IGNORED

Bates Family Part 8

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

That's when you look at him deep in the eyes and say "SHUT UP AND DO ME" lol  

Lawson's cute but like your niece said "Shit, he opened his mouth."

I was friends with this guy in college who called Ryan Lochte (the Olympic swimmer) an Apple Boy -- he's cute and has a great body, but you just want to put an apple in his mouth so you don't have to hear him talk.

Lawson is an Apple Boy.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank goodness you're all here to constantly remind us all that the Bates may be forced by their network to appear like an everyday family, but liking them would be dangerous.

I was just about to join their cult after I realised their show makes me smile and that Lawson is handsome. How dare they try to rope me into their religion and lifestyle! Tsk, tsk!

I really don't dig Lawson AT ALL. There's just something off about his face? He gives me the same feeling Ryan Reynolds and Brad Pitt do in terms of looks. Like.... just nothing, falls flat. If anyone is attractive in the Bates family, its the women. Erin and Tori are stunning.

4 hours ago, sisterwives said:

I really don't dig Lawson AT ALL. There's just something off about his face? He gives me the same feeling Ryan Reynolds and Brad Pitt do in terms of looks. Like.... just nothing, falls flat. If anyone is attractive in the Bates family, its the women. Erin and Tori are stunning.

Agreed. I don't feel defrauded by the Bates or Duggar boys. 

(And I've never understood Brad Pitt's attraction. He's a solid Meh to me)

It is obviously preference. I think all the Bates children are good  looking. I honestly cannot say the same for the Duggars. IMO there are a couple of good-looking girls, but that is it. 

15 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

It is obviously preference. I think all the Bates children are good  looking. I honestly cannot say the same for the Duggars. IMO there are a couple of good-looking girls, but that is it. 

I also think that people that are genuinely happy or somewhat happy seem to appear better looking. For the most part, the Bates kids seem pretty happy and not in a keep sweet way. The Duggars tend to look miserable even when smiling. Duggar smiles rarely reach their eyes. 

I also think that people that are genuinely happy or somewhat happy seem to appear better looking. For the most part, the Bates kids seem pretty happy and not in a keep sweet way. The Duggars tend to look miserable even when smiling. Duggar smiles rarely reach their eyes. 

----------------------

----------------------

///The above quote messed up and I can't fix it via tapatalk.

///

Because you said they seem happy I need to remind you that they were bought up using an outdated and harsh parenting style and that they had a room dedicated to white supremacists. But I'm sure you already knew that. What will your Godly hobbies be now that you're a part of the Gothard cult? FJ can't be one of them ;)

See how ridiculous that is? Every single time someone says something about them, the racism and cult card is pulled. We get it. We know. They're in a cult and Gil and Kelly are criminal masterminds. We read the threads and it's been said every 20 posts or so.

1 hour ago, actuallyjessica said:

See how ridiculous that is? Every single time someone says something about them, the racism and cult card is pulled. We get it. We know. They're in a cult and Gil and Kelly are criminal masterminds. We read the threads and it's been said every 20 posts or so.

YES. It's so tiring to read the "you have to remember they're in a cult" every other page. We all know. I don't think anybody is actually lured in to Gothardism by saying that the Bates kids seem to have a truly happier appearance than the Duggars. We are not exactly setting the bar very high for comparison. 

Let's get back to the really important stuff: the cute babies, cute clothes and good looking kids. Let's not forget, they're nicer than the Duggars. After all, that's what FJ's all about.

1 hour ago, HRM1216 said:

YES. It's so tiring to read the "you have to remember they're in a cult" every other page. We all know. I don't think anybody is actually lured in to Gothardism by saying that the Bates kids seem to have a truly happier appearance than the Duggars. We are not exactly setting the bar very high for comparison. 

How about this than. You have to remember Fj is a snark site. 

There are plenty of places across the Web to leg hump these fools. This is where I come for real talk. 

Carry on with the cute babies and what not.  Also carry on with exposeing the failing of the Bates. The largest being that they are in a cult.  Do not stop pointing this out. 

Lawson is fine but by jeepers does he know it... Kinda ruins it for me - I have too many memories of sleeping with guys in my twenties because they were hot, only to discover that the hot guys were rubbish in bed :my_dodgy: They never had to learn any tricks because there was always a parade of silly girls willing to sleep with them based on their hotness alone! (And yes, I'm pointing in the mirror with that one)

So Lawson...meh. Fundie virgin, won't have a clue. I'd rather sort myself out and be assured of a result, ta.

Reminds me of a scene in Revenge of the Nerds. Louis finally gets laid by a cheerleader, who is blindfolded and think she is having sex with a jock (yes I realize that is creepy and problematic). When the blindfold comes off she exclaims "A nerd! How is it you are so good at sex?" To which Lewis responds "Jocks only think about sports, Nerds only think about sex."

Back to your regularly scheduled thread!

On 1/29/2016 at 9:53 AM, singsingsing said:

Lawson is cute in an average sort of way, but I don't find him physically attractive at all. I think a lot of young girls like him because he's cute and non-threatening, like Justin Bieber back in the day before he went off the rails.

This is always the way! So many young girls go crazy for guys that are very feminine looking, like you said, non-threatening. I remember the littlest New Kid on the Block being the one everyone had a crush on. Then when I was a little older Scott Wolf (lol). Just cute. Lawson is exactly like that. And those One Direction guys, I'm at an age where I can't see how anyone can find them attractive! 

On 1/29/2016 at 10:51 AM, 19 cats and counting said:

Lawson is not a bad looking guy.  Would I have a 1 night stand with him?  Probably.  Would I date him?  Absolutely not--- too full of himself and definitely not my type.  

He's definitely going to be a catch for some fundie girl (Duggar or not).  

it's Fuck, Marry, Kill fundie style!!

31 minutes ago, twinmama said:

This is always the way! So many young girls go crazy for guys that are very feminine looking, like you said, non-threatening. I remember the littlest New Kid on the Block being the one everyone had a crush on. Then when I was a little older Scott Wolf (lol). Just cute. Lawson is exactly like that. And those One Direction guys, I'm at an age where I can't see how anyone can find them attractive! 

it's Fuck, Marry, Kill fundie style!!

@twinmama Joey McIntyre was hot then and is hot now. NKOTB Forever. Lawson could only wish to age that well. Anyway, I find Lawsom nice but would be a little meh for me if I was still in that age group. I feel he would spend more time in front of the mirror than I would. I am just wondering if his parents really expect that Lawson will suddenly decide to become super fundy with eleventy kids. Lawson already has one foot out of fundy land. He seems to want to be out in the world in the thick of things. At least it seems as though Lawson is getting exposure to the outside world and maybe he will take it with him. 

3 minutes ago, socalrules said:

@twinmama Joey McIntyre was hot then and is hot now. NKOTB Forever. Lawson could only wish to age that well.

While I was in no way ever anything anyone could consider a bad girl (more like a boring girl), I always liked Donnie! 

How about this than. You have to remember Fj is a snark site. 

There are plenty of places across the Web to leg hump these fools. This is where I come for real talk. 

Carry on with the cute babies and what not.  Also carry on with exposeing the failing of the Bates. The largest being that they are in a cult.  Do not stop pointing this out. 

So we're leg humpers because we think their babies are cute? No one says real conversation can't be had. Bradley Bates is *really* cute! I jest.

I certainly do not agree with how they've been in a horrible cult and made some very bad choices over the past 25 years because of it, but I'm not ready to simply write their offspring off just because of affiliation or choices that their parents have made.

This family is the Bitch Eating Cookies for some of you on here.

Edit: why the hell do my quotes keep messing up on here, but never on any other websites that I tapatalk for?

I personally don't think that Bradley Bates or any other Bates grandkid is the cutest baby in the world.

and yes, they do belong to a dangerous cult!

Because of the "Lawson: Hot or Not" debate, I spent an hour watching on YouTube. Not a full hour on Lawson but I did see part of a video with him singing Blue Christmas with Joy and Jason Duggar (Jason mumbled and Joy roughly followed the lyrics off her phone). Then I was sidetracked by a cat video (really cute orange cat named Marmalade who had a swollen eye and was wearing a cone of shame). Then an episode of "Most Popular Girl In School" ( it is hilarious!). Then, a video tribute to Bo Brady from Days Of Our Lives ( I still can't believe he was killed off! ). Finally back to Lawson in a video from his family's show. He was grocery shopping and bought lots of milk, cereal and bags of chips. Sounds like the diet of any guy in college except he lives in a cult full of his siblings.

Conclusion: not hot, especially compared to Bo Brady. And Marmalade the cat. 

That's what annoys me about this forum. You can't say anything remotely positive without being called a leghumper by someone. Acknowledging that Chad really seems to love is really affectionate with Erin does not negate their dangerous beliefs and opinions. Few people in this world have absolutely no redeeming qualities and acknowledging them doesn't make you a leghumper. Even worse is when someone jumps down your throat when they think your saying something positive and your not, i.e.. The Bates seem to care about their kids more than the Duggars. We're not saying that they are the worlds best parents or even necessarily that the actually do care but that they seem to more than the Duggars (not that that's hard).

Chad loves Erin, big deal.  He's her husband, that's his job.  The bar is set so low for these people that they get gushing and cooing for doing things that are the minimal expectations for someone outside a cult.  And sorry, there is nothing exceptional about the looks of any of their babies to me.  Sure, they're cute.  Most babies are.

16 minutes ago, Cats B4 Quivers said:

Finally back to Lawson in a video from his family's show. He was grocery shopping and bought lots of milk, cereal and bags of chips. Sounds like the diet of any guy in college except he lives in a cult full of his siblings.

That is the video where I realised that the Bates weren't that much smarter than the Duggars. I spent all of it talking back to my screen about what he should be purchasing to save a lot more than the paltry amount he did save. He saved less than 15% (I know it's sad I hunted down the video and did the maths).

Why buy chicken breasts when you can buy a few whole chickens for almost half the price? Then you can prepare them all in a few minutes then chuck them in the oven and walk away for a few hours instead of standing there poaching them like I saw in one of the first episodes of BUB. We've cooked 4 chickens at the same time  in our oven before. You should always buy fresh or frozen vegetables over canned they're so much cheaper. And you can make stock out of the chicken bones and vegetable peelings. Hell chuck the bones in a large pot boil and add some veggies and a starch and you have soup. Two whole meals out of the same chickens. Also why was he buying so much cereal when you can buy oats at a fraction of the cost and can make a big pot full of porridge? It's even cheaper if you make it traditionally with water and a pinch of salt instead of the 50 million gallons of milk you bought.

God, it still annoys me.

4 minutes ago, AreteJo said:

Chad loves Erin, big deal.  He's her husband, that's his job.  The bar is set so low for these people that they get gushing and cooing for doing things that are the minimal expectations for someone outside a cult.  And sorry, there is nothing exceptional about the looks of any of their babies to me.  Sure, they're cute.  Most babies are.

I say this type of thing about everyone (family, friends, random strangers). I am not going to not say it just because of their beliefs. I think its healthy to be able to acknowledge people's good and bad points and to not demonise everything they do.

Any guy who dumps that much stuff in his hair is out for me - fundie or not.  I dated a few "primp in front of the mirror" types and they were all selfish twits.

1 hour ago, Cats B4 Quivers said:

Then, a video tribute to Bo Brady from Days Of Our Lives ( I still can't believe he was killed off! ). 

Oh Em Gee. THEY KILLED BO BRADY?!?!?!  :PLEURE:

I have now lost my ability to Even. 

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived