IGNORED

Remember the Maxwell "friends" the Corrals?

SPHASH

1 hour ago, LaParisienne said:

The little girl in the middle looks worried .. I don't know, I had a weird feeling about it last time I saw this photo. And the strange feeling is still here today. Am I the only one who feel this way ? I know this is only a photo, but still, my instinct tells me something is off .. Epecially when you know what her parents believe.

She looks worried because it looks she is learning fire safety. Where kids or anyone learn to jump into the arms of a waiting fireman to escape a burning building. I've seen that at a fire station open house. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, LaParisienne said:

The little girl in the middle looks worried .. I don't know, I had a weird feeling about it last time I saw this photo. And the strange feeling is still here today. Am I the only one who feel this way ? I know this is only a photo, but still, my instinct tells me something is off .. Epecially when you know what her parents believe.

She's being pressured to jump into a strange man's arms (firefighter), I think it's completely legit for her to be apprehensive. 

12 hours ago, LaParisienne said:

Awfully hard to tell from a shot captured in 1/600th of a second in time. I rather imagine her thinking, "Oh dear, these women are dowdy with a capital D! I don't care what I heard that old lady say to Mom, I'm not letting her sew up the keyhole in my shirt for ANY modesty!"

So I trawled their FB page a bit -- have we yet discussed the big photo that says "You'll never be a good groom to your wife unless you're first a good bride to Jesus"?

55 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

So I trawled their FB page a bit -- have we yet discussed the big photo that says "You'll never be a good groom to your wife unless you're first a good bride to Jesus"?

Isn't Jesus a dude? Isn't this implying homosexuality? Or am I reading this wrongly? It's probably a metaphor. But it's weird phrasing. 

What the hell kind of spotty sack is the little girl in the middle wearing in the first photo? How on earth can she learn her 'helpmeet in training' lessons if she is forever falling over her apron? 

14 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Isn't Jesus a dude? Isn't this implying homosexuality? Or am I reading this wrongly? It's probably a metaphor. But it's weird phrasing. 

It just reminds me of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. "I'm in love with a man...a man called God. Does that make me gay? Am I gay for God? You betcha!"

16 hours ago, Myfanwy said:

What the hell kind of spotty sack is the little girl in the middle wearing in the first photo? How on earth can she learn her 'helpmeet in training' lessons if she is forever falling over her apron? 

That has got to be the ugliest apron I've ever seen!  I love aprons made of old-fashioned calico.  That one, though, is just fugly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2016 at 8:58 AM, PennySycamore said:

That has got to be the ugliest apron I've ever seen!  I love aprons made of old-fashioned calico.  That one, though, is just fugly.

Yes, omgs ughh the aprons my grandma wore from flour sacks were better looking. And she was a preacher's daughter who had to sneak to go see Snow White in theaters on a Sunday lol

Also, these poor girls. I'm sure if it was the1800's daddy would have found a new wife as his cursed one is only giving him girls. :pearlclutching:

• 6 months later...

Just remembered about this family and decided to look them up. Mostly same boring stuff of getting saved correctly, anti-choice stuff, they did not vote for Clinton or Trump and Halloween is evil, etc. Their 6th daughter was born 9/24 and they named her Mary. Am glad dad Mark is cool with so many daughters. When people are like, poor Mark, so many girls, he's like nah, am thankful for healthy girls. Outside of that, not much good or interesting to say. 

• 1 month later...

He's a real estate agent.  I don't know how successful he is, or how much time he spends working from home rather than the office.

6 minutes ago, uber frau said:

He's a real estate agent.  I don't know how successful he is, or how much time he spends working from home rather than the office.

Really he is a real estate agent?  I would not want a real estate agent who spends his off hours protesting at planned parenthood. 

16 hours ago, Jana814 said:

Really he is a real estate agent?  I would not want a real estate agent who spends his off hours protesting at planned parenthood. 

I wouldn't either, but I'd find him even more offensive, if he hands out his realtors business card to those that he is harassing at Planned Parenthood.

