IGNORED

Remember the Maxwell "friends" the Corrals?

SPHASH

Oh joy, another baby subject to this lifestyle. Wonder if it'll be another girl or their first boy. Won't lie though, am happy Mark, even if he would love a son, doesn't express that sentiment. So many people seem disappointed to not have sons. I have seen some unhappiness at having a boy occasionally, but I have noticed that when disappointed by the their child's sex, people tend to be more unhappy having daughters than sons. I guess I just never understood it really. I know, I know, I haven't children so what would I know. I just feel like as long as you have a healthy happy child, their sex shouldn't even be a consideration. Each child is so unique that there's not a guarantee that one sex will be the way the parent intends. A boy may loathe sports while a girl may be all for it, so having a son because you want someone to play baseball with-who says the son will even like it and who says a daughter won't? It's not old times, women don't have to take husband's surnames and it's just a name anyway. Daughters can take over the family business and hardly anyone is royalty so you don't need a son for succession. I do feel bad for the children of the patriarchy though, forced into one role with no other options allowed or you are a sinful sinner who sins and will end up in hell. 

All this to say that I really don't get the comments to them on FB all sad when they had Mary. She was healthy and things went well for delivery, full term and most of the comments were of pity for having another girl. I truly don't understand how anyone can look at a beautiful, healthy baby and just see pity because they have the "wrong" genitalia. Too often this is the case across the globe and it's mostly towards female babies.

I hope, boy or girl, the child will be healthy and happy. I despise their beliefs immensely, but don't wish ill towards them or their children. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah you guys, apparently at an abortion clinic in Charlotte some "atheists" (assumed as no evidence or proof they are atheists but if they help with the clinic they must be atheists in their mind) saw a turtle stuck in a drain and tried to help it. Meanwhile babies are being murdered inside and they are such hypocrites. Seems the "pro-aborts" (guy in video calls them this) care about living creatures and that makes them awful people. Also, atheism has two tenants: there's no god (true) and they hate him (false). Nothing new really, I just like to check on them since they are in the area to see if they are bringing the crazy too close for comfort. 

• 1 month later...

Learning of this new fundy family just made me sad. The poor wife has 6 littles and one on the way, and as if that isn't way too much, she has to TAKE CARE OF A GARDEN!?!?!?!? At least the girls will probably take over some of her chores one day. So very sad all the way around. And it really pissed me off how the husband kept talking about everyone taking care of him while his foot is recovering. What a big baby. I bet he expects his wife to be cooking and cleaning and taking care of the littles one day postpartum.

We used to follow the same pastors - MacArthur and Piper. MacArthur is so cold stone of a man. And can anyone really take Piper seriously anymore? Seems like even his few loose marbles have rolled away.

He is a jerk. I think he gets a lot of his ideas from Steve Maxwell. (Sarah had gone to help after he had foot surgery). 

• 2 months later...

I don't know why no one talks about this family more. I checked back in and even more crazy. 

They are pimping out Maxwell's chore books, Mormonism is evil, your church should be a battleship over a cruise ship, blah blah. They have many posts talking about it being okay to judge people. Also panicking over supposed transgender indoctrination in classrooms though they don't send their children to public school. Apparently they believe that when anyone says "don't judge" they are a false Christian or convert? 

They should be finding out the sex of the fetus soon. I feel sorry for their 6 girls and the coming baby and future ones too because Ali is not that old. I hope none of them are homosexual because Mark and Ali clearly just won't accept that fact. 

44 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

I don't know why no one talks about this family more. I checked back in and even more crazy. 

Speaking for myself alone: Too many Fundies; too little time to keep up with them all.  And the Corals are rather predictable in their hatred.  Yes, these are the folks that Sarah went to help out who have scads of girl children.  I rarely look at their FB because it is so repetitive.

Do they have a blog?

• 3 months later...

They had their seventh girl this morning, Hannah Grace.

I think the baby has just realised what it means to be a girl in their world:

Spoiler

3218212F-5888-463C-9921-1538AE9B221D.jpeg.5cccc8186bcab9b17d0826151b90a371.jpeg

On 11/10/2017 at 5:20 AM, Palimpsest said:

Speaking for myself alone: Too many Fundies; too little time to keep up with them all.  And the Corals are rather predictable in their hatred.  Yes, these are the folks that Sarah went to help out who have scads of girl children.  I rarely look at their FB because it is so repetitive.

Do they have a blog?

They blogged briefly before taking it private. 

They are major Maxwell fans, but their theology is heavily Calvinist.

4 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

I Wonder what the chances are of 7 girls in a row?

0.78 in 100 according to my terrible maths.

6 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

I Wonder what the chances are of 7 girls in a row?

Two other FJ families have 7 girls in a row and then 2 boys. Seven sisters and the 11 Smiths. 

If the Corrals were two have two more girls, then they'd have a baseball team.  

That reminds me of this song from the musical  Good News as performed by Johnny Camp and the Kentucky Serenaders (vocals by Joe Cassidy).

Wasn't there an old cartoon about a baseball player who has 9 daughters? Each time his wife is about to give birth, the baseball players friends give him all this little baseball equipment. But then, he gets all disappointed when the baby ends up being a girl. When the girls grow up, though, they end up being great baseball players and their father ends up pretending to be a woman in order to play with them? 

Anyone ever see that one? 

I don't remember that cartoon @anjulibai, but I do remember when Lucy was in the hospital having Little Ricky there was a dad of 6 girls in the waiting room hoping for a son this time around.  His wife had triplet girls and Fred Mertz quipped that he could form a girls softball team.

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Two other FJ families have 7 girls in a row and then 2 boys. Seven sisters and the 11 Smiths. 

One of the 11 Smiths' daughters was adopted (as far as I know the other 8 kids are not adopted). 

6 hours ago, Bethella said:

One of the 11 Smiths' daughters was adopted (as far as I know the other 8 kids are not adopted). 

Wow I didn't know. Which one?

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don't have the list at work, I'll check tonight.

On 3/30/2016 at 1:15 PM, nausicaa said:

It is heartening that there are so many religious people disagreeing with him.

Remember, that NO ONE we discuss here is "normal." All are at least nearly in a cult. It is a very different "approach" to "Christianity" that bears no resemblance to what the Bible says in most cases. Gothard esp is a pro at using things totally out-of-context. Most worship Old Testament legalism and regard the book of Proverbs as a rule book. That is not being a Christian at all. So there are many, many out there that disagree--sadly most don't even know these freak shows exist.

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Melissa

4 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Melissa

I admit that while reading their blog I thought one didn't quite fit into the awkward Smithiness. I was just curious if I was right in sensing it. But I was wrong! I thought it was Anna.

• 2 months later...

I was scrolling through their FB earlier (was bored and in the Archived section) and found the names of the girls. They’re all pretty normal, standard names... except for the third, who’s called Denver. Denver?? I know it’s not awful compared to Spurgeon or Heistheway, but it just really stood out to me amongst all the other, much “girlier” names (I also remembered that Denver is the name of one of the Bontrager sons). Plus, she shares her middle name Grace with littlest sister Hannah. Seems they also recycle names (for a split second I thought they *all* had the middle name Grace, but one middle name is Ruth and another Elisabeth so :pb_lol::pb_lol:) like the Maxwells do. 

I don’t know why I brought this thread back up. The FB page is a mixture of photos of the girls and anti-abortion shit/stuff about how we’re all ugly sinners and that nothing we do is good enough for God. (I HATE that sentiment from fundies. If we were in a relationship with a guy who didn’t make us feel good enough, everyone would be telling us to GTFO, yet in a relationship with God it’s completely acceptable... fuck that shit. (Plus these people would be the type to tell women to stick with an abusive husband and just pray harder... nope, fuck that shit, women DIE in abusive relationships)).

On 1/17/2018 at 6:32 AM, Captain Obvious said:

0.78 in 100 according to my terrible maths.

I am the oldest of 8 girls.

No boys. It does happen.

My neighbors have three kids. Two girls, First name/ Mom's name for middle name. One boy, First name/ Dad's name for middle name. Weirdly enough, Girl one has the "feminine version" of Dad's name for her first name. Seems a bit.. intense.

On 3/19/2018 at 11:24 AM, Four is Enough said:

My neighbors have three kids. Two girls, First name/ Mom's name for middle name. One boy, First name/ Dad's name for middle name. Weirdly enough, Girl one has the "feminine version" of Dad's name for her first name. Seems a bit.. intense.

Growing up I had a neighbor who named their two daughters after their dad Mel. I used to wonder if any sons would have been Mel too.  

Archived