IGNORED

Duggar Therapist spills all?

Swamptribe

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying the article is true, but In Touch did prove that the molestations were true. So, I'm not going to dismiss this new story entirely.

My DH and I were at Winco today. If you don't know Winco, on every line after the checker checks your groceries, there are two conveyor belts so that two people can bag their own groceries at the same time. I'm at the end, bagging our groceries as they come down, and there's a dude about my age also bagging his groceries on the other belt across from me. DH is putting groceries on the belt that goes to the checker, then waits to pay.

DH: Hey there's a magazine with the Duggars on the front.

Me: Oh yeah? What's it about?

DH: "Duggar therapist reveals all."

Me: *bagging groceries, not looking up* Yeah right. Like they ever went to a certified therapist. They don't believe in that shit.

The dude across from me looked at me for a sec and then went back to bagging his groceries.

Well, now that guy knows that the Duggars would never go to a certified therapist!

Taking this BS as an Inspiration for the following topic:  How do Michelle and JB handelt the Josh adultery? Because back in the day´s when Alice was talking about the molestation (and nobody believed her) I think she (?) also said that Michelle thought the punishment for Josh the church wanted was too hard. She was so unsecure about it, she even spoke with people outside the church about it (!). So now the tabloid mean it´s the other way round: Michelle wants hard punishment for Josh and JB wants to be all forgiving.

I could imagine that Michelle and JB are not on the same page regarding Josh. But my guess would be that JB is the one who wants to disown him and Michelle is the one sticking by him. That would seem more likely to me.

remember Michelle saying just after it came out, that someone asked where Josh was & she said, "He's not here w/us and, it's better if Josh is separate from us, it's better if there's distance between us right now." Her face was more grim than I have ever seen it & JB couldn't even speak.

For crying out loud!   

Those people don't believe in therapists. 

If there was a lick of truth in that story it would be that that house is a  home of horrors. 

Mechelle would never argue with JB let alone file for divorce.   She'd have a fuckin nervous breakdown and they would just say that she is going to a retreat to pray.    

Is it just me or does anyone else get the impression, despite all the bs about headships and being joyfully available (insert vomit smiley) that the real boss in that house is, and always has been, Michelle. JB might walk the walk and talk the talk, but I've always got the impression it's Michelle  that pulls the strings whilst pretending to be a perfect fundy wife. I don't for one minute buy her choices are as limited as her daughter's. Michelle  makes the decisions  and somehow makes JB think its either his or God's will. 

34 minutes ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

Is it just me or does anyone else get the impression, despite all the bs about headships and being joyfully available (insert vomit smiley) that the real boss in that house is, and always has been, Michelle. JB might walk the walk and talk the talk, but I've always got the impression it's Michelle  that pulls the strings whilst pretending to be a perfect fundy wife. I don't for one minute buy her choices are as limited as her daughter's. Michelle  makes the decisions  and somehow makes JB think its either his or God's will. 

@3KidsAndStopped, that's a very common impression here at FJ.  Welcome aboard!

3 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@3KidsAndStopped, that's a very common impression here at FJ.  Welcome aboard!

Glad it's not just me, that sing song voice gives me the creeps it's like she is permanently peed off and has to swag it out with voice distortion. Freud would have an absolute field day with that woman.  

And thank you for the welcome,  lurked for a little bit before :)

I have no love for the Duggars, but I hope this article is BS. This would be a major HIPAA (did I get all the letters right?) violation, and even the Duggars deserve privacy from their therapists.

This, of course, is even assuming they bothered to go to one, which, along with everyone else, I am highly skeptical about.

I have an ex-fundie friend. She's extremely skeptical of therapists, and doesn't believe me that most mainstream therapists are not christian based and won't spew more fundie stuff.  She left years ago, and broke away in a big way. But believe me- fundies don't believe in or go to mainstream, certified, college educated therapists.  They even managed to convince their children that their fundie "therapists" (aka, gothard/ati/bible spewing brainwashers) are mostly what's out there. It's possible they were seeing someone in that vein, who then wouldn't have the obligation to keep quiet, legally at least.   Someone who may claim to help them find the answer through jesus or what not. But I wouldn't believe for a minute that they would go to a mainstream therapist who has in any way studied psychology.

And yes, Meeechele is the neck that turns the head that is jb.  I do not believe that they have rip roaring fights like kate and jon, but i do believe she is capable of a differing of a opinion from jb.  I think she is really really good at getting her way and making it look like his idea. I think she spearheads a lot of their publicity stuff, like the books for example.  She's not supposed to directly contradict a man, but my guess is she finds lots of ways around it. It's also possible with all of these scandals that she's been less tactful lately and the two have had disagreements. But divorce? nope. I'd sooner believe they were marrying jana off to the batboy.

J'Chelle seems like she would refuse sex when she's pissed at JB.  God knows that would only last 5 minutes with JB.

31 minutes ago, MatthewDuggar said:

J'Chelle seems like she would refuse sex when she's pissed at JB.  God knows that would only last 5 minutes with JB.

Hmmm.  She probably wouldn't refuse sex.  That wouldn't be Godly.  But she would passively let him know that she was Only Doing Her Duty and generally make him feel that there was nothing "sweet" about their "fellowship."  In some ways that can be worse.   A "willing" bedmate who is totally unresponsive is the reverse of exciting.

31 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Hmmm.  She probably wouldn't refuse sex.  That wouldn't be Godly.  But she would passively let him know that she was Only Doing Her Duty and generally make him feel that there was nothing "sweet" about their "fellowship."  In some ways that can be worse.   A "willing" bedmate who is totally unresponsive is the reverse of exciting.

