IGNORED

Josh Duggar Part 11 - The End of Rehab Is in Sight

Coconut Flan

Just now, Whoosh said:

I just read it the Stipulation of Dismissal.  One of the provisions in it says that Duggar agrees to forgo his right to move for summary judgment and attach documents that "the parties agree would conclusively prove that Northup’s claims are fabricated"

I am just ridiculously excited that this is over.  She is going to take a public verbal beating for this not doubt and it will likely damage at least some aspects of her career.  

Thanks, I haven't seen that yet so wasn't sure where it came from.  She is going to be blasted for this, as she should be (assuming she really did fabricate things, which it sounds like she admits) 

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what I can post publicly from those documents - if anyone knows, fill me in and I will copy and paste the thing.

She really should be blasted for this big time.  

1 minute ago, Whoosh said:

I don't know what I can post publicly from those documents - if anyone knows, fill me in and I will copy and paste the thing.

She really should be blasted for this big time.  

If it's public record, you can post the entire document.   I believe @happy atheist is gathering various court documents in one thread/subforum, so you might drop her a PM about it.

Despite the stipulation, I remain skeptical.  There is something "off" about the way this went down.  I still suspect that the parties reached an agreement and that money has changed hands.  Of course, I have NOTHING on which to base that but a hunch and my gut.  

There is a document thread on the Josh Duggar Police Reports and other embarrassment topic at the top of the Quiver Full of Duggar Forum Page.

1 minute ago, QuiverDance said:

Despite the stipulation, I remain skeptical.  There is something "off" about the way this went down.  I still suspect that the parties reached an agreement and that money has changed hands.  Of course, I have NOTHING on which to base that but a hunch and my gut.  

If there was an agreement, I don't think they would've opposed the Rule 41 motion to dismiss. They were forcing her to either end up with a summary judgment or prove her case. I don't think they would've even filed an answer,  and they would've made it go away before it even got this far. 

9 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

I know you may not find this entirely believable as people do sign things that contain untruths, but the agreement contains the following:

"The undersigned represent that no promise, inducement or agreement not expressed herein has been made to him/her and that this is the entire agreement between the parties. The undersigned enter this agreement under no duress or coercion. "

yes, it's official: the judge accepted the parties' stipulation and dismissed the case with prejudice. Here's the order (and, yes, I'll post the stipulation momentarily)

25 (order).jpg

Well, I wonder what all that was about. If she truly had no evidence, or she lied, then what was she thinking? Maybe she thought they would give her money to go away. She has certainly done a disservice to real victims, and if she truly was a victim, then the whole thing just sucks. :in_my_humble_opinion:

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Well, I wonder what all that was about. If she truly had no evidence, or she lied, then what was she thinking? Maybe she thought they would give her money to go away. She has certainly done a disservice to real victims, and if she truly was a victim, then the whole thing just sucks. :in_my_humble_opinion:

Well a lot of us assumed they would pay her to make it go away, maybe she thought the same thing.  Also the original article probably did help her career.  

Ugh...One more thing the Duggars get to slither away from. Sure some damage has been done, but will we ever know the true story? Doubt it. No way Josh is 100% innocent.

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

Maybe she thought they would give her money to go away.

If so, her plan failed, since she has now agreed that "no one has or will pay her any money to resolve this matter." Here's the agreement that both Danica and Josh personally signed (in support of the stipulation of dismissal signed by their attorneys) 

24, page 3.jpg

There's really no mystery about what her motivation to lie may have been. Money, maybe, but I think she probably got what she really wanted, which was a crap ton of publicity.

It seems like such a stupid plan if Josh's documents include proof that he was somewhere else altogether on those dates.

Wouldn't that be the first thing you research before making a false allegation, make sure the person wasn't a thousand miles away on the date in question.

Paragraph 4 of the agreement personally signed by Danica and Josh seems to say that Josh was supposed to have attached exhibits that would "conclusively prove" that Danica's claims were "fabricated," yet there were no such exhibits attached to the stipulation of dismissal (or you know I would have uploaded or otherwise summarized them for you all)

I would love to see what that named eyewitness that placed Duggar at the club has to say for himself.  If Duggar was at the club, I would like to know.  If he wasn't, I would like to see that guy either deny making the statement or take the lumps he deserves for this too.  That last set of articles yesterday just was really fighting dirty in my book.

35 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Wait hold up, did she ADMIT she fabricated about all of this?!?!?!?

Not entirely.  Technically, I think it says his evidence would prove her claims of battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress that lead to harms false.  

1 minute ago, diplomat said:

Paragraph 4 of the agreement personally signed by Danica and Josh seems to say that Josh was supposed to have attached exhibits that would "conclusively prove" that Danica's claims were "fabricated," yet there were no such exhibits attached to the stipulation of dismissal (or you know I would have uploaded or otherwise summarized them for you all)

Wasn't all of that information kept confidential? I thought they signed a confidentiality agreement. 

I have a question for our legal eagles about point four on the document. Am I reading that right? Does it say that Josh is attaching exhibits proving Northup's claims were fabricated? Or if he is forgoing attaching these exibits (I find the sentence somewhat ambiguous) does it conclusively mean that these exhibits do exist? In other words, does that statement say that conclusive proof exists that Northup lied?

3 minutes ago, diplomat said:

I believe he was going to file a motion for a summary judgment with those exhibits attached and he agreed he would NOT do that if Dillon entered this agreement.  That is my read on that anyway.  Would love to know what those exhibits look like LOL.

2 minutes ago, jacduggar said:

Wasn't all of that information kept confidential? I thought they signed a confidentiality agreement. 

The confidentiality agreement I believe only applied to information they received from the opposing party, but I am not sure?  

3 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I have a question for our legal eagles about point four on the document. Am I reading that right? Does it say that Josh is attaching exhibits proving Northup's claims were fabricated? Or if he is forgoing attaching these exibits (I find the sentence somewhat ambiguous) does it conclusively mean that these exhibits do exist? In other words, does that statement say that conclusive proof exists that Northup lied?

I think it says they do conclusively exist and he has now agreed that he will not attach them to any summary judgment.  That is just my read of that.

6 minutes ago, Whoosh said:

I would love to see what that named eyewitness that placed Duggar at the club has to say for himself.

me, too, especially since he appears to be a relatively new attorney. He should know better.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked and locked this topic

Archived