IGNORED

Bates Family Part 8

Coconut Flan

26 minutes ago, doubleT said:

Here is how the kiss went down.  Gil said that after he gives Michael a kiss on the cheek then Brandon and her can share their first kiss.  Then Gil leaned over and gave her a peck on her cheek.  I thought it was weird too, like another "transfer from my control to yours" kind of symbolism.  Whitney, however,  just thought it was a sweetest gesture and made her cry.    

I thought I did see Nathan sitting next to his girl during the ceremony.  You can't see her well, but you can tell its her.  I'll try to go back and find it and get a screen shot of it. 

Callie was difficult to watch for me.  Even before Michael got into the SUV to leave, she was the last one she hugged.  But I thought Michael's non-reaction to her sisters and Dad crying was not out of the ordinary.  She looking forward to something and they are only seeing the loss.  Michael waited a long time for this to happen ... five years!  For a fundie living at home with no real aspirations, that is a long, long time.   I am happy for her, even if Brandon is no Chad.  LOL!  I do think Brandon loves her and is excited about being married to her.  But he thinks about work and career and things too.  Whereas her whole world is Brandon. 

Pretty much, but I am glad she finally got the guy. We were all like, well maybe just me, when is it her turn. Erin, Zach, Alyssa got married; how about Michael? The crying could be yes my sister is going, but it also means they need to step it up in the housework area. No more slacking for them. kidding...a little funny though

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WAIT...Brandon's mom's hair is not a wig?! This entire time I thought it was a wig.

So I thought the wedding was actually pretty dull, but I tried to spot as many people as I could. The shots were very fast, however, and we didn't get too many close ups of anyone in particular. Jana was the most visible, and I saw Anastasia and Ashley, as well as Joy Anna. There was a kind of funny quick moment where James makes a face into the camera, but I can't remember who else was in that scene, maybe Brandon and Gil ? I didn't see Sierra, was she there? This wedding planner didn't even concoct a fake problem for the drama, boo!

The way the family acted towards Alyssa was annoying. I'm glad they didn't trash the car, I hate that. Michael looked so happy, I don't think she stopped smiling. The first kiss was a bit awkward, Brandon dipped in their quickly - and Gil pissed me off getting that kiss on the cheek in first, I also thought it seemed like a "transfer of power." Ugh, something Boob would do.

Wasn't there a reception in a gym or something? I thought I had seen pics from somewhere, maybe Jill's Facebook. This wedding didn't answer the same questions that the Duggars were asked - Is there alcohol? Why no dancing? etc. It just went ceremony, nice shot of Michael and Brandon, they leave, and Callie cried, A LOT. At the end it even looked like she was desperately trying to grab Michael from getting the car. Kelly looked nice though.

1 hour ago, doubleT said:

I do think Brandon loves her and is excited about being married to her.  But he thinks about work and career and things too.  Whereas her whole world is Brandon. 

Good point. In general I am happy for her. She deserves it. There is just something about Brandon but I can't say what it is.

Kelly had a miscarriage in September 2012. Erin and Chad began courting in December 2012. This per their official blog.

29 minutes ago, JoyfulSel said:

Wasn't there a reception in a gym or something? I thought I had seen pics from somewhere, maybe Jill's Facebook. This wedding didn't answer the same questions that the Duggars were asked - Is there alcohol? Why no dancing? etc. It just went ceremony, nice shot of Michael and Brandon, they leave, and Callie cried, A LOT. At the end it even looked like she was desperately trying to grab Michael from getting the car. Kelly looked nice though.

I believe their reception was in a hall (or gym) at the church.  In last season when they looked at places, as I recall the church person said they could get married on that specific date, but they had some sort of teen lock-in or something going on that night so the wedding had to be finished and out of there by a certain time that evening.  So they probably had an extremely short reception compared to the typical reception (although fundie receptions can't be THAT long compared to most people's since there is no dancing and they barely feed people).  That would explain why they left from the church in their non-tainted SUV while it was still daylight as well.

26 minutes ago, Snarkle said:

I believe their reception was in a hall (or gym) at the church.  In last season when they looked at places, as I recall the church person said they could get married on that specific date, but they had some sort of teen lock-in or something going on that night so the wedding had to be finished and out of there by a certain time that evening.  So they probably had an extremely short reception compared to the typical reception (although fundie receptions can't be THAT long compared to most people's since there is no dancing and they barely feed people).  That would explain why they left from the church in their non-tainted SUV while it was still daylight as well.

