IGNORED

Where are the Duggars Going/Show Coming Back?

Apricot

TLC = E!  Duggars = Kardashians.  

They know they have to have scandals and drama to stay relevant.  Now they have scandals and drama.  It's going to INCREASE their marketability and earning power.  

Kris Jenner has made herself and her peed on progeny MILLIONS AND MILLIONS by manipulating scandals!  This is the road to fame.  

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, nst said:

they are on the cover of in touch again today - claiming new secrets - yes i bought it - no i haven't read it 

Can't wait to here your recap of the article!

3 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Can't wait to here your recap of the article!

* they fight a lot Michelle and JB 

* she likes protecting Josh 

* they are facing depositions 

* trial is set for May 25

* and more Josh crap - about him not backing down 

* Danica is convinced that anything therapists reveal about Josh on his parents past behavior will be chilling 

I don't buy this particular report, but I'm sure they'll keep trying. Thing is, why do the Duggars need a cable network like TLC to broadcast and monetize their lives? Can't they be like any other insufferable Youtube family vloggers and record their kids saying cute things and their dads dicking around on Ashley Madison without a complicated TV deal?

4 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

I don't buy this particular report, but I'm sure they'll keep trying. Thing is, why do the Duggars need a cable network like TLC to broadcast and monetize their lives? Can't they be like any other insufferable Youtube family vloggers and record their kids saying cute things and their dads dicking around on Ashley Madison without a complicated TV deal?

of course not. because then THEY would have to have the initiative to 1. film the material 2. edit the material 3. put it up on the internet 4. reach out to bring in more of a fanbase 5. market their brand. 

If they stick with TLC, TLC will do that shit for them.

I don't want to hear a justification for the lack of a love life. I want to hear justification for the lack of an education, job training or independent thought. Jana has a lot of problems that have nothing to do with her love life and everything to do with her parents keeping her from having the ability to live an independent adult life. It's not cute to be 25 or 26 and live a more controlled life than most 10 year-olds. She basically lives a life of house arrest.

The Duggars want to be seen as role models yet, to the majority of people, they and their children are seen as failures. (I am not blaming the kids as I know they were raise like this.) Most people would be embarrassed to have so many adult children with no jobs, job training or education. Or embarrassed for easing children who do not have the ability to provide for themselves.  Hell, most parents would be embarrassed to have kids that basically don't read books or know anything about what is going on in the world. The Duggars have put so little value on their children. It's as though they want them to go as backwards as possible. People who truly want less for their children than they had themselves.

I hope to goodness that this is just a total lie and not an early "leak" to gauge people's reactions. Although, if it is the latter, I guess now is the time to complain! 

Any confirmation of this yet? I hope it's just a rumor.

I honestly didn't get how people could sit through entire episodes of their show before and I can't see it being less boring now. A boring as fuck family with a messed up way of running a household. And their desperate need for publicity must be a sin of some sort- they'll capitalize on a scandal if it makes them $ and keeps them "relevant ".

I wouldn't be surprised if TLC brought them back. They already set the bar low with Kate Goselin and her kids.

2 minutes ago, MyMilkshake said:

Any confirmation of this yet? I hope it's just a rumor.

I honestly didn't get how people could sit through entire episodes of their show before and I can't see it being less boring now. A boring as fuck family with a messed up way of running a household. And their desperate need for publicity must be a sin of some sort- they'll capitalize on a scandal if it makes them $ and keeps them "relevant ".

I wouldn't be surprised if TLC brought them back. They already set the bar low with Kate Goselin and her kids.

Don't forget honey boo boo and the baby beauty pageant shows

Just now, quiverofdoubt said:

Don't forget honey boo boo and the baby beauty pageant shows

For sure. Bar was on the ground for both of those shows!
I've seen show dogs get treated much better than those beauty pageant kids :(.
Crazy pageant mother:"She loves pageants! She can quit them any time she wants!" haha yeah right. 

Just now, MyMilkshake said:

Either that or, "My Life as Head House Manager".

I can't see Meechelle allowing that truth to be revealed so publicly.  Even though we know that she does nothing, her self image requires that she be seen as perfect wife, mother, homemaker.

6 minutes ago, gustava said:

I can't see Meechelle allowing that truth to be revealed so publicly.  Even though we know that she does nothing, her self image requires that she be seen as perfect wife, mother, homemaker.

The only episode i would tune in for is one featuring Jana receiving the Arkansas "Mother of the Year" award and for a bonus, they rescind the J'chelle's title.

4 minutes ago, gustava said:

It's not like she is even pretending to be a homemaker. Seriously, even if she does nothing, she could fake baking a cake with her little omes for an instagram once in a while

Whichever this may be, bringing the show back, or just more specials, I feel safe in knowing that, unless more drama is revealed, they will be nothing more than the boring fundies people have always known. People have short attention spans. And I will do a happy dance when this show is canceled for ratings. 

1 hour ago, librarychick said:

Lol my favorite thing she would say is anytime the Bates were on she called Gil Master Bates.  I'm LOLing at that as I type it.

Off the topics of Duggars for a sec. When I was in 6th grade, I went with my youth group to a junior high Christian camp. It was less than a week, no crazy indoctrinations. Anyways, the staff there had this running theme of "Can you spot Dr. Bados?" Pronounced "Bay-dos." The eighth grade boys in my youth group started calling the man dressed up in character — "Master Bados." All of the adults hated it. It took me a few years until I realized why....

42 minutes ago, GiggleOfGirls said:

I hope to goodness that this is just a total lie and not an early "leak" to gauge people's reactions. Although, if it is the latter, I guess now is the time to complain! 

That was my exact first thought.  What if they gave the info off the record to gauge how the public will react to them having a show again. I wouldn't put it past TLC

I hope if they do this, that they keep JB in the US. His behavior in foreign countries was the epitome of the "ugly American". Even Michelle was embarrassed at his antics in front of a guard in London.

15 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

It's not like she is even pretending to be a homemaker. Seriously, even if she does nothing, she could fake baking a cake with her little omes for an instagram once in a while

well she did post a photo of her with the lil ones around a sewing machine and then reposted it again a few months later.

1 hour ago, socalrules said:

I don't want to hear a justification for the lack of a love life. I want to hear justification for the lack of an education, job training or independent thought. Jana has a lot of problems that have nothing to do with her love life and everything to do with her parents keeping her from having the ability to live an independent adult life. It's not cute to be 25 or 26 and live a more controlled life than most 10 year-olds. She basically lives a life of house arrest.

The Duggars want to be seen as role models yet, to the majority of people, they and their children are seen as failures. (I am not blaming the kids as I know they were raise like this.) Most people would be embarrassed to have so many adult children with no jobs, job training or education. Or embarrassed for easing children who do not have the ability to provide for themselves.  Hell, most parents would be embarrassed to have kids that basically don't read books or know anything about what is going on in the world. The Duggars have put so little value on their children. It's as though they want them to go as backwards as possible. People who truly want less for their children than they had themselves.

The Duggars live in their own version of Bizarro World, everything backwards.  

50 minutes ago, GiggleOfGirls said:

This could indeed be a deliberate "leak" to gauge public reaction before they commit to a series, or even .another one-off special.

Just because TLC has some shot some footage--doesn't mean it will ever make it to the small screen.  Maybe the production company is working on a "pilot" of a Duggar  series with some sort of "new" angle.

2 hours ago, nst said:

see Jana smile 

see Jana cry 

see Jana hold a baby 

sounds like riveting television 

Ben must be ECSTATIC 

See Jana help build a treehouse.

3 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

The Duggars live in their own version of Bizarro World, everything backwards.  

The cult of Jim Bob Duggar-  none of them can be better, more educated, more accomplished than he and certainly never allowed to live independent lives.

In many respects, it's not much better than Steve Maxwell.

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

Maybe the production company is working on a "pilot" of a Duggar  series with some sort of "new" angle.

• marrying off the adults. mass bachelor style
  •  finding them all  good paying jobs
  • "Duggars take on Homesteading"
  • Duggars go on Chamber Music Competition Tours (are they a thing?)
  • Duggars go secular - discovering the evil satanic world in which they live
  • Children's Rights - recapping the Duggar's TV lives and how they wish the UNCRC had applied to their lives at the time
  • Going Large: Upsizing everything with the Duggars (aka how to build a treehouse for 19 kids, forgetting most are adults)
  • Duggar's Dream Big: Ask all the adult kids secretly for a few of their hidden desires. Get busy making them a fact. Hide from the parents the kids actually want it and pitch it all to JB as the only way people will watch TV with them on it again.

I would never make it in the reality tv world. But I would really love to see the last idea happen. It really would be a big middle finger to JB and he wouldn't even know.

33 minutes ago, SpurgeonSquarepants said:

Whichever this may be, bringing the show back, or just more specials, I feel safe in knowing that, unless more drama is revealed, they will be nothing more than the boring fundies people have always known. People have short attention spans. And I will do a happy dance when this show is canceled for ratings. 

I doubt that'll happen. The Duggars regularly got below a million viewers per episode, and sometimes closer to half a million. Jill's wedding brought in 4 mill, but Jessa couldn't even come close to half that. The Duggars aren't sticking around because of ratings. There's some weird love affair going on with that channel.

• Coconut Flan locked and unlocked this topic

Archived