IGNORED

Bates Family Part 8

Coconut Flan

23 minutes ago, JMO said:

I finally finished the episode. I saw Bin and Jenny\Jordan a couple times as well as JoyAnna and of course plenty of Jana. Michael was irritating me by the end but if I was raised in that environment and I spent 5yrs dreaming about kissing my first crush I'd probably be saccharine and giddy at the thought of finally getting married.

I think I'd be terrified. 

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Can anyone post of pic of Nathan and Ashley; if they were shown in last nights episode?

Seconded, I really wasn't paying close enough attention to the guests. 

Ashley was in the episode, but on the staff  at the church helping set up for the wedding. There were no shots of her and Nathan together. 

I think Michael reminded me of Jill at her wedding. All the younger kids took it really hard that she was leaving and she was happy as ever. They both seemed emotionless, like their indentured servitude is complete and now they can make babies and cook in peace. Jill is clearly Jim bobs favorite as Michael is Gil's. I don't think Jill cried once at her wedding, not even as she was leaving. Callie cried hysterically to the point where it was hard to watch, much like Jenny. 

Like even pout faced Jessa cried as she said goodbye to Jim bob and Michelle. But Jill just hopped into the truck. 

In real life people don't really cry saying goodbye to their parents, mainly because they have been living in sin for years and been fled the coop. But these people...... These people.....

and did any else see Bill gothard, or was that another shriveled up perv?

7 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Mrs.Keilen's hair. I can't even. Lucy from Peanuts.

The "I need to kiss her first" was just icky. 

Obviously it's a helmet! You people are clueless. Hair cannot go into they shape naturally in real life. 

And Gil copied whitneys dad who did the same thing. It was extremely icky. 

I don't think Michael/la was emotionless - just the opposite.  She was so happy she probably didn't shed many tears, and if she did, they weren't shown.  Gil was shown crying much more than Michael!  Considering how long she waited to get married and fly the coop, she deserves some alone time.  She was portrayed as not being too sad about moving away (although her sisters, including Tori and of course Callie, were weeping), but as the oldest, most dutiful sibling she is probably happy settling down not near the Bates compound.  Alyssa couldn't wait to leave the nest and seems happiest in her new life (once again, that's at least how she's portrayed), and Michael, while she'll miss her family, is probably somewhat relieved to simply be a wife and not a sister-mom and stay-at-home-daughter for a change.

15 hours ago, pnwgypsy said:

Is that Brandon's mom with the crazy black helmet hair in the shot near the end of the ceremony? It almost looks like her hair is molded plastic placed on her head like a Lego.

She's always reminded me of Mrs Crabtree from South Park with the bug eyes and literal bird's nest in her hair. 

image.jpg

I don't know why this struck me suddenly, and I don't know why putting it in this perspective is amazing me, but Jeb was only 21 and 22 months old when Erin/Chad and Zach/Whit got married, which is only how old Bradley will be July-August. It just doesn't seem that long ago he was born and the summer doesn't feel that far off. Kelly really only just stopped having kids. 

8 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Periodically I become signed out on all of my devices at once. Then it becomes a question of what is the most compelling reason to log back in. Celebrity crushes. I liked Leo when he popped up at the end of Growing Pains. It's especially nice to have him there now, in light of what's become of Mr. Cameron. *shudder*  And, 41 stops being old when you realize that technically you could have been in high school at the same time. (I just had this exact conversation with a guy I've started to see. I was in 8th grade when he graduated, but close enough) *resigned sigh*

Oh Paul Rudd. And John Cusack. And Christian Slater (he hasn't aged so well). And River Phoenix. And Winona Ryder. I just wanted to be her. And Patrick Stewart. Those were my early ones.

Leo looks great to me. So does Paul Rudd. River would be is his forties? Is a shame what happened :'(.

Girl this is gonna be the Hunger Games cause I will fight you to death for my man Johnny lol. In all seriousness he needs to get rid of annoying gold digger amber and get back together with winona, this middle age crisis he's having is annoying already. (I can't stand amber)

Can I just check one thing here?? From reading the above, am I right in thinking that when they reached the 'You may kiss the bride' part of the ceremony, Gil jumped in and gave Michaella a kiss first, before her new hubby got to??????

Please tell me I'm wrong. Oh sweet lord, please tell me I'm wrong...

:brainbleach:

14 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

Can I just check one thing here?? From reading the above, am I right in thinking that when they reached the 'You may kiss the bride' part of the ceremony, Gil jumped in and gave Michaella a kiss first, before her new hubby got to??????

I don' t have an answer for you but I have the same question.  Oh, so many questions.    BLECH.  

Kelly really only just stopped having kids. 

She had a miscarriage just before Erin and Chad started courting.

59 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

Nope, you are correct.  I thought it was really weird.  Gil said something like you may kiss her on the cheek after me.  I forgot the wording exactly.  

Daddy's got an ego complex... can't even let poor son in law have one moment just for him and his new wife.

I can´t help it. I like the Bates.

But I am concerned about Brandon. While Michael is soooo in love with him that it seems too much for any relationship he does not seem to come even close to her level of love. Not that he doesn´love her but she seems to love him so much more. I just saw a preview about them taking weeding oictures after the weeding so when they were already allowed to kiss. My impression was that Michael wanted to kiss him all the time while for him it seemed more like an obligation for the pictures, done when the photographer tells you to. Will she ever feel loves enough by him?

22 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I wanna front hug like an animal, I've only felt you from the left side...

When I look into your eyes, precious. I see that sweet continence. I just want to pray with you every day. *basic guitar riff* 

3 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

She had a miscarriage just before Erin and Chad started courting.

I don't know when they started courting. How long were they courting before they were engaged?

3 hours ago, AreteJo said:

Yep, Gil jumped in and gave her a peck first and then the newlyweds got their first kiss.  He's as big an attention whore as Jim Bob. :roll:

IMHO, that action just screams to Brandon and all in attendance "you may be her husband now but I still am her FATHER!"

Awful.

1 hour ago, vienna said:

I can´t help it. I like the Bates.

But I am concerned about Brandon. While Michael is soooo in love with him that it seems too much for any relationship he does not seem to come even close to her level of love. Not that he doesn´love her but she seems to love him so much more. I just saw a preview about them taking weeding oictures after the weeding so when they were already allowed to kiss. My impression was that Michael wanted to kiss him all the time while for him it seemed more like an obligation for the pictures, done when the photographer tells you to. Will she ever feel loves enough by him?

I think he's just more reserved. He speaks highly of her and really put a lot of thought behind the wedding and especially engagement. It definitely wasn't planned by TLC like bin bobs. 

He actually acts biblically modest. 

Here is how the kiss went down.  Gil said that after he gives Michael a kiss on the cheek then Brandon and her can share their first kiss.  Then Gil leaned over and gave her a peck on her cheek.  I thought it was weird too, like another "transfer from my control to yours" kind of symbolism.  Whitney, however,  just thought it was a sweetest gesture and made her cry.    

I thought I did see Nathan sitting next to his girl during the ceremony.  You can't see her well, but you can tell its her.  I'll try to go back and find it and get a screen shot of it. 

Callie was difficult to watch for me.  Even before Michael got into the SUV to leave, she was the last one she hugged.  But I thought Michael's non-reaction to her sisters and Dad crying was not out of the ordinary.  She looking forward to something and they are only seeing the loss.  Michael waited a long time for this to happen ... five years!  For a fundie living at home with no real aspirations, that is a long, long time.   I am happy for her, even if Brandon is no Chad.  LOL!  I do think Brandon loves her and is excited about being married to her.  But he thinks about work and career and things too.  Whereas her whole world is Brandon. 

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived