IGNORED

Remember the Maxwell "friends" the Corrals?

SPHASH

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

facebook.com/profile.php?v=timeline&timecutoff=1443534912&page=1&sectionLoadingID=m_timeline_loading_div_1451635199_1420099200_8_1&timeend=1451635199&timestart=1420099200&tm=AQCFIAp082CtkIIZ&id=1429344387361703&refid=17

They're involved in a pyramid scheme, shocking (ps, Facebook, get on a pyramid scheme filter, if you would. Please and thank you) also I really like the post from today about "We as believers in Christ ought to rid ourselves of ALL anger, and not misuse the one scripture as an excuse to be angry with anyone at anytime!" say, can that be extended to "don't grab on to one or two obscure references that are contradicted tons of times, but you like the one where it validates your thoughts"? I'm considering commenting and thanking him for being so pro-LGBT with that standpoint

For some reason the little girl on far left hand side kind of looks a young Christina Onassis.  

That link doesn't work for me.  What is their FB moniker?

7 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

I find the idea of a "Not To Do List" very interesting.

He's quoting Steve Maxwell (his Mentor) in that post.  

We discussed it in one of the Maxwell threads. 

I think most of us have a not to do list, but we don't have to write it down.  

• 2 months later...

The Corrals love the Bible, the Maxwells and Charles Spurgeon.  Their little girls are cute as cute can be and she's preggers.  They like the hard-core Bible verses with a lot of fear and trembling. 

Plus, they laid it all out in a recent FB post: 

Through no other way can we be saved. Good people don't go to Heaven, forgiven people do. 

I am so screwed.  

ETA: So after realizing I'm screwed in the hereafter, I kept reading.  It doe not get better:

College? A friend emailed me this today as a great reminder why college is not part of our family's vision...

and then a quote from Martin Luther about the evil of universities. 

This is a family with five girls.....sad.

Do they know Luther went to a university and, I believe, taught at a university? Totally taking that quote out of context. 

Oh, and it looks like the wife is pregnant again. They are going to find out the "gender" in case it's a boy, since they have no boy stuff. 

His obnoxious comment about colleges:

Too many negatives about college. God warns His people not to even "inquire about their gods". God knew His people would be influenced by the pagan gods when He gave them the promised land and commanded them not to even inquire of them. We are in a pagan nation and should not even inquire about their gods, nor allow our children to do so. So many more positives about kids staying home, finding their niche/career and working from home until they are ready to marry. Wouldn't it be nice for your 25 year old to have cash to pay for a house when ready to marry instead of 50k in student loan debt and only a year or two of real life experience! Check out the book, Buying a house debt free by Steve Maxwell. Their oldest 3 sons all paid cash for a house when they got married, all their own earnings. That would be our vision for our children.

But some Fundie lady gave him a "bless your heart" level smackdown:

In college I learned that my faith can be tested and it remains true. In college I learned that God can handle any doubts, and remain God. In college I Iearned about other religions, held them up to the Bible, and saw clearly that they were not true. In college I learned to not be afraid of education or challenging my faith, God can handle it. In college I learned how to walk with God, a walk that has continued for nearly 20 years. We will guard our children's influences now when they are young, when their brains can't process everything the world might throw them, when their faith is infantile at best. But when they are old enough we will help them navigate the world and God and pray that college will be a place for them to engage others for the gospel and to grow in their own walks with the Lord.

It is heartening that there are so many religious people disagreeing with him. But in his responses he really comes off as someone who completely shuts down when confronted with a viewpoint different from his own. 

2 hours ago, nausicaa said:

But in his responses he really comes off as someone who completely shuts down when confronted with a viewpoint different from his own. 

No surprise there.  

Sadly, these people have a false prophet before them: Stevehova. 

They even recommend Making Great Conversationalists!  I think this is the only non-Maxwell post I've seen recommending that book.

Also, I can't stand how they equate shyness with selfishness.  I mean, really, way to make your already shy child feel even more self conscious.  This is not the first fundie I've seen talk about shyness as if it was a sin instead of a personality trait.

Nothing wrong with parents trying help a child work with this trait, but I don't like calling it a sin.

3 hours ago, kpmom said:

Also, I can't stand how they equate shyness with selfishness.  I mean, really, way to make your already shy child feel even more self conscious.  This is not the first fundie I've seen talk about shyness as if it was a sin instead of a personality trait.

Nothing wrong with parents trying help a child work with this trait, but I don't like calling it a sin.

Voddie Beauchamp is especially noxious about this topic.  Well, that and the belief that children are born evil and physical punishment, and oh, just lots of things.

They do at least have their older dog inside the house and playing with the baby. That's a plus. 

Too many fuddies are cruel and/or dismissive to pets and other animals. 

The Duggars pets are "here today, gone tomorrow" and nobody can really tell you what happened to them. Mac's kitten?   

10 hours ago, Howl said:

I am so screwed.  

Eh, it's a lot easier to be forgiven than to be good.

9 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Eh, it's a lot easier to be forgiven than to be good.

Well now I have a dilemma.  I'm a gonna have to think hard on this.  

16 hours ago, kpmom said:

13 hours ago, Howl said:

Voddie Beauchamp is especially noxious about this topic.  Well, that and the belief that children are born evil and physical punishment, and oh, just lots of things.

I'm pretty sure that's a Gothard/IBLP thing too...I remember reading something like that in one of the testimonies on Recovering Grace.

Anyone got a link to the crowds Facebook page I can't access it anymore.

I deeply dislike this family, I get a bad vibration. Those pictures of the  sitting training were too weird. Encouraging quiet time is excellent, but quiet time means playing with jigsaws or painting, not sitting in silence doing nothing (that's a punishment in fact). It's specially hard for a toddler.

The only good thing about them is that they seem to have a clean house and healthy food and don't seem to be poor. Better than Zsu's, Rodriguii or others.

21 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

eWNQ0bo.jpg

Just spent some quality time on Coffee with Jesus.  Gotta go back soon! 

They are such big fans of the Maxwell's. I saw the Facebook page. This past Christmas they had a tree. How long till that will change.  

Archived