesus did it.

Fast forward to Derrick painting Jill's toenails.  Insofar as these people claim to live by "What Would Jesus Do?" maybe Derrick is symbolically being Christ-like. 

In spite of being Jill's "headship" he can show his nurture and humility by tending her feet. He doesn't wash them because that would just be too Biblical (and flip flops can make for biblically dirty feet), but painting the toenails is close enough, isn't it?

:happy-smileyinthebox:.           

It isn't as though these two do anything meaningful in their lives worthy of posting about. I wonder if the foot washing posts are their way of showing that they have a hot, sexy marriage. Jill is such a tigress that Derrick will do anything for her. I will show myself out now. 

He was painting her toe nails because Jill's hands were occupied by her Spanish language book. They were mulit-tasking.

14 hours ago, SassyPants said:

If the birth canal has already been navigated by a baby and safely delivered via the vaginia, and a c-section follows in a subsequent pregnancy, the likelihood (and MD willingness to attempt those future deliveries) of future deliveries being successful vaginal births increases dramatically.

Jill's issue is she does not have a proven birth canal- {plus she had a huge first baby}

(Not seeing many vaginal deliveries in her future. The odds are just against her.

True, but if I recall, Jill's birth issue was the position of Izzy (transverse?). Maybe, I'm remembering incorrectly.  

She's otherwise healthy, young and in good shape (obesity also plays into birth decisions). If she does manage to space the babies a little, I'd think she'd still be a good candidate for a VBAC.  She'd be foolish to attempt a home birth--especially one with an questionably trained birth attendant.

Also I love how Izzy is standing in the background of that nail painting pic. She doesn't even have an excuse in feeding him. She must think this is one of the most romantic gestures ever.

Well, he's not humping her from behind or bending her over for a gross kiss, which is her previous idea of  romance, and  she's never been with a anyone else, so what does she know. Like I said before, these fundie girls have severely (tm: JillR) low expectations.

We had to wash each others' feet in religion class at Catholic school once when I was in 6th grade. I thought it was kinda weird at the time, but it's only now that I'm remembering it again and realizing it was actually super weird.

6 hours ago, Mothership said:

True, but if I recall, Jill's birth issue was the position of Izzy (transverse?). Maybe, I'm remembering incorrectly.  

She's otherwise healthy, young and in good shape (obesity also plays into birth decisions). If she does manage to space the babies a little, I'd think she'd still be a good candidate for a VBAC.  She'd be foolish to attempt a home birth--especially one with an questionably trained birth attendant.

Yes, a change of the baby's position was mentioned- but the story details did change over the course of time, so who really knows.

Jesus washed feet.

11 minutes ago, Coy Koi said:

We had to wash each others' feet in religion class at Catholic school once when I was in 6th grade. I thought it was kinda weird at the time, but it's only now that I'm remembering it again and realizing it was actually super weird.

It was probably because of Maundy Thursday/The Last Supper. I remember my church doing that during Holy Week.

I think it was mentioned that the Pope washes feet......shortly after Francis was inaugurated he washed feet on Holy Thursday for young prisoners, and it was mentioned one was Muslim.

It is putting yourself in a position of humility. 

30 minutes ago, Coy Koi said:

We had to do it during church services.  I recall having to be the one to get mine washed and trying extremely hard not to bust out laughing as my feet are extremely ticklish.

Yeah, that's why I didn't find it that weird at the time, because I was used to Catholicism. Now, having been away from it so long, I see it from more of a distance and realize how weird some things actually were.

And there's no point in doing it with 6th graders anyway. We were all just saying it was gross, laughing, complaining, and making fun of each others' feet. Nobody was thinking about humility or Jesus.

Getting my feet washed in sunday school was my sexual awakening. I promised myself that it would not be the last time I got some dude on his knees worshipping my footsies.

1 hour ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I think it was mentioned that the Pope washes feet......shortly after Francis was inaugurated he washed feet on Holy Thursday for young prisoners, and it was mentioned one was Muslim.

It is putting yourself in a position of humility. 

The ritual of foot washing is definitely part of the Maundy Thursday ritual in commemoration of Jesus's act in the Catholic Church.  Priests and Bishops will wash feet as part of the Maundy Thursday mass.  And the current Pope broke the custom of washing only the feet of priests when he became Pope.

There is also a group of Baptists, the Primitive Baptists (The group that believes in Calvinist predestination), that are known as "foot-washing Baptists" because they wash each others' feet as part of (some of?) their communion services. ( I only know this because I read To Kill a Mockingbird. I have never met a self-identified foot washing Baptist.)

I do not think the Pope or the Foot-Washing Baptists will paint toe nails, but maybe Jill and Derrick can make it part of their ministry. 

Interesting...kissing never crossed my mind.

Associated Press |

RIO DE JANEIRO — In a sign of mounting global concern over the Zika virus, health officials on Friday warned pregnant women to think twice about the lips they kiss and called on men to use condoms with pregnant partners if they have visited countries where the virus is present.

U.N. officials also called on many Catholic-majority countries in Latin America to loosen their abortion laws to allow women to terminate pregnancies if they fear the fetus may be at risk for a rare birth defect that causes brain damage and an abnormally small head, which may be linked to the virus.

I once participated in a foot-washing ceremony voluntarily as an adult, at a Bible study. It was actually profoundly moving and not (for me) sexual at all.

The ceremony is based on a passage from John 13, where Jesus washes the feet of the disciples, then gives this lesson on humility: 

When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. “Do you understand what I have done for you?” he asked them. 13 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

I view foot-washing as a loving act of service for another.

Painting toenails, IMO can be the same. I think it's lovely of Derrick to do this. Personally if I were Jill, I wouldn't post it. Why bring the world into my intimate moments like this?

I have never thought of anything sexual as it relates to foot washing in the Catholic Church or any church, not even when thinking about people with foot fetishes. I guess that is because I don't think about religion and sex together. 

Regarding Jill waiting (LOLOLOLOL) two years post c-section to get knocked up again because that's a recommended safe amount of time between pregnancies after having your uterus cut open with a scalpel:

We are talking about a woman whose own mother was pregnant with said woman SEVEN MONTHS after birthing twins via c-section.  Who was then pregnant AGAIN (with Jessa) not long after the twins second birthday.  Who then had two HBACs with the following two Dug-Bots (Jinger and Joseph), all within five years of her first c-section.

These people will not wait.  These people will not prevent.  I am curious to see a new picture of Jill that shows her whole body, not just her toes or from the neck up.

13 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

A woman in Virginia contracted the Zika virus after a November mission trip to Guatemala:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3432301/Virginia-mother-battling-Zika-virus-mission-trip-Guatemala.html

More than 3,000 pregnant women in Brazil are known to be infected.  And, new information proves that the virus can be transmitted by blood transfusion, sex and saliva.  Babies born to infected mothers have misshapen heads, deformed brains, and may develop blindness and paralysis.

Rather than discuss this emergency affecting people in Central America, Jill and Derick are painting toenails.  

I'm worried about a co-worker, who was in her first trimester in December.  She was home in Brazil for two weeks in December.  I'll feel better after her 20 week ultrasound.  

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived