IGNORED

Happy 14th Anniversary Melanie and Nathan Maxwell!

Dru

Melanie and Nathan are celebrating their 14th anniversary. Nathan looks as crazy-eyed as ever in the pic, but Melanie continues to look radiant. Whatever is or isn't happening over there seems to agree with her. 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Dru said:

Melanie and Nathan are celebrating their 14th anniversary. Nathan looks as crazy-eyed as ever in the pic, but Melanie continues to look radiant. Whatever is or isn't happening over there seems to agree with her. 

She looks great. She also looks like she knows something about herself that the other Maxwells do not.

Mel has got her somewhat normal family around her. After 4 years of no children, then loosing her first child, she is probably enjoying every minute of her children's lives.

It looks like Nathan changed the style of his facial hair a bit.

Agree, Melanie looks great.

What is it with the Maxwell men and that crazed look they get in their eyes?  Every time they take a picture touching a woman, they look like a serial killer.  I could understand desiring one's wife, but they get a look that says "I want to eat your organs and drink your blood." 

21 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

What is it with the Maxwell men and that crazed look they get in their eyes?  Every time they take a picture touching a woman, they look like a serial killer.  I could understand desiring one's wife, but they get a look that says "I want to eat your organs and drink your blood." 

I tell myself it's just a camera thing. I swear I look like that in every selfie I take if I smile my regular, big smile. I always look at them and think, "ugh, I look like a Maxwell guy!" I have to tone it down to lose the crazy eyes so maybe their full-beams just register too hardcore in photographs? Kinda like people say the ladies' smiles don't look so gummy in real life. 

Just now, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I tell myself it's just a camera thing. I swear I look like that in every selfie I take if I smile my regular, big smile. I always look at them and think, "ugh, I look my a Maxwell guy!" I have to tone it down to lose the crazy eyes so maybe their full-beams just register too hardcore in photographs? Kinda like people say the ladies' smiles don't look so gummy in real life. 

It seems like they only get crazy eyes when they're touching their wives. 

3 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

It seems like they only get crazy eyes when they're touching their wives. 

Well, that's likely when their smiles are full beam ;-D

Of all the guys, Nathan seems to keep the crazy eyes in most pictures. 

55 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

Agree.  And they grip their wives firmly, like they are holding on for dear life.

"Hey Nathan, what do you think a Creepy Christian Husband would look like?"

"Mmmm, probably something like this."

1 hour ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Of all the guys, Nathan seems to keep the crazy eyes in most pictures. 

Oh, if only I could co-sign that. I saw the guy in person, I was like the Cowardly Lion, thinking "I DON'T see crazy eyes!  I DON'T see crazy eyes!"----but I did, I DID see crazy eyes. 

Upside: he didn't act Steve-ish.  Oh, he gave an odd stare when Bethany(? I think?) called out to him from the back of the audience. (He was sitting near the front of the audience.) He turned and stared at her and Abby and Mel -- and I guess when he saw that Mel had the girls well under control, he smiled very warmly. 

This was at a Maxsales event a few years ago, I think before Christina was born. I'm still hoping the eyes are just how he appears, and that he's not like his father.  

Thanks MamaJunebug, I always appreciate first hand experiences! By the by, Nathan has crazy eyes even before Melanie came in to the picture. Maybe that's his default look? I'm definitely a "victim" of resting bitch face, so I feel compelled to give the benefit of the doubt. 

7 hours ago, Dru said:

It is all that growing up around cameras. It his superiority that you can see shining through!!!

“Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing,
and obtaineth favour of the LORD.”

Whoso writeth like that in the 21st century needeth to get with the times and annoyeth pretty much everyone, possibly including the LORD who wondereth what your deal is.

8 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Whoso writeth like that in the 21st century needeth to get with the times and annoyeth pretty much everyone, possibly including the LORD who wondereth what your deal is.

If only Sarah could findeth a husband

13 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Of all the guys, Nathan seems to keep the crazy eyes in most pictures

I think he's got some solid competition nipping at his heels...

There were even a heck of a lot of "gems" of Joseph looking like he was about to devour baby Calia in about 2 seconds flat!

He's only had like 2 years worth of photos with Elissa (and a few months now w/ Calia) up till now - I suspect he'll be the one who gets that title very quickly at the rate he's going...

53 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

This is a blast from the past, but the shockingly wide eyes of several of the Maxwell brothers have always reminded me of that "Runaway Bride" lady from years ago.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/87529-whatever-happened-to-runaway-bride-jennifer-wilbanks-its-been-exactly-10-years-since-she-first-disappeared

Oh gosh thanks for the update.  That was big news 10 years ago.  I remember there was talk about charging her with that false kidnapping story, but I guess she never actually filed a police report.  Sorry for the o.t.

I always have crazy eyes in pictures, and every smile looks fake. Some of us just aren't photogenic. Even PHJ looks insane frequently sometimes.

49 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

I always have crazy eyes in pictures, and every smile looks fake. Some of us just aren't photogenic. Even PHJ looks insane frequently sometimes.

I think a lot of people with light-colored eyes tend to have crazy eyes in pictures. On the upside those eyes tend to be quite striking and nice looking in person. 

1 hour ago, nausicaa25 said:

I think a lot of people with light-colored eyes tend to have crazy eyes in pictures. On the upside those eyes tend to be quite striking and nice looking in person. 

They are pretty in person. Sometimes I think it's a shame I have dark eyes. I just tend to look like I'm possessed. 

Archived