Ah yes, I remember that! I did notice that it was still daylight outside, or maybe they just skipped most of the reception all together and some of the photos were from after they had already left. We saw them cutting the cake but that was it. I still wish we had seen some, just so I could fundie watch, LOL! I wanted to see if I could recognize more people. UP did a good job of keeping the cameras moving and not showing anyone (non-Bates) for too long.

I wonder if they went to the reception with the food, or just cut the cake and run and consummate the marriage. I know from the planning they had food, actual food. 

Also I really hate how Up edits this show. They have music with words, voice overs during conversations when its unecessary. They wasted 5 minutes of them lining up and her counting down the minutes. I rather have watched the dinner rehearsal. They also shoot weird angles. 

I saw Dan and Derrick Dillard. Also saw Jenny, johannah, joy Anna, bin, James, and Jackson. Mostly during the wedding rehearsal. 

Perhaps the reason they didn't show a lot of the reception was because Jill Rod was following the UP camera crew around shoving her PRECIOUS children in front of them in hopes that they would get noticed and be the next large family with a television show. Not even UP can make that family look normal. 

I too thought the interaction when Alyssa first arrived was pretty awkward. At first I thought it was Gil greeting her but then I rewound it and noticed it was actually Zaxh and Whitney. I found it weird that they spent so much time interviewing the family members about her new darker hair. I'm like, come on show me the drama filled Duggars already.  

9 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Leo looks great to me. So does Paul Rudd. River would be is his forties? Is a shame what happened :'(.

Girl this is gonna be the Hunger Games cause I will fight you to death for my man Johnny lol. In all seriousness he needs to get rid of annoying gold digger amber and get back together with winona, this middle age crisis he's having is annoying already. (I can't stand amber)

I think I could possibly share him with other freejingerites, and Winona. Maybe. As long as we could all go live on the island and Amber disappeared. Btw, Winona has aged beautifully. Seriously though, any man who buys his own island is just freaking perfect. He's going to be one of those ones who disappears for a year and then we find out he's gone :(

I really hope they way they greeted Alyssa was staged because if not it was very rude and all together too awkward for words. Part of me wondered if they were angry about her dying her hair or her sleeveless dress but I am going to hope it was just an odd staged interaction by UP. 

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Perhaps the reason they didn't show a lot of the reception was because Jill Rod was following the UP camera crew around shoving her PRECIOUS children in front of them in hopes that they would get noticed and be the next large family with a television show. Not even UP can make that family look normal. 

If they would give Jill rod a reality show, I would be done with reality tv. Do you see her at all during the wedding?

6 hours ago, vienna said:

Good point. In general I am happy for her. She deserves it. There is just something about Brandon but I can't say what it is.

Exactly! I always thought that she was more in love with him than he is with her,  if at all. Maybe he couldn't end the courtship because men don't do that in their world? Idk.

First post, btw :-), looooooong time lurker.

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

She must have been really trying to get them to tape her. And when they didn't she was probably severely disappointed

https://youtu.be/2uiAEv4Hdi0

We discussed this a few pages back but I'm wonderning who else caught the bit of Erin at the end, saying "She [Michael] read the encyclopedia when she was little, at least that's what she told me"? 

Whitney looked embarrassed, Erin seemed amused and Michael was like "Am I supposed to be [nervous]?". I am now convinced that Michael didn't want to imply that she didn't think of sex at all, but that she doesn't think of it as something she should be nervous about.

Having Erin say "the first kiss was a big thing and then after the wedding and the big shebang[...]" reminded me of way back when they were newlyweds. Someone on FJ remarked that Erin looked a little uncomfortable in post-wedding pictures and in pictures weeks and months after. I'm now thinking that was probably true, and she may have found it harder to adapt to the new-found level of intimacy. After all, she was the poster child for the devout, hard-working, talented and pure fundie princess. She suddenly turned into somebody's wife and had to jump into intimacy right away. 

4 hours ago, Pretzel said:

She must have been really trying to get them to tape her. And when they didn't she was probably severely disappointed

We discussed this a few pages back but I'm wonderning who else caught the bit of Erin at the end, saying "She [Michael] read the encyclopedia when she was little, at least that's what she told me"? 

Whitney looked embarrassed, Erin seemed amused and Michael was like "Am I supposed to be [nervous]?". I am now convinced that Michael didn't want to imply that she didn't think of sex at all, but that she doesn't think of it as something she should be nervous about.

Having Erin say "the first kiss was a big thing and then after the wedding and the big shebang[...]" reminded me of way back when they were newlyweds. Someone on FJ remarked that Erin looked a little uncomfortable in post-wedding pictures and in pictures weeks and months after. I'm now thinking that was probably true, and she may have found it harder to adapt to the new-found level of intimacy. After all, she was the poster child for the devout, hard-working, talented and pure fundie princess. She suddenly turned into somebody's wife and had to jump into intimacy right away. 

if you're COMPLETELY naive & stunted as much as these fundie royalty, how do you figure out sex?  how long does it take these couples to actually consummate their marriage?

:brainbleach:

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 11:55 PM, kjmackin said:

Adding to the discussion of childhchildhood crushes Leonardo DiCaprio has been my celeb crush since I saw Romeo & Juliet in theaters. I was around 1st grade at that point and just recently slowly been turned off by him recently due celebrity gossip blogs. Also I just passed the age of his dating pool last November. Still turned on from initial appearances of tall guys with blonde hair and blue eyes with swimmers like build but can lose interest real fast if I find out that they are of just average intelligence and not into Science & Math  

Before Leo my crushes was the prince from Princess & the Swan and Jonthan Taylor Thomas. I still find JTT to be attractive when I come across him. 

Although I should mention my husband looks very little to what I am initial attractive to besides the swimmer's build. He does other check off the intelligence & into Math&Science category.

I was never into JTT, but Leo and Devon Sawa  (from Casper) were my middle school crushes :)

if you're COMPLETELY naive & stunted as much as these fundie royalty, how do you figure out sex?  how long does it take these couples to actually consummate their marriage?

Well, it seemingly took Jill and Derick 2.5 seconds.

And Bin and Jessa didn't even make it out of their church (haha!)

Oh, no.  That story about Ben and Jessa again.  That was from a parody site - not reality.  The tabloid writers picked it up and ran with it. 

1 hour ago, actuallyjessica said:

Well, it seemingly took Jill and Derick 2.5 seconds.

And Bin and Jessa didn't even make it out of their church (haha!)

But Derick wasn't a completely naive, emotionally stunted fundie & the Bin & Jessa story is false.

My above post was an attempt at lighthearted humour which included exaggerating timelines and poking fun at a tabloid story, hence the "haha".

[emoji848]

4 hours ago, pnwgypsy said:

I always wonder how horrible it must be, especially for the women, to jump from not touching at all to the highest level of physical intimicy within hours. For normal people it takes years. And I cannot imagine that the girls are being calmed before their wedding like "It's ok to tell him to go slow and take your time" or something. But that they are told to fulfill their duty and don't say a peap even if it hurts like hell. I hope the men are told to go slow and be respectful, please tell me that's the case...omg.

1 hour ago, ambereyes said:

I always wonder how horrible it must be, especially for the women, to jump from not touching at all to the highest level of physical intimicy within hours. For normal people it takes years. And I cannot imagine that the girls are being calmed before their wedding like "It's ok to tell him to go slow and take your time" or something. But that they are told to fulfill their duty and don't say a peap even if it hurts like hell. I hope the men are told to go slow and be respectful, please tell me that's the case...omg.

Not just that but to go from modesty and not showing skin to being fully naked in front of someone for the first time in forever. 

BTW there are Christian books out there that tackle the issue of wedding night intimacy. I'm not sure they are Fundie approved

It irks me they say the first kiss at the altar is a big thing and never mind the couple is happy.

And while it is natural to be sad you're sister/brother is leaving, the way the little kids cry after them proves how much they depend on the older girls.

Thanks to all of you who clarified what Gil did at First Kiss Time.

In reaction to having my worst fears confirmed, can I just say BBLLLLLEEEEEEEUURRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

:56247904e3b6a_ConanONoes::56247904e3b6a_ConanONoes::56247904e3b6a_ConanONoes:

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived