IGNORED

Happy 14th Anniversary Melanie and Nathan Maxwell!

Dru

20 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

He sounded patient and kind and generally amused by his daughters. I realize the Maxwell men don't set the bar real high, but I really think Nathan is the most normal of the bunch.  Getting out of the house at a younger age probably saved him!

I think your right about Nathan. I wonder if he remembers what life use to be. 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Melanie's fam includes her sister Grace K. Maher, who with her band "The Waywad Sons" is now seeking their fortune in Nashville, IIRC

Thanks to those who posted the wedding photos.  N's eyes were quite different than lately. Sometimes I think of thyroid problems affecting the look of the eyes -- First Lady Barbara Bush had that look because of thyroid -- possibly N has a condition that's becoming more marked as he ages? I dunno, I don't even play a doctor on tv!

19 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Melanie's fam includes her sister Grace K. Maher, who with her band "The Waywad Sons" is now seeking their fortune in Nashville, IIRC

Thanks to those who posted the wedding photos.  N's eyes were quite different than lately. Sometimes I think of thyroid problems affecting the look of the eyes -- First Lady Barbara Bush had that look because of thyroid -- possibly N has a condition that's becoming more marked as he ages? I dunno, I don't even play a doctor on tv!

Wait... you mean you don't do medical consulting for House? What is this board coming to!

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Wow, I had no idea. I just watched one of their videos. It must give old Steve SEVERE heart palpitations just thinking about his grandchildren spending time with Aunt Grace! I bet he regrets bringing Melanie into Maxhell.

It's likely Melanie's family went less conservative as time went on since her siblings date, work and live on their own. They must have given up the courtship idea after Melanie was married. I am facinated by the tone of the write up of the wedding. There are real facts and the names of people not named Maxwell. Shocking. There was almost a real happy tone to the post. I didn't realize that Nathan and Melanie had been married so long. 

I remember my first visit to FJ was during the live streaming of Christopher's wedding. Who could forget Steve's sermon about death during a wedding.

2 hours ago, Lillybee said:

I remember my first visit to FJ was during the live streaming of Christopher's wedding. Who could forget Steve's sermon about death during a wedding.

The only fundie wedding I went to featured a very long sermon about sin.  I suppose that's better than death, right?

10 hours ago, princessmahina said:

I don't remember Melanie in pants. Do you have a link? I'm so excited to see Maxwoman in something other than a long skirt!

Not sure if it's still out there somewhere but I can look. It was way back when they were doing that fitness challenge that just sort of went away. Also, for clarification, she was wearing some kind of workout capri pants while doing a push up. 

ETA- Yeah, it's long gone. This is the only snapshot on archive.org and it doesn't include the photos.

https://web.archive.org/web/20110218181134/http://fitness.titus2.com/

On 1/29/2016 at 8:57 AM, nellautumngirl said:
6 hours ago, socalrules said:

It's likely Melanie's family went less conservative as time went on since her siblings date, work and live on their own. They must have given up the courtship idea after Melanie was married. I am facinated by the tone of the write up of the wedding. There are real facts and the names of people not named Maxwell. Shocking. There was almost a real happy tone to the post. I didn't realize that Nathan and Melanie had been married so long. 

I don't find Nathan creepy, not like his father or brother. I get a more relaxed vibe from him, or as relaxed as a Maxwell can be :my_biggrin:

Hmmm, both the Mahers and the Muncks seem to have loosened up their fundieness after their daughters got involved with Maxwell boys. I wonder if this is a pattern?

3 hours ago, Burpies said:

It tickles me to think Steve is driving people AWAY from the God and life he believes in

Yup, and faster than I would have believed likely.  Way to go, Steverino!

Most parents loosen up on bedtimes, curfews and the age that a kid gets to choose their own clothes.

It sucks that Melanie is possibly the only one who had her personal autonomy transferred to her life partner on her wedding day. 

(Psst: It's not a real thing that was "transferred", if you are lurking, Melanie.  You are the boss of you, really. :) )

15 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Hmmm, both the Mahers and the Muncks seem to have loosened up their fundieness after their daughters got involved with Maxwell boys. I wonder if this is a pattern?

And the chick who broke up with Christopher. 

It's a pattern. 

On 1/29/2016 at 0:36 PM, withaj said:

Aww, good for them! Going to hell by Steve's standards means you are on the right fucking track.

Because a simple "like" wasn't enough. :clap:

On Friday, January 29, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Jana814 said:

I wondered the same thing about Melanie's family. I think when they first started courting he was not as crazy as he is right now. 

If my kids in laws got crazy as fuck, I'll encourage  them to leave or make suggestions. Like Steve seeing a legit therapist. 

Nate can be a pompous ass. Remember the Scamaritan's health insurance article he was featured in? He looked down on people with diabetes.

14 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Nate can be a pompous ass. Remember the Scamaritan's health insurance article he was featured in? He looked down on people with diabetes.

Do you have a link to the article. 

I was checking on the wedding post and clicked on the "poetry" header.  I don't know who Rebekah Mitchell is, but her poems are...something.

Together
Rebekah L. Mitchell

Dear sweet sugary pie
You are the twinkle in my eye
You are the spring in my every step
How thankful am I to God that we met!

Tonight, we shall dine quite scrumptiously
On Wendy's we shall sup so sumptuously
Tomorrow we shall go on our budget scrimp
No more taco's, pizza's, eat out's or shrimp!

We shan't suffer so shamelessly 
We'll spend at tax time quite aimlessly
Then back to the budget we'll go with a groan
We should have saved we'll say with a moan!

Life goes on with its bump and bliss
But every morning we'll remember that kiss
The time spent by fireside, with children we played
The evening devotions, our family has prayed

Life's greatest lessons I feel we have learned
The fruits of the Spirit so desperately earned
To God be the glory I say now to you
Our lives are His one day they'll be through

And, I will still then so thankful be
That by your side was a happy me
The Lord knows best how to together place
Adams and Eve's long lost race

30 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I was checking on the wedding post and clicked on the "poetry" header.  I don't know who Rebekah Mitchell is, but her poems are...something.

That is one of the most insane things I've ever read. Yikes.

When I tried to look at the wedding report from my phone, I couldn't access the page/I had to prove I was over 18. Now I'm just wondering what the hell could be on a Maxwell page that is adult-only material.

Looking at it now... woah, they've changed a lot. Well, the reversals have the most, I suppose, which is kinda obvious.

@ViolaSebastian, thank you for posting that poem,  it's made my evening :pb_lol:

I especially love "sup so sumptuously' what a phrase!

Do you reckon 'life goes in with it's bump and bliss' is referring to sex, or maybe getting pregnant a lot ?!

2 hours ago, princessmahina said:

That is one of the most insane things I've ever read. Yikes.

yeah, WTF did i just read?  

ok, so she nailed the AABB rhyme scheme, but she seems not to have studied any poetry.  it's interesting how the first seven lines get progressively longer.  if anyone ever called me sweet sugary pie, i'd have to run away screaming.

I don't know if it's even possible to sup so sumptuously on anything that Wendy's has to offer.  Maybe if you get a Frosty in addition to your combo meal?

4 hours ago, SPHASH said:

He's a Maxwell, what would you expect?  We can hope, though.

Archived