IGNORED

Bates Family Part 8

Coconut Flan

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay!  He's still single and has virgin lips ripe for corruption and defrauding.  Can some of y'all creeper types give me a heads up next time he's in Nashvegas? ;)  

23 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I find the last post from Ihart1001 funny. "Next bachelor?" Could you imagine if UP did a bachelor series under the strict fundie courtship standards? The difference would be 10 men kidadults, and 10 women kidadults working to pair up with no touching and with chaperones and do character tests. I think that would shine some light on what gotheradism is all about :) 

IG Bates.png

So basically the show "Married by Mom and Dad" on TLC

2 hours ago, freethemall said:

So basically the show "Married by Mom and Dad" on TLC

I was actually thinking the parents wouldn't be around but touché, touché!

Lawson is fine but by jeepers does he know it... Kinda ruins it for me - I have too many memories of sleeping with guys in my twenties because they were hot, only to discover that the hot guys were rubbish in bed :my_dodgy: They never had to learn any tricks because there was always a parade of silly girls willing to sleep with them based on their hotness alone! (And yes, I'm pointing in the mirror with that one)

So Lawson...meh. Fundie virgin, won't have a clue. I'd rather sort myself out and be assured of a result, ta.

25 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

Lawson is fine but by jeepers does he know it... Kinda ruins it for me - I have too many memories of sleeping with guys in my twenties because they were hot, only to discover that the hot guys were rubbish in bed :my_dodgy: They never had to learn any tricks because there was always a parade of silly girls willing to sleep with them based on their hotness alone! (And yes, I'm pointing in the mirror with that one)

So Lawson...meh. Fundie virgin, won't have a clue. I'd rather sort myself out and be assured of a result, ta.

Ahhhh, my philosophy on men in general.

My oldest niece thought Lawson was hot. Then she said "shit, he just opened his mouth".

Lawson is cute in an average sort of way, but I don't find him physically attractive at all. I think a lot of young girls like him because he's cute and non-threatening, like Justin Bieber back in the day before he went off the rails.

1 hour ago, IrishCarrie said:

IDK, I might try to learn 'im if I had the chance.  He's kind of my type.  My friends lol everytime I start dating a new guy because they all look exactly alike. 

Lawson is not a bad looking guy.  Would I have a 1 night stand with him?  Probably.  Would I date him?  Absolutely not--- too full of himself and definitely not my type.  

He's definitely going to be a catch for some fundie girl (Duggar or not).  

Lawson has a fine body and he is good looking but not exceptionally good looking (if one just looks at the face). He also has the advantage of being significantly better looking than his brothers who are closer in age despite none of them being ugly. I think he is a bit full of himself but given his age it is not too much. If he is still like that at 28 he can go f* himself... As I have said before, I can see him cheat with the purity rules, perhaps not lose his virginity but definitely kiss a girl if he was sure no one would find out. I definitely think he flirts with girls even if he doesn't cross the line into something physical. A guy that likes himself that much wouldn't be able to not do that. I am pretty sure even if he is with his siblings close in age they wouldn't tell on him as long as it was just flirting and talking.

All the fundygirls throwing themselves at Lawson on his Instagram remind me of Lisa Simpson's favorite magazine:

tumblr_lg3grnqd7x1qgllp5o1_500.jpg

The attractiveness of Lawson and the Bates in general is precisely what makes them so dangerous, in my opinion. Now that they've ditched the frumpers and adopted their fun, friendly, "aw shucks!" personas, they're able to appeal to a much wider audience. Appearing attractive and approachable is like Cult Indoctrination 101.

I mean, look what good looks and a friendly demeanor did for Ted Bundy.*

*I am not calling the Bates serial killers. I'm just trying to make a point.

I realize that some of y'all are trying to have an intelligent conversation about how dangerous the Bates Family is, and how gross Gil's actions have been/are, and how weird Kelly is, and how indoctrinated the kids are, and I think all of that is true.  Comments re: Lawson's cougar-bait status are strictly in fun.  

Damn you television producers with your Clip Episodes. I just waisted 25 minuets of my life for zero new footage. For once I didn’t smile one bit, this weeks episode made me ragey.

You know, if I were a member of a mega-family formerly and still associated with the Duggars and I was trying to start a music career, I would stay far away from any songs that MIGHT EVEN SORT OF sound like Joshua Duggar's amazing "Loyalty Song" to Anna.  Because that is ALL I can think about, and I have to think that that is the LAST think Lawson would want.

"Froggy Went a Courtin'" would be better than this.  Then all I think of is Mr. Toad and reckless driving, who, by the way, never had any wrecks on the scale of Josh Duggar.

I haven't heard Lawson's new song, but the one Josh sang was an IBLP song that the Bates probably grew up singing and don't really associate with Josh. 

1 hour ago, Screamapillar said:

The attractiveness of Lawson and the Bates in general is precisely what makes them so dangerous, in my opinion. Now that they've ditched the frumpers and adopted their fun, friendly, "aw shucks!" personas, they're able to appeal to a much wider audience. Appearing attractive and approachable is like Cult Indoctrination 101.

I mean, look what good looks and a friendly demeanor did for Ted Bundy.*

*I am not calling the Bates serial killers. I'm just trying to make a point.

Personally, I don't think the Bates are that influential. Probably half their viewers are already fundie and the other half are gawkers with enough sense to not drink the Kool-Aid. I find a lot of the talk about how dangerous they are to be a over-exaggerated because when it comes down to it they are just a large Christian family from a small Southern town on a small Christian network. I don't see them ever being as popular as the Duggars and that's a good thing.

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

You know, if I were a member of a mega-family formerly and still associated with the Duggars and I was trying to start a music career, I would stay far away from any songs that MIGHT EVEN SORT OF sound like Joshua Duggar's amazing "Loyalty Song" to Anna.  Because that is ALL I can think about, and I have to think that that is the LAST think Lawson would want.

"Froggy Went a Courtin'" would be better than this.  Then all I think of is Mr. Toad and reckless driving, who, by the way, never had any wrecks on the scale of Josh Duggar.

OMG this. I keep hearing Josh's Loyalty Song in my head when I see the promotional stuff for I Will Always.

43 minutes ago, MissBitters said:

Personally, I don't think the Bates are that influential. Probably half their viewers are already fundie and the other half are gawkers with enough sense to not drink the Kool-Aid. I find a lot of the talk about how dangerous they are to be a over-exaggerated because when it comes down to it they are just a large Christian family from a small Southern town on a small Christian network. I don't see them ever being as popular as the Duggars and that's a good thing.

No they are not "just a large Christian family from a small Southern town", and that is precisely the problem. 

That's how they want to appear. What lies beneath is chilling.

5 minutes ago, Charliemae said:

No they are not "just a large Christian family from a small Southern town", and that is precisely the problem. 

That's how they want to appear. What lies beneath is chilling.

:clap:  :Yes:  :agree:

The Bates are horrible but Lawson is pretty damn hot to me. Definitely my type phisically but i wouldn't stand his fundie stupidity. Yes to a fling, No to a relationship.

13 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

My oldest niece thought Lawson was hot. Then she said "shit, he just opened his mouth".

That's when you look at him deep in the eyes and say "SHUT UP AND DO ME" lol  

Lawson's cute but like your niece said "Shit, he opened his mouth."

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived