IGNORED

Miss Raquel's Second Novel- Part 2

keen23

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't quote from the last thread, so @sea_gale: I just created a throwaway account on ask.fm to ask Raquel some questions and she answered most (or all, I don't remember) of them.

I feel like doing a TL;DR for the last Raquel thread, in case anyone new stumbles into this thread (and also bc it seems like it would be fun to condense it all):

TL;DR: Raquel started a "novel," didn't finish it, lead a povo-tourism trip to Peru, had inappropriate encounters with the adolescent male orphans there, brought one of the orphans' sweatshirts back, and in her spare time she writes about how she sniffs it.

16 minutes ago, ari_belle said:

I feel like doing a TL;DR for the last Raquel thread, in case anyone new stumbles into this thread (and also bc it seems like it would be fun to condense it all):

TL;DR: Raquel started a "novel," didn't finish it, lead a povo-tourism trip to Peru, had inappropriate encounters with the adolescent male orphans there, brought one of the orphans' sweatshirts back, and in her spare time she writes about how she sniffs it.

Also, Is now being kicked out by her parents for the 4th or so time, so we are waiting to see if it will actually happen.

14 hours ago, xRoo said:

Also, Is now being kicked out by her parents for the 4th or so time, so we are waiting to see if it will actually happen.

Wait, this isn't the first time her parents have tried to nudge her out of the nest?

3 minutes ago, xRoo said:

Nope

Oh xRoo. . . . You have the insider knowledge. You've had conversations with mama or at least have the goods second hand. Spill, baby, spill. I know you are reluctant to out yourself at this point, but BOY would we love to hear it.  Thanks, though, for what you have been able to tell us!! Much appreciation as well to onlyme!

5 minutes ago, Pastors Daughter said:

Oh xRoo. . . . You have the insider knowledge. You've had conversations with mama or at least have the goods second hand. Spill, baby, spill. I know you are reluctant to out yourself at this point, but BOY would we love to hear it.  Thanks, though, for what you have been able to tell us!! Much appreciation as well to onlyme!

Message me ;)

She got a new job as a barista. Hopefully this is full time and will help her learn to deal with real life.

She has a new blog post up and one of the things she mentions believing when she was young was that people waited till after college to get married. This doesn't really hold up to past posts when she said that when she was young she believed she would meet the perfect guy when she was 16, be married by the time she was 18 and have a baby by the time she was 19. She also claims that she used to believe everyone went to college, but she has been stating since practically the beginning of her blog(when she was around 14) that college wasn't for her and that lots of successful people didn't go to college, so she clearly didn't believe everyone went to college. 

I don't think Raquel actually believed some of this stuff when she was young, she is claiming to because she thinks it sounds good. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

She got a new job as a barista. Hopefully this is full time and will help her learn to deal with real life.

She has a new blog post up and one of the things she mentions believing when she was young was that people waited till after college to get married. This doesn't really hold up to past posts when she said that when she was young she believed she would meet the perfect guy when she was 16, be married by the time she was 18 and have a baby by the time she was 19. She also claims that she used to believe everyone went to college, but she has been stating since practically the beginning of her blog(when she was around 14) that college wasn't for her and that lots of successful people didn't go to college, so she clearly didn't believe everyone went to college. 

I don't think Raquel actually believed some of this stuff when she was young, she is claiming to because she thinks it sounds good. 

AT MY COFFEE SHOP THIS IS NOT OK

OMG SHE IS LITERALLY THERE AND I NEED COFFEE

Hugs :romance-grouphug:Don't let her stop you from enjoying a nice cup of coffee. Annoy her by asking about her "best friend" in Peru in a sickly sweet tone of voice.  She can't be rude back because you are a customer. LOL 

1 hour ago, xRoo said:

AT MY COFFEE SHOP THIS IS NOT OK

OMG SHE IS LITERALLY THERE AND I NEED COFFEE

Ugh. I'd die.

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Wait, what happened to her other barista job?? She just changed coffee shops?

2 hours ago, ari_belle said:

Ugh. I'd die.

Wait, what happened to her other barista job?? She just changed coffee shops?

False alarm, she was working at coffee shop 1 today.
Sounds like she's doing both to get enough hours to move out. We'll see how long that lasts.

that blog most made me a wee bit stabby.  (but then that could be because I mentally went through her list and thought of all the ways I'd learned some of those misguided lessons at a young age).  Then she went into the part about being down and well it was headdesk time.  

My friend is sorely tempted to say when ordering from Raquel:

"Hey, you have a blog, don't you? You're the one who thought it was cute when her horse begged for water?
Yeah I'd like water in the americano, thanks. I'm not cute when I beg."

7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I'm pretty sure neither of her parents went to college, so that is an odd assumption for her to have.

From her list of things she thinks she used to think (or something equally as stupid):

I thought everyone went to college, but if you didn't, no one would bash you about it.

What?

You either thought everyone went to college, or you didn't. If not everyone went to college, how could they then not be hassled for not going? Because you supposedly thought everyone went...

Words have meanings dear, and you are not a wordsmith. More a word mangler.

I think she means that growing up she thought college was by far the more popular choice (everyone did it after high school), but that she also believed that if someone (meaning herself) didn't want to go to college, no one would question her about it.  Which is dumb, because of course people are going to question why you don't want to get an actual education but would rather beg for mission trip money and fart around taking artsy pictures on railroad tracks and writing sloppy-ass poetry.

When she says "younger" I have to assume she means five, because any older would require willfully ignoring the world for some of the views.

Be your own little hero in this world of villains.

How sad... her world is populated by villains. 

11 hours ago, Vex said:

Oh, Raquel wields words, alright - like Joffery wields a sword in A Game of Thrones.

As Steve Martin Said  

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way.

12 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

How sad... her world is populated by villains. 

I wouldn't mind being a villain. They get the best songs.

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I wouldn't mind being a villain. They get the best songs.

the greatest villain song ever and in fact one of the greatest disney song from one of the greatest disney movies ever 

(god that is fundie repeating in one sentence, good job me) 

15 minutes ago, tsukinokawa said:

the greatest villain song ever and in fact one of the greatest disney song from one of the greatest disney movies ever 

(god that is fundie repeating in one sentence, good job me) 

Frollo was my gateway fundie.

Also, they're making a stage version of HoND and I think it might go to Broadway!! So excited!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived