IGNORED

RIP Abe Vigoda

47of74

RIP Abe Vigoda;

abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/abe-vigoda-sunken-eyed-character-actor-dead-94-36528884

Character actor Abe Vigoda, whose leathery, sunken-eyed face made him ideal for playing the over-the-hill detective Phil Fish in the 1970s TV series "Barney Miller" and the doomed Mafia soldier in "The Godfather," died Tuesday at age 94.

Vigoda's daughter, Carol Vigoda Fuchs, told The Associated Press that Vigoda died Tuesday morning in his sleep at Fuchs' home in Woodland Park, New Jersey. The cause of death was old age. "This man was never sick," Fuchs said.

I remember him as the fish delivery guy in the Godfather. (And always thought it was him that said Mr. Brasi was being intimate with the fishies)

14 minutes ago, Playagirl said:

I remember him as Fish in Barney Miller way back when...

I remember him as both Fish and in The Godfather.  Barney Miller was one of the all-time great sitcoms.

I will say that I hope to be as lucky as to live to 94 (at least!) and also to die of old age.  I just want to wear out.

Rest in Peace, Abe!

14 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Barney Miller was one of the all-time great sitcoms.

Seriously. They don't make sitcoms the way they used to. I think I may be showing my age:my_smile:

Archived