I don't think so. This woman has been putting out and practicing that adoring gaze most of her adult life.  I think she has learned to stuff any genuine emotions or opinions and go through they motions.  You can see her do it in the minigolf hump, when JB gave her that atrocious mothers pin, when Jb goes to kiss her and she is cringing from his foul breath.

JB is an idiot that is manipulated by Michelle but also believes her act and thinks everyone is buying it too.  However, Michelle would never make any demands like what this article is saying.  She would pray in her milquetoast voice at dinner that Jesus softens the hearts off all and she hopes others will forgive him like Jesus did and accept him back, like Jesus would...

And  don't believe for a second anyone in that house is concerned for the little girls around Josh.  Well, maybe the J slaves but they don't count, girls can't have opinions.

2 hours ago, OodOnTheLoo said:

I don't think so. This woman has been putting out and practicing that adoring gaze most of her adult life.  I think she has learned to stuff any genuine emotions or opinions and go through they motions.  You can see her do it in the minigolf hump, when JB gave her that atrocious mothers pin, when Jb goes to kiss her and she is cringing from his foul breath.

JB is an idiot that is manipulated by Michelle but also believes her act and thinks everyone is buying it too.  However, Michelle would never make any demands like what this article is saying.  She would pray in her milquetoast voice at dinner that Jesus softens the hearts off all and she hopes others will forgive him like Jesus did and accept him back, like Jesus would...

And  don't believe for a second anyone in that house is concerned for the little girls around Josh.  Well, maybe the J slaves but they don't count, girls can't have opinions.

I agree in general.  All I said was that Michelle would not show her dissatisfaction with something by refusing sex (because she is invested in being godly and sweet) but might make the experience a lot less than fun. This was in response to someone else who said Michelle might withhold sex.

Sorry if that sounded like a critique on you.  It was all Michelle, the biggest misogynist in that house.  Josh learned how to treat women at her knee, not JimBobs

I did read the article quickly.  It was more like it would be revealed who the therapist was, i.e. whether or not it was actually a real therapist.  That's what I got out of it before my DH gave me the evil eye for reading more Duggar stuff (JK).

8 hours ago, MoonFace said:

For crying out loud!   

Those people don't believe in therapists. 

If there was a lick of truth in that story it would be that that house is a  home of horrors. 

Mechelle would never argue with JB let alone file for divorce.   She'd have a fuckin nervous breakdown and they would just say that she is going to a retreat to pray.    

Yes!

I'm calling BS on this story. Even if the tabloid has an actual source he or she is not going to be a real therapist. It's more likely 'a friend in the fill-in-the-blank business (home remodeling? Strawberry dipping?) who has helped young people turn their lives around'. 

I'm trying to catch up with all these awesome FJ threads but Svengoolie starts in 15 minutes and I think he's going to show This Island Earth. ;). Judge not my guilty pleasure TV viewing favorites lest yours be judged. ;). :D

... wait, I'm in the Duggar forum. Never mind. ;D  

I also highly doubt an actual qualified therapist would spill the beans, but it would be pretty interesting reading if they did. I'm always fascinated by why people make the choices they do, I think the real reasons behind JB and Michelle's choices to live how they do (I mean actual reasons not because jebus) would  be fascinating. Disturbing, but interesting.

I'm not justifying Josh but you can't help feeling that some of his actions at least are down to nurture. He doesn't have a moral compass or exposure to the wider world to view what he has done the same way as outsiders do. 

I highly doubt they got any real help. Just a whole lot of prayer. When you got Jesus you don't need any more help than that in their eyes.

16 hours ago, OodOnTheLoo said:

Sorry if that sounded like a critique on you.  It was all Michelle, the biggest misogynist in that house.  Josh learned how to treat women at her knee, not JimBobs

I didn't think it was a critique on me, but you seemed to be missing my point even though you quoted me.  

If we think of Michelle as a misogynist we must also remember that this means she hates herself.

Well that article was disappointing.   I do not get the feeling the blogger actually even read the article.  Just speculated based on the cover.   My husband texted me about In Touch a little while ago so I came to see what our thread said.   I wish I'd had him grab the mag now because I doubt it is quite the same as that blogger says.

On 1/30/2016 at 1:17 PM, Mela99 said:

I could believe that the therapist was a "minister" of some sort ... and maybe decided he'd done enough for these people and decided to make a buck. 

How very Christian. 

12 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I didn't think it was a critique on me, but you seemed to be missing my point even though you quoted me.  

If we think of Michelle as a misogynist we must also remember that this means she hates herself.

I think it is quite possible that Michelle "hates" herself or at least has a very distorted sense of self esteem.  Her eating disorder past, is some evidence of that.

I personally have no problem believing that M is misogynistic.  Any woman who can sit down and do a TV interview with her whole family, including Josh and his victims and then proceed to claim that the modesty rules are because without the rules,  girls incite men to desires that can't be righteously fulfilled must at some level  hate women, .  That was victim blaming and the twisted thing is she did it in front of both the perpetrator and the victims.   

I do think that Michelle has more power in that house than what we see on the surface.  Or at least she did at one time.  I kine of think she has " gone round the bend" and probably doesn't do much decision making anymore.  I think JimBob would be easy to manipulate.  So an alert Michelle could easily out wit him. 

JB is kind of interesting to me, because he seems equal parts ignorant and ridiculous, as well as rather cagey and clever when it comes to money making schemes.  I have to hand it to him,  he certainly has made the most of his fairly humble beginnings and I think he was clever enough to diversify his income streams so that even if the show is gone, he has money coming in. 

Archived