On 1/7/2017 at 7:54 AM, FloraKitty35 said:

I wouldn't either, but I'd find him even more offensive, if he hands out his realtors business card to those that he is harassing at Planned Parenthood.

Or if he hands out his anti-choice propaganda at real estate showings.

On 2016-05-23 at 3:05 AM, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Also, these poor girls. I'm sure if it was the1800's daddy would have found a new wife as his cursed one is only giving him girls. :pearlclutching:

Where do you get that?  It seems to be directly contradicted by his own words.

• 3 months later...

Decided to have a look in on this family again.

So, Hillsong, the Christian worship singers, they have the Bible all wrong. 

I'm not sure what part of the city they reside, but I've lived in 2 different apartments here and hard water is a real problem. If anyone has any useful tips for hard water issues, I'm all ears. 

So, they think there are only 2 religions in the world, Biblical Christianity and everyone else. The Paul Washer quote shows a clear lack of understanding regarding any other religion in the world. Most religions don't ask for salvation at all. Biblical Christianity is specified with the preface, which I take to mean that anyone who doesn't believe as they do is not an actual Christian even if they consider themselves a Christian. 

It's a battle for our kids and it's a war. It really must be awful to live in a worldview that believes everyone and everything, including unseen entities, are out to get you and your children all the time. Chillax, the world isn't out to get you, honestly. Enjoy life a little, it's short enough as it is.

The chart on Roe v Wade killing more than any other war, aren't those numbers actually inflated? I have yet to see any real evidence of how many abortions have actually occurred since abortion became legal in the US. Also, why go with short wars? Why not compare to things that actually cause human deaths? Car accidents, heart disease, cancer, homicide, suicide, other accidents (most common cause of death in young children)?  

Why do they think it's weird to workout outside and believe the neighbors think they are weird because of that? ALso that people will get into accidents staring at them? What? If the neighbors think they are weird, I don't think it's because they are exercising outside. 

I saw 180, it didn't seem to change anyone's mind, but um-kay. Also, is it 54 million, 57 million or 59 million that have been aborted, because small number differences mean millions here and that's quite a large gap. Plus, where did that number come from anyway? They use a photo of a woman holding up a sign saying "A true feminist would fight for the rights of unborn women". No true scotsman rears its head once again. 

Less than 1% of 18-23yos are Christians that believe the things they list-yeah, I don't buy that at all.

Paul Washer, whom they love to quote, thinks Christian men at University are doing horrible things there like going to the movies and playing video games. How dare they! They should be doing more noble things like, well, he doesn't say what the noble things are, so, uh, something more noble anyway. 

OMG, Lori A would hate this woman because she, *GASPS* plays with her daughters. Clearly Ali is doing evil here. 

She keeps saying dying at the alter of convenience-I think she's confused. Alter means to chance something, convenience means proceeding with something without much thought or effort, something is the right time or situation, it is right for the circumstance. Dying at the changing of something being easy or the right circumstance? I think she means altar of inconvenience. Altar is a structure for offerings. Inconvenience means causing trouble or difficulty to someone's personal comforts or requirements. 

Last, no one deserves to be forgiven. If you think you deserve any forgiveness, you are not a Christian. 

Ali is just 30 years old with 6 children already. I'm nearly 30 and I have none. Cannot imagine having 6 kids right now lol. 

I find it a little ironic, okay, more than a little, that they are fussing about the companies who give to PP, but one is BOA and unless there's a different Mark Corral who lives in the same area who looks just like him, he works as a consultant for BOA. So, how does he reconcile that supposed conflict? 

• 2 weeks later...

They quote John MacArthur

"Today sin is called sickness, so people think it requires therapy, not repentance." 

Is he saying that people with mental illness just need to repent for sins and they won't be sick anymore? If so, what a total moron. If it was that simple and clear cut, people would be all for their religion. 

• 3 weeks later...

The Corrals are expecting their seventh child in 2018. By coincidence, just before I checked their page I was thinking that they were overdue for an announcement.

I was thinking the same thing. My spreadsheet has them due for a baby in mid March of next year, but their last two babies are closer together than their average. So yeah, right on schedule. 

Archived