IGNORED

Radford Family

Apricot

10 minutes ago, imokit said:

One of the older girls got pregnant as moved a boy friend into the home. The granddaughter is also in that house being raised by her non married parents. Though I don't think that daughter has had more. She seems to be controlling her fertility.

Do these people at least teach their children about birth control? 

• Upvote 1

It will be their 19th living child. They lost a son at 21 weeks (Alfie?) a few years ago. 

So hasn't overtaken Michelle or Mrs Bates yet. 

However she's only just 40 so I am sure she will. 

They aren't religious and seem to love and look after their children. It's not for me but it works for them. I'd chose being born in their family over a fundie family anyway. 

it makes me laugh how they say they get no state benefits. True but they get tax refunds and tax bonuses for their children so probably pay no tax and end up getting some money from the govt. 

• Upvote 7

Remember this is the UK. Tax laws are different here. Not sure what they are but still. 

Also she got pregnant at 13 when he was 17...

• Upvote 5

@JermajestyDuggar the kids go to mainstream school, so I'm sure they know about it. Most schools teach it and even the stuff they don't teach can be found from friends. Considering the fact this girl only had one kid, she probably does know about it.

Also, they like having kids and they aren't having them because they think birth control is bad. Those kids aren't religious arrows. They genuinely are not quiverful or anything similar.

• Upvote 4

They stated they only claim child benefit. That entitles them to £20.70 for the first child and then £13.70 per additional child. So currently they'd be claiming for 13 children and therefore have £185.10 per week and £9,625.20 per year in benefits.

They also said they spend roughly £30,000 per year of their own money raising the kids, which is worded in a pretty interesting way. I guess that's maybe because they have money saved as well as several income sources but it came off as a bit odd sounding to me.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Remember this is the UK. Tax laws are different here. Not sure what they are but still. 

Also she got pregnant at 13 when he was 17...

never mind frumpercat answered. 

Not sure what 'here' is to you but I'm actually Australian and have lived in the U.K. for several years before  

Not everyone on FJ is American ;)

Edited by Milly-Molly-Mandy
  • Upvote 4

She's been pregnant more than 20 times, even including Alfie. According to their website for the show, she'd  had "miscarriages" before losing Alfie, which is why she was concerned about his lack of movement at 18+ weeks.

This family seems neat. The whole "Family Bakery" element is really appealing, and they seem refreshingly unpolished compared to the Duggars and Bates'. I seem to remember encountering their name on an old blog or website years ago that was dedicated to tracking super-sized families, but I may have them confused with another. Either way, neat find! 

• Upvote 2

On 1/19/2016 at 8:19 AM, SoGladIWasCofE said:

@AmazonGrace imo its not OK to characterise someone's experiences as sexual abuse if they say it wasn't. Describing consensual (even if she was underage) sex between if I remember rightly a 13 year old and a 16 year old as 'sexual abuse of a child' is not exactly accurate. Even if that had been reported the police likely wouldn't have bothered prosecuting unless she wanted to press charges.

You're wrong.  Very wrong.  If a child who is 6 is okay with sexual contact with her favorite uncle because it makes him happy and she doesn't think she's being abused, is it not still sexual abuse?  The age of consent is there for a reason, and he, the adult, violated that.  He committed a sex crime with a child under the are of consent.  There are no shades of grey in this situation.  She was sexually abused, and her being okay with that doesn't change what it is.

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

At first they didn't want a ton of kids. So the first four are a little spaced out. Then they went crazy and had a kid almost every year. Just imagine if they hadn't spaced out their kids at first. This one could be #24 instead of #20.

That was my thought when I looked up their kids birth order on wikipedia.

Kelly and Juterus head would explode.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

It will be their 19th living child. They lost a son at 21 weeks (Alfie?) a few years ago. 

So hasn't overtaken Michelle or Mrs Bates yet. 

However she's only just 40 so I am sure she will. 

They aren't religious and seem to love and look after their children. It's not for me but it works for them. I'd chose being born in their family over a fundie family anyway. 

it makes me laugh how they say they get no state benefits. True but they get tax refunds and tax bonuses for their children so probably pay no tax and end up getting some money from the govt. 

Thank you!

it drives me mad when they say that. Child tax credits alone are going to cost the govt close to £1000 per week! That's way more than than most families on unemployment would cost. 

Plus the extra that @FrumperedCat worked out for child benefits. 

Edited by Gemini
Added
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Gemini said:

Thank you!

it drives me mad when they say that. Child tax credits alone are going to cost the govt close to £1000 per week! That's way more than than most families on unemployment would cost. 

Plus the extra that @FrumperedCat worked out for child benefits. 

The amount they can get is capped to £20,000 I believe due to the benefit cap. So I think that's the amount they receive as the child tax credits amount to so much money. Therefore the articles worded in a pretty deceiving manner as it might be that they literally can't receive any more benefits instead of choosing not to.

The thing that does annoy me is the section at the end where they say they all go on holiday abroad once a year and each child has a budget of £100 for their birthday and between £100 to £250 for Christmas. That all adds up to a pretty large amount once you factor in all the kids given the income they have.

• Upvote 3

They announced that Sue is pregnant with number 20 yesterday. 

Sophie has two kids with her husband they married between the first and second one. Those the are the only grandchildren. I can be 100% certain these kids know all about birth control. None of them want big families.

20 minutes ago, brokenminded said:

They announced that Sue is pregnant with number 20 yesterday. 

Sophie has two kids with her husband they married between the first and second one. Those the are the only grandchildren. I can be 100% certain these kids know all about birth control. None of them want big families.

I just looked at Wiki and it says Sophie has 3 children. But who knows how reliable Wiki is.

It's possible she had another one. I know she had two girls

EDIT: Her Instagram says she  has the two girls Daisy and Ayprill and a boy Leo. 

Edited by brokenminded

41 minutes ago, brokenminded said:

It's possible she had another one. I know she had two girls

EDIT: Her Instagram says she  has the two girls Daisy and Ayprill and a boy Leo. 

Wow. 

Just wow.

However I like these people, they're so normal..! After FJ'ing for few years, I almost forget that big families can be non-fundie and non-crazy (minus giving birth at 14, of course)

• Upvote 3

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, ShoutySpice said:

Looks like #20 is due any day. Michelle will be SO jealous.

But only 19th living- son Alfie was stillborn like Jubilee at around the same gestation. So they are now even. But I desperately hope she has one more just to overtake Michelle ;)

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, ShoutySpice said:

Looks like #20 is due any day. Michelle will be SO jealous.

Sue posted on Facebook that she was 37 weeks on Sept 7, so she's due closer to the end of the month.

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...

Looking for Duggar stuff on YouTube I just fell down the Radford rabbit hole. Sue Radford just might pass Michelle and Kelly.  Will Michelle get as green as her shirt if she finds out?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I saw a documentary about them a few years back, before Alfie. They stated they were both adopted amd felt quite alone. Therefore they had a lot of kids so no one would ever feel alone. That seems a bit strange to me because having too many kids causes the inability to give them (equal) attention. Won’t they feel alone then?

• Upvote 4

• 4 months later...

She is pregnant with 21, if the baby is born healthy it will be her 20 living child, surpasing the Duggars and Batesses.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

I'm surprised by this because she went on birth control after Archie and she said they were done. 

• I Agree 1

She's been saying "we're done" for the last four babies at least! She said she was running out of names or something. 

IIRC Noel had a vasectomy but had it reversed, whilst she was pregnant with #9.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2