IGNORED

Where are the Duggars Going/Show Coming Back?

Apricot

10 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Is this actually confirmed? How reliable is Christian Post? All I can see so far are completely unsubstantiated statements. In fact, that Variety article quoting Nancy Daniels they link to directly contradicts them: "As for the possibility of more episodes or a series centering around the sisters, Daniels said, “We’re still talking and considering it, but we have not made a decision yet."" http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/tlc-duggar-scandal-television-critics-association-tca-1201674570/

From the Christian Post article:

"After seeing the success of the short series, it was announced that TLC will be bringing back "19 Kids and Counting" to the small screen" 

Announced by whom? Where? When?

"Reports show that a camera crew was recently seen with the Duggar family. They were seen in several locations such as a lumberyard and a thrift store."

Yep, this has been discussed, but I haven't seen any confirmation that it actually happened, and none that it means that 19 Kids is returning.

"In addition, it was revealed that the upcoming focus of the new season will be on Jana Duggar."

Again, revealed by whom, when, and where?

"19 Kids and Counting" is expected to return to the small screen this 2016."

Says who? Also, 'this 2016'? As opposed to last 2016, or next 2016? Hmm.

S3 you make really good points.   Until this in confirmed on the TLC website, I'm holding out hope that they haven't jumped into the cesspool of 19KAC full time.   The filming could still be a one and done special on Jana this time. (fingers crossed)

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TLC's website hasn't been updated about it. It still says that it's been canceled and that all reruns have been pulled.

That said, it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. The Duggars are going to continue in some fashion. TLC has done WAY too much to try to keep the family. I still think that they're going to focus less on the parents and they're not going to show Josh much, if at all, but they're not going to let the family go.

Is this confirmed? I mean, i knew it was bound to happen, but i thought it would be AT LEAST a year after Joshgate 1, and that was before joshgate 2. I wasn't expecting duggars on tv before spring 2017

I agree, DuggarsTheEndIsNear. TLC/Discovery loves the Duggars. The special did well and many viiewers were requesting a new season(I read the #Jill&JessaCountingOn)  Nancy Daniels said viewers care about in the Duggars sisters...............

An entire series about Jana being single? It would have to end with her courting/engaged/married. There is also a rumor that Jinger is courting.

26 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Were there any comments made? I cannot get to that section without giving my email address and Hell NO on that one.

Eff you TLC- I'd rather watch 600 lb people or people with goiters...better yet, I'd rather watch anything not on TLC.

Focus on Jana Duggar? Seriously, for an entire season?

see Jana smile 

see Jana cry 

see Jana hold a baby 

sounds like riveting television 

Ben must be ECSTATIC 

Unless Jana dates courts, gets engaged, marries and then is pregnant, there is no way she can hold a series on her own. Even if they sent her off to college crown! The only way Jana could hold a series is if she RAN and it showed her leaving her beliefs behind. And frankly, we all know that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

do you people actually think Josh would have the cojones to be back on tv ? seriously - wouldn't get booed endlessly 

as for Anna - here starts her mission of forgiveness 

here is hoping the adult children get their own cheques in their own bank accounts 

https://www.google.ca/search?q=19+kids+and+counting&rlz=1C1SNNT_enCA529CA530&oq=19+kids+nad+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.2511j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

hollywood gossip has it 

and they are on the cover of in touch again today - claiming new secrets - yes i bought it - no i haven't read it 

storylines 

ben joins seminary school (because he ain't leaving now) 

jana pretends to enjoy her life 

jill gets pregnant 

Jed gets a girlfriend 

Josie rides a horse

and the kicker Michelle and JB show us what they do all day 

24 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Did you even read what I wrote...?

I've read that there is filming going on and they have been seen with film crews on several sordid and questionable websites (in the comment sections).  Are you saying that isn't confirmation that it is true?  :shock:

BTW - we really need a sarcasm font.

This should be major news on the TLC site ... All I see is a single Christian website making a vague report, and that report being echoed by others.

Not saying it's not true... but wouldn't TLC have this on the front page of their website like right now?

Uhhhh I'll believe that 19 KAC is legit coming back when a legit news source/the TLC website/even the Duggars themselves say it is.

Until then, I think it's more likely TLC is filming specials to see if they can somehow spin it into a new series.

It's totally possible that they are filming but that they're not bringing back 19 Kids & Counting. They could be filming another special, or a different series focusing on the married daughters or the older kids or what have you.

It's also entirely possible that they are planning to bring back the original show, but as far as I can see, it hasn't been confirmed anywhere. It doesn't make much sense that the announcement would come from an unsourced online publication rather than TLC.

Does anyone remember what thread the link to contact TLC about the Duggars is in? I think I need to send a strongly worded criticism comment

6 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

It's totally possible that they are filming but that they're not bringing back 19 Kids & Counting. They could be filming another special, or a different series focusing on the married daughters or the older kids or what have you.

It's also entirely possible that they are planning to bring back the original show, but as far as I can see, it hasn't been confirmed anywhere. It doesn't make much sense that the announcement would come from an unsourced online publication rather than TLC.

I can see part of the PR strategy to "leak" the information of the come back to various message boards and maybe a tabloid, then an official announcement from TLC.

If Jana heads the *possibly making a comeback* 19kac I imagine the episode rundown would be something like this:

1. Jana on being single: It's a blessing
  2. Jana on being single: the slight jealousy of watching her sisters get married and it not being her
  3. Jana on being single: then my younger brothers and sisters started courting. I'm happy for them but sometimes my heart aches: cue Jinger/Joy + one of the old enough J-boys
  4. Jana on training to be a Godly woman (proverbs 31 v 13):  sewing and weaving for God
  5. Jana on training to be a Godly woman (proverbs 31 v 14): gardening in the back acres and going to farmer's markets
  6. Jana on training to be a Godly woman (proverbs 31 v 15): cooking from scratch
  7. Jana on training to be a Godly woman (proverbs 31 v 16-18): investing her earnings and working hard (in her own business)
  8. Jana on training to be a Godly woman (proverbs 31 v 20): volunteering all through her county (for reals this time)
  9. Jana on training to be a Godly woman (proverbs 31 25): jana has fun
  10. Jana on training to be a Godly woman (proverbs 31 v 28): sistermomhood prepares her for Godly childraising
  11. Jana is the latest Bachelorette (thanks Bates thread) (proverbs 31v23): Meet and greet the young and available fundy bachelors
  12. Jana is the latest Bachelorette (thanks Bates thread) (proverbs 31v23): Challenge 1 - Date 1

13. Jana is the latest Bachelorette (thanks Bates thread) (proverbs 31v23): Challenge 2 - Date 2

14. Jana is the latest Bachelorette (thanks Bates thread) (proverbs 31v23): Challenge 3 - Date 3

15. Jana is the latest Bachelorette (thanks Bates thread) (proverbs 31v23): Challenge 4 - Date 4

16. Jana gets Engaged

17. Jana gets Married (with a wooden 'treehouse' arbour)

That is enough episodes right? totally possible for them to have a dead boring season based on Jana. You don't even have to have a visit to the dentist

1 minute ago, OnceUponATime said:

If Jana heads the *possibly making a comeback* 19kac I imagine the episode rundown would be something like this:

1. Jana on being single: It's a blessing
  2. Jana on being single: the slight jealousy of watching her sisters get married and it not being her
  3. Jana on being single: then my younger brothers and sisters started courting. I'm happy for them but sometimes my heart aches: cue Jinger/Joy + one of the old enough J-boys
  4. Jana on training to be a Godly woman (proverbs 31 v 13):  sewing and weaving for God
  5. Jana on training to be a Godly woman (proverbs 31 v 14): gardening in the back acres and going to farmer's markets
  6. Jana on training to be a Godly woman (proverbs 31 v 15): cooking from scratch
  7. Jana on training to be a Godly woman (proverbs 31 v 16-18): investing her earnings and working hard (in her own business)
  8. Jana on training to be a Godly woman (proverbs 31 v 20): volunteering all through her county (for reals this time)
  9. Jana on training to be a Godly woman (proverbs 31 25): jana has fun
  10. Jana on training to be a Godly woman (proverbs 31 v 28): sistermomhood prepares her for Godly childraising
  11. Jana is the latest Bachelorette (thanks Bates thread) (proverbs 31v23): Meet and greet the young and available fundy bachelors
  12. Jana is the latest Bachelorette (thanks Bates thread) (proverbs 31v23): Challenge 1 - Date 1

13. Jana is the latest Bachelorette (thanks Bates thread) (proverbs 31v23): Challenge 2 - Date 2

14. Jana is the latest Bachelorette (thanks Bates thread) (proverbs 31v23): Challenge 3 - Date 3

15. Jana is the latest Bachelorette (thanks Bates thread) (proverbs 31v23): Challenge 4 - Date 4

16. Jana gets Engaged

17. Jana gets Married (with a wooden 'treehouse' arbour)

That is enough episodes right? totally possible for them to have a dead boring season based on Jana. You don't even have to have a visit to the dentist

yes - she needs her teeth cleaned before she gets married :D 

What are the odds it is a complete rumor? Have there been total rumors before? What they need are advertisers, actually. And that will be the thing. 

Ugh! If this happens, and I believe it really will at some point, I will not be watching even for snark value. I abhor Boob and DQ and the way they have brainwashed their children. My best friend watched every episode in the beginning and even she got sick of it and it turned into us making fun of it all. Lol my favorite thing she would say is anytime the Bates were on she called Gil Master Bates.  I'm LOLing at that as I type it.

5 minutes ago, OnceUponATime said:

They already managed to make a boring AF season without a single trip to the dentist. Jilly muffin's season was much more boring than this could ever be

2 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

What are the odds it is a complete rumor? Have there been total rumors before? What they need are advertisers, actually. And that will be the thing. 

wasn't a jill and jessa special a rumour 

um hello 

12 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I'm still firmly in the "I doubt this". TLC is the official leghumper enablers of the Duggars, and they would have this plastered as front-page news on their site: There isn't so much as a tweet from them.

I'll file this under the same category as Bigfoot, chemtrails, and Area 51 until proven otherwise.

• Coconut Flan locked and unlocked this topic

Archived