IGNORED

Where are the Duggars Going/Show Coming Back?

Apricot

15 minutes ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

I doubt that'll happen. The Duggars regularly got below a million viewers per episode, and sometimes closer to half a million. Jill's wedding brought in 4 mill, but Jessa couldn't even come close to half that. The Duggars aren't sticking around because of ratings. There's some weird love affair going on with that channel.

tvbythenumbers said Jessa's wedding had close to 4 mil viewers wikipedia's source says 3.56 mil

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_19_Kids_and_Counting_episodes

I have to find the tvbythenumbers article. I could be wrong. I don't know if wkipedia's source is reliable. They have low numbers for Jill's wedding. 

eta:http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/04/06/19-kids-counting-wedding-propels-tlc-to-1-in-tv-on-tuesday-night/

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok a few ideas about what could happen with this show

Treehouse--- as I read talk about building it, I immediately sing a song from Frozen to myself.  So like the Disney counterpart, it could become the subject of an intense sibling rivalry, where one shuts another out acting on orders from the parents, and the other has no idea what is going on.  Could be a catalyst for the eventual Jackson and Johannah separation.  Better yet, one (or more) use the treehouse as an opportunity to shut the lifestyle out (Jennifer just keeps slamming doors in someone's face).

(One of) Joseph, Josiah, Jed, or Jer learn about that other royal TV family and decide that Kylie Jenner is really hot and want to pursue a courtship wtih her (even though IIRC she's seeing someone) and fly to LA to stalk her.  

Hi, newbie from the UK :) 

In the same way you can't take your eyes off a car crash, I kind of want to see how the duggars deal with all this mess. I'd really like to see how other ATI families respond to them.

But then again that would be reality instead of seeing the world through jebus tainted glasses. So ill just go back to wishing for my rainbow farting unicorn instead. 

1 minute ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

Hi, newbie from the UK :) 

In the same way you can't take your eyes off a car crash, I kind of want to see how the duggars deal with all this mess. I'd really like to see how other ATI families respond to them.

But then again that would be reality instead of seeing the world through jebus tainted glasses. So ill just go back to wishing for my rainbow farting unicorn instead. 

It's very much like a car crash. 

I don't think Josh would think twice about being on TV. He can lie and not think twice about it. He will sing the same song and dance of forgiveness with that smug look on his face. He is JB's spawn and the image of his father so he feels he is better than all of us and we want to hear from him. He will never be humble. He will continue to act as if his shit doesn't stink. Anna will be so pleased her headship is back to his rightful place that she will sit there and look adoringly at him like she always has.

An entire season of Jana just does not sound appealing to me. Sorry. I feel for her but then at times I do not. She is old enough to get out and doesn't.

I agree please keep them in the US. I am always so embarassed at the way they all act in other countries especially JB. They are such a poor example to all. If I hear, "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones or Oh, you must be perfect. The Duggars never said they were perfect" again I really may just have to barf. Or the best one yet, "It is a quality TV about a loving Christian family. They are not perfect.":TrainWreckMotion:

2 hours ago, MyMilkshake said:

Any confirmation of this yet? I hope it's just a rumor.

I honestly didn't get how people could sit through entire episodes of their show before and I can't see it being less boring now. A boring as fuck family with a messed up way of running a household. And their desperate need for publicity must be a sin of some sort- they'll capitalize on a scandal if it makes them $ and keeps them "relevant ".

I wouldn't be surprised if TLC brought them back. They already set the bar low with Kate Goselin and her kids.

and what an episode that was on the other night - we got treated to clips of Kate watching herself brerate everyone when she was young and she even cringed

what's next this from the duggars 

should be amusing 

The tree house might be interesting.  More thrift shopping though will be so boring.  How many thrift store trips have we already seen?  I've lost count.  I can't imagine Jana is happy if they want to do very many episodes centering on her.  She doesn't seem to enjoy filming.  TLC is probably encouraging Jim Bob to marry off at least one of the kids to get another 3 M+ episode. 

1 hour ago, Valerie3kids said:

I don't think Josh would think twice about being on TV. He can lie and not think twice about it. He will sing the same song and dance of forgiveness with that smug look on his face. He is JB's spawn and the image of his father so he feels he is better than all of us and we want to hear from him. He will never be humble. He will continue to act as if his shit doesn't stink. Anna will be so pleased her headship is back to his rightful place that she will sit there and look adoringly at him like she always has.

An entire season of Jana just does not sound appealing to me. Sorry. I feel for her but then at times I do not. She is old enough to get out and doesn't.

I agree please keep them in the US. I am always so embarassed at the way they all act in other countries especially JB. They are such a poor example to all. If I hear, "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones or Oh, you must be perfect. The Duggars never said they were perfect" again I really may just have to barf. Or the best one yet, "It is a quality TV about a loving Christian family. They are not perfect.":TrainWreckMotion:

Reality TV is low quality entertainment by definition. It began in the late 1990s as a cost-effective alternative to scripted programming, which was becoming increasingly expensive. Reality shows are "cheap" in every sense of the term. That these leghumpers think that 19K&C was "quality TV" is just another example of the dubious quality of Christian media as a whole (yes, I know TLC doesn't see the Duggars as a specifically "Christian show" but the Duggars and their leghumpers do).

5 minutes ago, Manda said:

The tree house might be interesting.  More thrift shopping though will be so boring.  How many thrift store trips have we already seen?  I've lost count.  I can't imagine Jana is happy if they want to do very many episodes centering on her.  She doesn't seem to enjoy filming.  TLC is probably encouraging Jim Bob to marry off at least one of the kids to get another 3 M+ episode. 

I think the only thing other than a courtship (or Josh returns to the homestead) that will get them back on TV  would be extensive footage of the Dillards on their missioncation

1 hour ago, Valerie3kids said:

Yeah, that annoys me too. I'm not perfect either, but I'm capable of basic good behavior, and I don't see why the Duggars shouldn't be held to that standard too.

11 hours ago, JoyfullyUnavailable said:

I just did a Duggar Google news search and it appears that TLC is going to revive 19 Kids. I take this as a grain of salt because I haven't seen/heard/read this directly from TLC.  If it's true I'm disappointed but not surprised. 

Yes, everything points to they are going to have the family back.  My guess is they will go with a few specials initially to see if there is enough interest.

I would be surprised if TLC is planning to bring the old show back.  For one thing, it is clear that "and counting" no longer applies. 

What I wonder now is why, if they are bringing back the Duggars, they aren't showing the reruns.  It seems to me they may still be unsure of advertisers. This makes me wonder why TLC is so crazy about the Duggars.  They are going to a lot of trouble to keep then on TV.

10 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Yes, everything points to they are going to have the family back.  My guess is they will go with a few specials initially to see if there is enough interest.

sounds like it 

and thank you to the person who loaned me $80 grand :D 

40 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

How is TLC going to get Advertisers if they bring back 19 kids.  

I'm sure they'll rebrand it or work out something where Josh isn't shown (like they had originally planned on doing with J&K when it became Kate Plus 8)

8 hours ago, Valerie3kids said:

I like to think of her decision to stay vs leave as choosing between eating the turd from someone's left hand or right hand. Either way it stays a turd.

Actually I like to think of a lot of 'choices' in fundyland like that. 

15 hours ago, GiggleOfGirls said:

I hope to goodness that this is just a total lie and not an early "leak" to gauge people's reactions. Although, if it is the latter, I guess now is the time to complain! 

This was my first thought. So much unofficial info is out there, it's like they didn't try to maintain any discretion at all. They tested the waters with Counting On to verify that plenty of audience remained. Now they are testing reaction to the leaked evidence of a new show as a way of deciding if it should be 19 Kids reinstated, or if they should name it something new and pretend its not the exact same show.

I just gave my two cents:

https://corporate.discovery.com/contact/viewer-relations/

All of this is making me wonder if JB has some sort of weird legal hold on TLC that is forcing them to at least try and keep them on the air. Early on in the Joshgate mess there were people who made it seem like JB had all of these connections and that he was not somebody to mess with. It all sounds extremely ridiculous, especially since it's one guy against a fairly big company. But perhaps maybe there was some sort of extended support deal that TLC is having trouble honouring. I'm not sure how any of this works so I could be completely off, but I can't help but wonder if this is even a possibility..

57 minutes ago, Chocomocho said:

All of this is making me wonder if JB has some sort of weird legal hold on TLC that is forcing them to at least try and keep them on the air. Early on in the Joshgate mess there were people who made it seem like JB had all of these connections and that he was not somebody to mess with. It all sounds extremely ridiculous, especially since it's one guy against a fairly big company. But perhaps maybe there was some sort of extended support deal that TLC is having trouble honouring. I'm not sure how any of this works so I could be completely off, but I can't help but wonder if this is even a possibility..

I doubt he has any leverage. TLC just likes a trainwreck and the Duggars have consistently delivered one. And, unlike Honey Boo Boo, the majority of their fans have stayed loyal to them. It's the same reason Kate Plus 8 came back. Enough people demanded to see them back on TV that TLC said "sure! Less work for us!" 

And, frankly, TLC's new shows have consistently done poorly. Every so often, they get lucky and find one that works, but it's not the norm. As such, theyre going to take advantage of not doing away with the programming people are asking them to supply. 

3 hours ago, missegeno said:

This was my first thought. So much unofficial info is out there, it's like they didn't try to maintain any discretion at all. They tested the waters with Counting On to verify that plenty of audience remained. Now they are testing reaction to the leaked evidence of a new show as a way of deciding if it should be 19 Kids reinstated, or if they should name it something new and pretend its not the exact same show.

I just gave my two cents:

https://corporate.discovery.com/contact/viewer-relations/

I'd believe another special is in the works, but I cant believe they would pull the trigger on a new show until the lawsuit is settled.  God only knows what could come out in depositions...  And the advertisers? So many have pledged not to touch the show.  I just cant believe they are willing to sink money into a full series commitment when they'd have to potentially go without advertisers. 

@Buzzard, that's a really good point. I wonder how long TLC will remain quiet before announcing the next airings. They're probably going  as crazy as us with all the lawsuit delays if that's what they're trying to wait for.

20 hours ago, nst said:

* they fight a lot Michelle and JB 

* she likes protecting Josh 

* they are facing depositions 

* trial is set for May 25

* and more Josh crap - about him not backing down 

* Danica is convinced that anything therapists reveal about Josh on his parents past behavior will be chilling 

Did the source identify themselves? I find it interesting that they say Michelle and JB are fighting a lot. If true that means she isn't worshiping submitting to the head of the house. Sounds like the godly mentor lori needs to make a phone call to Michelle!

Not in anyway I agree with any of this, but I get why TLC would risk it all for the Duggars. All the other shows on TLC have a pretty short shelf life, but this show my friends has true longevity. They will feed us small amounts until we build up an immunity against the dark side of the Duggars. Mithridatism at it's finest. First it may be a series of specials but that show is coming back. 

• Coconut Flan locked and unlocked this topic

Archived