IGNORED

Happy 14th Anniversary Melanie and Nathan Maxwell!

Dru

8 hours ago, anjulibai said:

The tip about the pizza cutter? Not yet?

Also, keep watch for a new book about Keeping Our Puppies' Hearts. 

Yeah, @twin2 and I can't sleep until we get this precious bit of knowledge about pizza cutters imparted to us!

As far as the puppy goes, ADORABLE!  With all of the pictures that Sarah's posted, it appears she's also keeping up the Maxwell tradition of having the kids grow up around cameras.  :kitty-wink:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Elegant Mess said:

Yeah, @twin2 and I can't sleep until we get this precious bit of knowledge about pizza cutters imparted to us!

As far as the puppy goes, ADORABLE!  With all of the pictures that Sarah's posted, it appears she's also keeping up the Maxwell tradition of having the kids grow up around cameras.  :kitty-wink:

I was forced to buy a pre cut salad mix last Sunday as they still have not explained how to cut lettuce with a pizza cutter.  Thanks a lot Maxwells.

On 06/02/2016 at 10:07 PM, twin2 said:

I was forced to buy a pre cut salad mix last Sunday as they still have not explained how to cut lettuce with a pizza cutter.  Thanks a lot Maxwells.

I assume you stack the lettuce leaves on a solid flat surface and roll the blade of the pizza cutter over it at appropriate intervals.  But what do I know?

3 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

I assume you stack the lettuce leaves on a solid flat surface and roll the blade of the pizza cutter over it at appropriate intervals.  But what do I know?

If you do it and don't take awkward, posed, creepily smiling pictures, then did you really do it?

Maxwells get existential :pb_lol:

On 2/6/2016 at 11:07 AM, twin2 said:

Sarah Maxwell is like the George R.R. Martin of fundie cult family bloggers: always teasing us with some new development, and then making us wait forever for it.

13 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Sarah Maxwell is like the George R.R. Martin of fundie cult family bloggers: always teasing us with some new development, and then making us wait forever for it.

I sense a new post title in the making.

On 5. Februar 2016 at 5:46 AM, AreteJo said:

I'm not going to snark on Sarah's mention of Nathan doing it under Stehovah's guidance.  We have a lot of trees in this area and get whacked by significant storms.  I can think of at least 3 different instances of people who never brought a tree down before getting hurt or causing property damage because they didn't know what they were doing but decided to take a damaged tree down themselves anyway.  Jobs like that require more than big boy panties, they require experience.

ITA, AreteJo. The Maxwells may be sheltered, dorky, controlling af and a tad bit ignorant but they are certainly not dumb or careless. I have to cut them some slack in that regard. They always wear appropriate gear and approach a project with a proper work ethic.

I probably would have snarked on Nathan hanging a picture frame under Steve's guidance, but cutting a tree with a chainsaw is an entirely different business, especially if you've never done it before. The Maxwells don't just take a chainsaw and a tree and call it a tree business *cough*Gil Bates*cough*, they prioritize safety and working as a team in order to be more productive. I also have to give them credit for wearing proper attire. You wouldn't see a Maxwell climbing a hill or building a house in flip flops *cough*Duggars*cough* or cut a tree without protective clothing. They buy quality and safe attire and tools. How they approach manual work is one of the few aspects that I won't criticize. 

9 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Winter with the Lannisters

Preface

It became very clear as I wrote Autumn with the Lannisters that Winter would soon be following!  My dad encouraged me to begin Winter with the Lannisters as soon as Autumn was finished.  Throughout the months of working on my outline, writing, and editing, he and Mom were my biggest supporters...

3 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Winter with the Lannisters

Preface

It became very clear as I wrote Autumn with the Lannisters that Winter would soon be following!  My dad encouraged me to begin Winter with the Lannisters as soon as Autumn was finished.  Throughout the months of working on my outline, writing, and editing, he and Mom were my biggest supporters...

Would Winter with the Lannisters involve Jaime and Cersei handing out tracts asking people which of the Seven Hells they would go to when they died?

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Would Winter with the Lannisters involve Jaime and Cersei handing out tracts asking people which of the Seven Hells they would go to when they died?

I certainly hope they would include the schedules that Catelyn put Bran and little Rickon on.

6 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I certainly hope they would include the schedules that Catelyn put Bran and little Rickon on.

In another blog post, I'll tell you how I used Longclaw to cut lettuce for the Lord Commander's favorite Seven Layer Salad.

You know, I'm now wondering what A Song of Ice and Fire written by Sarah Maxwell would be like.

1 hour ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

You know, I'm now wondering what A Song of Ice and Fire written by Sarah Maxwell would be like.

Incredibly boring would be my best guess.

On 2/6/2016 at 3:07 AM, twin2 said:

Me, too! I'm making tacos tomorrow night. Can I slice my own lettuce? No. Because the Maxwells have no integrity! 

There would be no drama, no mysticism, no gore, no sex, and no revenge.  Instead there would be lots and lots of detail about how the Lannisters kept the castle clean and what an incredible job the family members did of making dinner, hewing wood, and shoveling snow.  All of the Lannister children would be perfectly behaved and so there would be no story-- just a long list of Sacred readings and chores.

36 minutes ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

There would be no drama, no mysticism, no gore, no sex, and no revenge.  Instead there would be lots and lots of detail about how the Lannisters kept the castle clean and what an incredible job the family members did of making dinner, hewing wood, and shoveling snow.  All of the Lannister children would be perfectly behaved and so there would be no story-- just a long list of Sacred readings and chores.

Please say there will at least be spurting bratwurst!  Pretty please?!

• 4 months later...

I have to say, that in spite of the relentless, low grade crazy in this family that Steve always looks thrilled and very happy with his grand kids.  

Archived