IGNORED

Bradrick's Sons Name

NurseNell

Peter and Kelly Bradrick have 2 little boys. They are named Triumph Perseverance Bradrick, who's 3, and Knox Defender Bradrick, who's 2. What terrible names for anyone, never mind little boys. :angry-screaming: I hope they legally change their names when they are 18.

Oops, I missed their third son, 6 month old Loyal Cromwell Bradrick.

Maybe in addition to legally changing their names one or more will become a Catholic. That would be such poetic justice. :mrgreen:

Nell

edited to add the 3rd son

Don't they have a daughter too? What is her name?

Not Peter and Kelly, they have 3 sons but she's pregnant again.

Nell

I saw a post in one of Scott Brown's blogs that showed a pic of kelly and peter saying that he (peter) had finally embraced the color pink and he was holding a baby girl. It was for May, 2011. Then another saying that Iona had a girl cousing and showed a pic of both girls. I thot that was Peter and kelly's little girl too. I must have misunderstood.

They do have a little girl, she was born around May I think? Her name is Geneva Constance .

I must have been on older blog entries. Geneva Constance isn't such a bad name, compared to the boys.

Nell

This is what Peter wrote on FB after the delivery:

"Through a prolonged epic display of courage & trust in the Lord, my precious wife gave birth to our 4th child and 1st daughter early this morning. Nothing I have ever done compares to the gripping, gut wrenching, soul thrilling experience of walking through child birth with Kelly. If pain and pressure reveal the value of your character, Kelly is solid gold. I am speechlessly grateful to the Lord for everything today!"

And Kelly wrote the day before:

"Praying for my husband who is right now in downtown Raleigh, street preaching against the homosexual agenda during the city's Gay Rights Parade. Please be in prayer for our team... Peter Bradrick, Tony Hernandez, Taylor Tsantles, David Brown."

Here's Scott Brown's blog from May - scroll down:

http://www.ncfic.org/weblogmodule/view_ ... 73d2154bd/

"Through a prolonged epic display of courage & trust in the Lord, my precious wife gave birth to our 4th child and 1st daughter early this morning. Nothing I have ever done compares to the gripping, gut wrenching, soul thrilling experience of walking through child birth with Kelly. If pain and pressure reveal the value of your character, Kelly is solid gold. I am speechlessly grateful to the Lord for everything today!"

I saw that after I posted. And Kelly wrote on her FB page that she had a severe post-partum bleed, had to be life lifted to a hospital, nearly died. The hemorrhage was from retained placenta. She had a D&C. I sure hope she gets some help from her husband. 4 kids, the oldest 4 y.o., and a bleed like this can really be exhausting.

Nell

I think they are going for the Puritan sound, with those names.

They definitely fall flat culturally. Weirdly, they bother me even though in my husband's country they apply names very similarly (common words, usually meaning some good concept or behavior), and my children are named that way. My youngest's name means that if we ever go to dh's country, he will be called "Blessed" every time someone calls his name. :D

"Praying for my husband who is right now in downtown Raleigh, street preaching against the homosexual agenda during the city's Gay Rights Parade. Please be in prayer for our team... Peter Bradrick, Tony Hernandez, Taylor Tsantles, David Brown."

oh no, they live in North Carolina?! D:

oh no, they live in North Carolina?! D:

Oh yeah they do! When Kelly was about 8 months along with Geneva Convention, she asked for prayer because Peter would be a 40-minute drive away, preaching in opposition to a gay pride event in .... Raleigh? Somewhere like that.

I know. I was on the Atlantic Coast recently and kept thinking, "If I look to the south, I might see 'em.....ewwww......"

ETA, Well, you just said all that, didn't you. LOL! I need to do more than skim messages before I hit reply.

Think of it, two expectant dads and one new dad protesting at a peaceful, sanctioned event. Don't tell me these guys are men! What responsible man would put himself in such a position, with a wife and kids back home?

Fighting in the military against a declared foe, that's one thing.

Going to pick fights with folks who are celebrating being themselves? That's just ... useless. And dumb.

I love the name Geneva but man those boy names are just stupid. Knox? Couldn't they just pick some nice Bible names like Noah, Samuel, and Micah or something? Heck they could even do the more "out there" names like Malachi, Obadiah, and Jabez and they'd still be a lot better than Triumph and Knox...

Oh no, the 17-year-old bridegroom was part of the street preaching against gay rights! Tsk tsk.

Making a Pride parade sucky and depressing...sounds like one of the number one reasons to think fundies suck!

Had I read that, I would be praying--not for her annoying family members, but for the people subjected to their "preaching."

Maybe Peter Bradrick just has a hard-on for Brad Pitt. After all, Knox Defender was born just a couple months after Knox Jolie-Pitt.

Scott Brown's NCFIC headquarters are in Wake Forest, NC.

So, I'm reading descriptions of Peter and Kelly's wedding, and they're showing pics of other boys participating in the wedding who are named Providence and Valor :shock: Clearly Peter and Kelly are just carrying on a tradition in horrible baby names.

ETA: Baby Loyal looks the most like Kelly, IMO, but they all seem to have Petey's ears. Sigh.

bradrick.JPG

I saw that after I posted. And Kelly wrote on her FB page that she had a severe post-partum bleed, had to be life lifted to a hospital, nearly died. The hemorrhage was from retained placenta. She had a D&C. I sure hope she gets some help from her husband. 4 kids, the oldest 4 y.o., and a bleed like this can really be exhausting.

Nell

But Kelly first went on a two week tour to Europe with her newborn daughter.

May 15: Gives birth to Constance Geneva.

Around May 25: Kelly, baby Geneva and Peter Bradrick goes with Doug Philips to Europe on the "D-day and the providence of God tour".

June 14: Kelly writes on her FB wall: Three days ago I began hemorrhaging to the point that I was given a 'life flight' to a hospital where I was given a DNC. