IGNORED

Jill, Derick, and Israel Part 12

Boogalou

When we first visited our grandson when he was a month old, we offered to watch him so son and DIL could go out, for a cup of coffee. DIL was horrified. Six months later when we visited again, they were out the door before the words were out of our mouths. They love us visiting becase they get some time to be together.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like they're busy. The parts about visiting people "who may or may not be Christians" (aka Catholics) and bribing a kid to come to their church with aid for his sick mom are hard to read.

Went over to read the blog.. wow, I am also very curious about what's been happening (see excerpt from the blog below)  

He talks specifically about "recent days" so it sounds like something specific.    Bolding is mine.  

"It is my pleasure to write concerning the work that the Lord is doing in the Latin American world at this present time, including the sanctifying work that He is doing within me personally as well as my family. We have been stretched in ways that we could not have imagined in recent days, of which I will not go into the details on at this time, but we have confidence and trust in the Lord’s faithfulness in that which He has called us"

That's sort of like a Facebook status where someone writes   "It's terrible.. prayers appreciated"  and you have no idea WTF they're talking about.  Why tease us like that?  

Anyway, I see that DimBulb and The Li'l Womb-in were down visiting the Dillards (a surprise or maybe TLC needed some footage?) for a few days; Meechelle still wearing the tired old green shirt.    Maybe THAT is what's been so trying about the past few days...

Christ, he's so ridiculous. I got a laugh out of this one, though:

At least once a week, I’ve been preaching in a nearby village or in the church closer to our house

He's so damn mousy in the way he speaks, and remember in that special when he and Jill were doing Bible time? He tried so hard to sound knowledgeable and assertive and he just came across as a little boy playing dress up. If I were to be there while he was preaching I'd cringe from the second-hand embarrassment. 

17 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

Maybe Jill was pregnant and miscarried? That was my first thought.

Ah...  I bet you are right.  If so, I'm sad for them.  That is never easy.  

Do you think they will eventually share if that is the case? I sincerely hope that isn't what happened, but that is also instantly where my mind went as well.

Yes, I believe they will share IF that is what happened. Since when do they keep anything to themselves? And TLC and People Mag will, without shame, use it as a storyline.

37 minutes ago, notfundy said:

Went over to read the blog.. wow, I am also very curious about what's been happening (see excerpt from the blog below)  

He talks specifically about "recent days" so it sounds like something specific.    Bolding is mine.  

"It is my pleasure to write concerning the work that the Lord is doing in the Latin American world at this present time, including the sanctifying work that He is doing within me personally as well as my family. We have been stretched in ways that we could not have imagined in recent days, of which I will not go into the details on at this time, but we have confidence and trust in the Lord’s faithfulness in that which He has called us"

That's sort of like a Facebook status where someone writes   "It's terrible.. prayers appreciated"  and you have no idea WTF they're talking about.  Why tease us like that?  

Anyway, I see that DimBulb and The Li'l Womb-in were down visiting the Dillards (a surprise or maybe TLC needed some footage?) for a few days; Meechelle still wearing the tired old green shirt.    Maybe THAT is what's been so trying about the past few days...

I don't know. It sounds to me like he is trying to sound more important than he really is. Maybe they have been told they need to go home or use birth control? That would be very unsettling to Jill.

I understand Jill is probably lonely, but she has not gone more the 6-8 weeks without seeing someone from her family. I consider that pretty damn lucky. I have a son who lives in Seattle and we aim to see him once a year due to finances and schedules etc.

I apologize I am in a very snarky mood today. I just have no sympathy left for this couple. They chose this life and were actually much more fortunate than many others as they have never had to do "without" for anything. If Jill is not equipped to handle this lifestyle, then come home. I, personally don't think you are doing anyone any good. They don't need you there and many may not want you there.

Derick wrote quite a word salad in his latest blog post. Trying waaaaaaay too hard to convenience the audience that he actually is working hard. #Keep donating to our cause.

Whatever their troubles, if it was a MC, we'll hear about it...and counting.

45 minutes ago, notfundy said:

total TLC footage - why else would Michelle care about her daughter

as for Derick's trying times - must be JIll won't leave him alone 

he sounds annoyed and agitated - must not be what he thought it would be

So many great posts about Derrick's new job as a preacher. Word salad. I do not understand what the hell they are doing. Cougars? Count me on the way to the airport. 

There is a photo of Jill and Izzy on the Duggar Official blog. Not sure if it is the lighting but Izzy looks as if his hair has been shaved off.

Thanks for the link. I don't understand why people say they have had a difficult time, and to pray for them but don't say what happened. If they want to keep it private, then don't say anything.

4 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Thanks for the link. I don't understand why people say they have had a difficult time, and to pray for them but don't say what happened. If they want to keep it private, then don't say anything.

Oh but then people wont send you additional $$$!

Re: Derick sounding annoyed

I think Derick thought that this would be like Nepal, and is learning now that "missionary work" is much harder with a needy wife and infant in tow.  

From the Dillard blog:

Jill’s parents surprised us recently with an impromptu visit for a few days. It was great to have them with us and get to show them the work the Lord is doing here.

Glad to see JB & M left Jana-Mom alone for a few days with her 'kids'

7 minutes ago, Hiddenomaha said:

From the Dillard blog:

And Grandma Mary-

15 minutes ago, Hiddenomaha said:

From the Dillard blog:

If the Boob and Mechelle were there then I'll bet there was also a TLC camera crew. That could be trying.

5 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

We Don't know if any of this speculation is true. 

"She isn't connected to the baby."

"She's quit trying to learn Spanish."

"She isn't doing any missionary work."

"She's not mingling w/the locals."

Bullshit. There is not a scrap of evidence that any of that is true. Just b/c Derrick does her toes doesn't mean she's neglecting her baby. She was taking Spanish at home before she even met Derrick. For all we know, she might be quite fluent by now. We don't know either if Izzy is an easy baby of if he's very difficult. I just think we should reign in some of the unsubstantiated criticism. 

If the Dillards gained Spanish fluency and have been doing work that was significantly helpful to the local community, they've been hiding it very well in their TV special and their vapid social media posts/monetary appeals.

Izzy looks exactly like Jill. Same eyes, same nose, same dorky-cute smile. (I say dorky lovingly, because Jill is a kind of a dork, but I used to/still love her for it). And call up the NBA because that kid is a giant.

Also, the bit about Derick essentially preying on a quiet, shy boy with a sick mother by attaching the strings of "come to MY church which is so much better than YOUR church" to much-needed material help was sickening. No, you give him that stuff because he and his family need it, and then if they ask you about your religion, THEN it's OK to invite them to your church. People shouldn't have to sit through a sermon by some hack who barely speaks their language and then say whatever canned phrases about Jeebus the fundie hippie guy who dragged them there wants them to say, just to get some toilet paper and cans of beans.

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived