IGNORED

Jill, Derick, and Israel Part 12

Boogalou

what I don't get if Derick is supposed to be fluent in Spanish and Jill is "learning" why the need to send Mr. Shadt's younger son who apparently is younger than either of them 

Derick is far from fluent. He struggled with the word for rain, appeared to lack communication skills when passing out coloring book pages to kids, and even had a TH about how little spanish he knows. They could be playing it up for TV, but I doubt he's actually fluent and pretending to be so poor at it.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The blog post and previous pages of thread remind me of that wonderful metaphor. Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one and it's fine to be proud of it but DON'T whip it out in public or shove it down a child's throat

I'm pretty convinced Derrick is unhappy with his new look and the Manson-esque beard is to cover it up. Didn't Miss Muffin say before she loved a clean shaven man?

• My fibromyalgia has been really bad today and I have literally been sitting on the couch reading Free Jinger all day and posting a ridiculous number of times. I think I've had all the fun I can stand so will say goodnight. Thanks for the company.

6 hours ago, jcanglin991 said:

There is a Baptist church near my niece's house that makes the rounds of the neighborhood. The church people try to talk the kids outside into agreeing to go to church on the bus the following Sunday. My niece is Catholic  and quite opinionated for her age. She told them she already has a church and they should not be driving around talking to other people's children.  Her mother and two of her neighbors reinforced that thought by going to the church and telling them not to engage their children. Now, these people actually were from a church and quite safe, but I wouldn't want a child to think it is okay to go somewhere with a stranger under the guise of being from church. I just think this particular church had a really bad idea about appropriate outreach.

When my kids were in middle school, they had to walk home past a church, whose members decided to stop them on the sidewalk and give them bibles. I was infuriated that total strangers felt it appropriate to stop my young kids and get close enough to give them ANYTHING. I called the cops (non -emergency number) when I found out. The cops shut the whole thing down. 

1 hour ago, Chickenbutt said:

Oh FFS....can't these leghumpers be a little discerning? Putting a baby in Jill's arms and they jump to adoption? Look at the pictures of some of the local folks holding Izzy. Did they adopt Izzy? Of course not.  Jill was simply holding someone's baby. Leghumpers, take a lesson in critical thinking and reality!

To be fair, it was posted with the caption that we should read their blog for updates on their family. Even I thought "what the hell? did they find a way to illegally adopt a baby?!"

OK, I take back my post...lol. I think the operative word in your post is "illegally". I'm sure that never crossed the mind of the leghumpers.

2 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

Oh FFS....can't these leghumpers be a little discerning? Putting a baby in Jill's arms and they jump to adoption? Look at the pictures of some of the local folks holding Izzy. Did they adopt Izzy? Of course not.  Jill was simply holding someone's baby. Leghumpers, take a lesson in critical thinking and reality!

If they did that they couldn't leghump anymore.

1 hour ago, jcanglin991 said:
  • My fibromyalgia has been really bad today and I have literally been sitting on the couch reading Free Jinger all day and posting a ridiculous number of times. I think I've had all the fun I can stand so will say goodnight. Thanks for the company.

I hope tomorrow is a better day!

Going back a couple pages:

I hate how SOS ministries creates a relationship with the people living in poverty trough continued spiritual blackmal. People who struggle to afford food or other supplies have to keep relying on them and going to services to get said supplies. SOS 's existence depends on making sure people can't live independently. Why help connect people with employers or jobs building schools and homes to get them to a position in life where they don't need SOS's brand of "charity"  when you can manipulate them? 

Teach a man to fish, he can feed himself and his family for a life time. Give a man a fish and he will keep asking for more to avoid starving and you can attach whatever strings you want. That's how the saying goes, right? Why help someone unless you get something in return?  

8 hours ago, caszandra said:

Can you imagine what would happen if someone tried to convert Israel? They would hit the roof, you might even hope it would give them a taste of their own medicine and they would then stop doing it to others, but who am I kidding they don't have the self awareness for that kind of epiphany.

Maybe when Israel gets older he will decide to convert to Judiasm on his own because he will have an identity crisis from having a very Jewish sounding name.

1 hour ago, Chickenbutt said:

OK, I take back my post...lol. I think the operative word in your post is "illegally". I'm sure that never crossed the mind of the leghumpers.

I'm like 90% certain that the leghumpers don't know where they are, and I'm 100% certain that, if they do, their leghumpers don't know that adoption from there is illegal. Hell, I wouldn't even know that without this website cause I've never cared enough to look it up.

16 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

If they did that they couldn't leghump anymore.

I hope tomorrow is a better day!

Going back a couple pages:

I hate how SOS ministries creates a relationship with the people living in poverty trough continued spiritual blackmal. People who struggle to afford food or other supplies have to keep relying on them and going to services to get said supplies. SOS 's existence depends on making sure people can't live independently. Why help connect people with employers or jobs building schools and homes to get them to a position in life where they don't need SOS's brand of "charity"  when you can manipulate them? 

Teach a man to fish, he can feed himself and his family for a life time. Give a man a fish and he will keep asking for more to avoid starving and you can attach whatever strings you want. That's how the saying goes, right? Why help someone unless you get something in return?  

Maybe when Israel gets older he will decide to convert to Judiasm on his own because he will have an identity crisis from having a very Jewish sounding name.

If anyone's going to have an identity crisis based on their name, it's going to be Spurgeon.

I do not believe for one damn minute that Derrick wrote that post on his own without editing by the Duggar/TLC machine.  He addressed the big ole "no outlet cover controversy".  He was on Duggar time but shit got done.

Derick, Welcome to the Duggar Machine!!

What did you dream? It's alright we told you what to dream.

I definitely believe someone is paying attention to the negative comments they are getting on social media. Also the picture with Jill holding that baby, with no parent of the child in sight, with the caption of "read our new blog" is total click bait. Still reading some of the comments it's pretty crazy that people believe they adopted this baby...especially when the blog mentions nothing about a child. One comment I saw, the person believed they had adopted solely because "that's what Jill and Jessa were just talking about on their show."  Pretty sure if the Dillards ever did decide to try to adopt for real (which I highly doubt) they would have been talking about it a lot more.

Have zero respect for Derick after reading that blog. I can't believe less two years ago thinking he was going to help bring Jill a little closer to reality. :my_rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

I definitely believe someone is paying attention to the negative comments they are getting on social media. Also the picture with Jill holding that baby, with no parent of the child in sight, with the caption of "read our new blog" is total click bait. Still reading some of the comments it's pretty crazy that people believe they adopted this baby...especially when the blog mentions nothing about a child. One comment I saw, the person believed they had adopted solely because "that's what Jill and Jessa were just talking about on their show."  Pretty sure if the Dillards ever did decide to try to adopt for real (which I highly doubt) they would have been talking about it a lot more.

Have zero respect for Derick after reading that blog. I can't believe less two years ago thinking he was going to help bring Jill a little closer to reality. :my_rolleyes:

Totally agree that someone is paying attention to all the negative comments they've gotten.  

Jill holding the baby and telling people to go read their stupid blog was a slimy trick.  

And Derick going on about the trying times they've had lately -- but "not going into detail at this time" -- (or whatever he said) is irritating as hell.  WHY AM I PAYING ATTENTION TO THESE PEOPLE ????  

9 minutes ago, notfundy said:

Totally agree that someone is paying attention to all the negative comments they've gotten.  

Jill holding the baby and telling people to go read their stupid blog was a slimy trick.  

And Derick going on about the trying times they've had lately -- but "not going into detail at this time" -- (or whatever he said) is irritating as hell.  WHY AM I PAYING ATTENTION TO THESE PEOPLE ????  

I wonder the same myself. I got sucked into Duggarsville because of Jill and Derick because I found the whole courtship thing weird but fascinating. Now they are weird and annoying but I'm still sucked in.

7 hours ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

To be fair, it was posted with the caption that we should read their blog for updates on their family. Even I thought "what the hell? did they find a way to illegally adopt a baby?!"

I was actually genuinely worried that they'd either engaged the services of child traffickers, or they'd tried some Stolen Generations shit by "privately adopting" a baby from a local woman. Again, I'm hoping and inclined to believe that Jill was just all "OMG CUTE BABY" and posed for a picture with her.

Why would anyone think Derick is fluent in Spanish when he hasn't mastered English yet.  Remember all his THs where he "ums" away sounding like a jerk.

The blogpost, however, does show he is working on his religious speak.  He has several run on sentences that don't make much sense.  It must be a requirement of being a preacher that you go on and on without saying anything with clarity.

11 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I'm pretty convinced Derrick is unhappy with his new look and the Manson-esque beard is to cover it up. Didn't Miss Muffin say before she loved a clean shaven man?

I think she said she liked the scruff, didn't she? She's had to stare at clean shaven Boob all her life. 

Derick, Jill and the baby look like they are dressed as mosquito bait to me.  Are they trying to catch the Zika virus???   (Not to mention the fact that Derick's front teeth are now off-centered with his nose since he had the broken-jaw surgery.)

56bf46116aa59_JillandDerickFeb2016.thumb

8 hours ago, bella8050 said:

I doubt anyone actually read their blog. I mean, the link on instagram is useless because it's not an actual link. Most of their followers aren't going to go through the trouble of typing their blog address into a browser. If the information isn't readily available, people will make assumptions and then move on. Hell, the only reason I went to check was because I wanted to be prepared in case FJ was blowing up. Lol

As for whether they'd announce it before hand, I doubt they would. The only way I see them getting a baby is if they con a mom into giving it to them. It's going to be totally spur the moment, questionably legal, and they'll then go on about how special they and their "little family" are.

23 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

Derick, Jill and the baby look like they are dressed as mosquito bait to me.  Are they trying to catch the Zika virus???   (Not to mention the fact that Derick's front teeth are now off-centered with his nose since he had the broken-jaw surgery.)

56bf46116aa59_JillandDerickFeb2016.thumb

Seriously, I don't even understand why they did that surgery. He looked fine, a bit goofy but fine, before. Now he looks downright creepy, and it's only getting worse.

You guys can be really awful, you know that? None of us know why Derick elected to have jaw surgery. It very well may not have been for cosmetic reasons. The man can't help what his face looks like. And can we quit with the fake hysteria about Zika? Millions of people live in those countries, not just Jill and Derick. Are they all taking precautions against every risk to your exacting standards?

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

You guys can be really awful, you know that? None of us know why Derick elected to have jaw surgery. It very well may not have been for cosmetic reasons. The man can't help what his face looks like. And can we quit with the fake hysteria about Zika? Millions of people live in those countries, not just Jill and Derick. Are they all taking precautions against every risk to your exacting standards?

I have said this before and I'll say it again:  The Duggars, Dillards, Seewalds et al have put themselves OUT THERE for public consumption.  Jill and Derick are adults and could have chosen to keep their private lives private.  As in - "do not put your surgery and aftermath on television for everyone to see".  When you do that, you open yourself up to feedback and comments, good or bad.

And yes, I know - Jill didn't have a choice because "cult and brainwashing".    But the headship of the Dillard family was not raised in the Duggar cult, so he's made the decisionto go public with their lives as well.

I have always assumed myself that Derick had this quite painful surgery for medical and not cosmetic reasons.   I have no idea if I am correct in my assumption.  However, if he did have the surgery strictly for appearance, it was not successful.   He does remind me of Tom Hanks in Castaway!  

They "purpose" to make a living by being reality TV stars.  The missionary work, in my opinion, was never meant to be anything but a storyline and/or photo op.   

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Thank you, singsingsing. You saved me the trouble. I'm sure they arrived there w/a case of OFF. And the baby is probably one she helped deliver, which means she is making a contribution there. Izzy is giving that baby the once-over.

my first thought on the photo was that Derrick needs a bath and a barber.  he reminds me of Brad Pitt, who i've never found attractive because for so many years he looked grubby.  

i like Jill's top.

For cosmetic or medical reasons, either way he needs to have a serious chat with his doctor about how to get everything realigned. I am sure a plastic surgeon performed the surgery, and that surgeon should be embarrassed to have left Derrick with such obvious misalignments. 

Also @notfundy is right, they posted these pictures on the very public internet. Therefore opening themselves up to criticism... He looks terrible and I am allowed to have that opinion, even if you think it's ugly of me to say that. So boo freaking hoo if people are going to comment mean things, get over it. 

15 hours ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

<snip>···The Duggars have always practiced a weird sort of Christianity-- it is more focused on being judgmental and making up rules than it is about being Christ-like.

Amen to that observation.  Since I've learned more about the Duggar's religion and about Gothardism, I've been reminded repeatedly of Jesus'  warnings against "the bread of the Pharisees."  In all my years of following Jesus,  I've never thought as much about what's in Matt. 23 as I do now after reading a fundie blog or hearing details about Duggar "ministry."

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived