IGNORED

Where are the Duggars Going/Show Coming Back?

Apricot

I remember reading about this in the fall only because I thought it was so funny that "even hotter Jesus" was going to be playing alongside Kirk's sister as the ex of her heathen divorced best friend.  It isn't because I read everything about this new series due to my 80s obsession with John Stamos when he was Blackie on General Hospital.  Nor is it because I secretly wanted to be Becky Katsopolis for an oddly long time (this dream actually continued long after my crush on Blackie had withered to nothing).  Nope.  It's all about the fundies.  Heh.  Anyway, if earlier reports are true, here is Kimmy's ex - Juan Pablo Di Pace.  Hubba hubba!

juan-pace-800.jpg

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never watched Full House. I was too old for that show. ;)

When the Mary Tyler Moore show started MTM's character was originally supposed to be divorced to explain her single status. Later it was changed to 'a broken engagement'.  Divorce was too controversial for sitcoms in those days. 

1 hour ago, Jucifer said:

When the Mary Tyler Moore show started MTM's character was originally supposed to be divorced to explain her single status. Later it was changed to 'a broken engagement'.  Divorce was too controversial for sitcoms in those days. 

Oh no. Mary gave away pieces of her heart.

2 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I guess I got my information wrong.  I'm not sure how I feel about the reboot of the show.  

I'm going to watch it, but my expectations are ground level. I'm not expecting this to be good at all, especially since it's just a gender bend, which is the laziest way to do a sequel.

I might watch it, just to see how it looks. I'm not sure, though. I always enjoyed the show more for the relationships among the men and with the children. I'm not sure an update on two of the kids will be all that interesting. Maybe I'll just watch it for John Stamos.

Plus there's (gasp) indecent language in Fuller House. In the preview, Uncle Jesse says at the dining table, "Damn, we look good."

16 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Plus there's (gasp) indecent language in Fuller House. In the preview, Uncle Jesse says at the dining table, "Damn, we look good."

I doubt the Duggars would actually WATCH the show. And, honestly, the content has never gotten in the way of their shameless self promotion. They've gone on how many talk shows? And don't forget they were in a musical even though they're not allowed to dance.

5 hours ago, Jucifer said:

i caught MTM in reruns - but who remembers the episode when her parents were there and her mother said as she was leaving her home - and Mary and her father were in the kitchen and her mother said Don't forget your pill and both father and Mary said I won't - the look the parents gave her was hilarious 

19 hours ago, Whoosh said:

I remember reading about this in the fall only because I thought it was so funny that "even hotter Jesus" was going to be playing alongside Kirk's sister as the ex of her heathen divorced best friend.  It isn't because I read everything about this new series due to my 80s obsession with John Stamos when he was Blackie on General Hospital.  Nor is it because I secretly wanted to be Becky Katsopolis for an oddly long time (this dream actually continued long after my crush on Blackie had withered to nothing).  Nope.  It's all about the fundies.  Heh.  Anyway, if earlier reports are true, here is Kimmy's ex - Juan Pablo Di Pace.  Hubba hubba!

juan-pace-800.jpg

Wow! He is handsome!

21 hours ago, Jucifer said:

Fortunately, as the show evolved, it was strongly implied that Mary was sexually active (episode where she arrived home at dawn from a date and a reference to taking  BC pills) and she achieved more and more responsibilities at WJM eventually to producer.  I loved that show.

Mary Richards was one of the first female characters that was strong and independent in her own right.

8 minutes ago, Mothership said:

Fortunately, as the show evolved, it was strongly implied that Mary was sexually active (episode where she arrived home at dawn from a date and a reference to taking  BC pills) and she achieved more and more responsibilities at WJM eventually to producer.  I loved that show.

Mary Richards was one of the first female characters that was strong and independent in her own right.

And then there was Betty White as Sue Ann Nivens, Rhoda, Phyllis, Georgette - really incredible show in terms of emphasizing the fact that it was ok to be a strong independent career woman and it was ok to place more emphasis on the roles of wife and mother and it was ok to combine all that in the way that worked best for each woman. Also that no matter what balance a woman chose to try to strike, there were costs and benefits and ways that the system and the patriarchy would stand in her way.  Just a great show.  

Read today that the Duggars are denying there is going to be another show. Really? They have been seen filming. How stupid do they think we all are? It just chaps my hide all the lying and deceit that goes on in that fine Christian family. Derrick asking for prayers for a difficult place they are in but won't say what?!  Really? But, they went on to say the show would not be completely about Jana. So what is it Duggars? A show or no show? They are despicable.

4 hours ago, Valerie3kids said:

Read today that the Duggars are denying there is going to be another show. Really? They have been seen filming. How stupid do they think we all are? It just chaps my hide all the lying and deceit that goes on in that fine Christian family. Derrick asking for prayers for a difficult place they are in but won't say what?!  Really? But, they went on to say the show would not be completely about Jana. So what is it Duggars? A show or no show? They are despicable.

not "another" show. Just "the" show.

On 2/6/2016 at 10:00 PM, refugee said:

There are still people who look up to the Duggars. Why? I don't know. I had a conversation with one of them, who is "friends" with M -- from having met her at annual ATI get-togethers, I assume? They live on opposite sides of the country. And M is a "wonderful, sweet, humble, encouraging lady" and this person "can't imagine why people are so obsessed with throwing dirt on the Ds". It's sad, really.

Hide contents

Worst of all, this person has also seen molestation in their own family.

I think that at least with Michelle, like a lot of narcissists, she probably has a lot of superficial charm. She knows how to play the role she needs to play to get people to like, admire, or validate her. Someone who doesn't know her intimately would probably find her to be a sweet, soft-spoken, smiley sort of lady. But judging by her willingness to toss her own daughters under the bus to protect her disgusting pervert of a son, her hypersexual behavior, and her neglect of most if not all of her children after they're too old to amuse her, that's probably not who she truly is.

10 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I think that at least with Michelle, like a lot of narcissists, she probably has a lot of superficial charm. She knows how to play the role she needs to play to get people to like, admire, or validate her. Someone who doesn't know her intimately would probably find her to be a sweet, soft-spoken, smiley sort of lady. But judging by her willingness to toss her own daughters under the bus to protect her disgusting pervert of a son, her hypersexual behavior, and her neglect of most if not all of her children after they're too old to amuse her, that's probably not who she truly is.

Mullet is a nut bag, plain and simple. No other way to describe it. 

I know a lot of women who are bitches on wheels  but if you  talk to people in certain circles that they are involved in you think they are talking about another person. My sister is one of those. Her friends will tell you how helpful and caring she is, but when our parents were sick and dying over a period of several years she told me they were not her priority and refused to help. Now that they are gone and several of her friends have moved away, she comes and cries about wanting to be a family. My brothers  helped with the parents and gave me support. I will come if they call, but I am having a real problem with letting her back in. Sorry, started  on one topic and drifted.

On February 12, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Jucifer said:

The story I heard was that the network was worried that audiences would think she had divorced Dick Van Dyke/Rob Petrie.  (She played Laura Petre on the Ick Van Dyke show.)  Even though she would be using a different name and so forth, they were concerned that audiences would still identify her as "Rob's wife," if she was seen as anyone's (ex) wife at all.  

On 2/13/2016 at 0:07 PM, Mothership said:

That Girl with Marlo Thomas was my favorite independent woman in NY alone tv show.  I was young when it aired, but I loved the show and how funny and sweet it was.  "Oh, Donald!"

On 1/28/2016 at 6:03 PM, 19 cats and counting said:

Ok a few ideas about what could happen with this show

Treehouse--- as I read talk about building it, I immediately sing a song from Frozen to myself.  So like the Disney counterpart, it could become the subject of an intense sibling rivalry, where one shuts another out acting on orders from the parents, and the other has no idea what is going on.  Could be a catalyst for the eventual Jackson and Johannah separation.  Better yet, one (or more) use the treehouse as an opportunity to shut the lifestyle out (Jennifer just keeps slamming doors in someone's face).

(One of) Joseph, Josiah, Jed, or Jer learn about that other royal TV family and decide that Kylie Jenner is really hot and want to pursue a courtship wtih her (even though IIRC she's seeing someone) and fly to LA to stalk her.  

That could bring about an even more evil alliance than Boob and Mullet...Boob and Kris Jenner.  

7 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

That could bring about an even more evil alliance than Boob and Mullet...Boob and Kris Jenner.  

Kris jenner eats men like boob

21 hours ago, jcanglin991 said:

I know a lot of women who are bitches on wheels  but if you  talk to people in certain circles that they are involved in you think they are talking about another person. My sister is one of those. Her friends will tell you how helpful and caring she is, but when our parents were sick and dying over a period of several years she told me they were not her priority and refused to help. Now that they are gone and several of her friends have moved away, she comes and cries about wanting to be a family. My brothers  helped with the parents and gave me support. I will come if they call, but I am having a real problem with letting her back in. Sorry, started  on one topic and drifted.

Ah yes I have met many women like this.

So sorry to hear about your ma and pa. *Hugs*

3 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Kris jenner eats men like boob

I would like to think neither of them would touch each other with a 40 foot pole haha!!

On 2/12/2016 at 9:08 PM, Whoosh said:

juan-pace-800.jpg

This is the first time I can say that Jesus is defrauding me. Goodness me!

37 minutes ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

This is the first time I can say that Jesus is defrauding me. Goodness me!

Has anyone else seen the "sexy priest" calendars that gets released each year by the Vatican? Some serious defrauding there... http://www.thegailygrind.com/2013/12/09/meet-hottest-catholic-priests-vatican-city-new-2014-calendar/http://www.thegailygrind.com/2013/12/09/meet-hottest-catholic-priests-vatican-city-new-2014-calendar/ 

3 hours ago, InThePrayerCloset said:

Has anyone else seen the "sexy priest" calendars that gets released each year by the Vatican? Some serious defrauding there... http://www.thegailygrind.com/2013/12/09/meet-hottest-catholic-priests-vatican-city-new-2014-calendar/http://www.thegailygrind.com/2013/12/09/meet-hottest-catholic-priests-vatican-city-new-2014-calendar/ 

OMG, everybody needs to click the link in that article to the "Orthodox calendar." NSFW. Talk about defrauding. 

• Coconut Flan locked and unlocked this topic

Archived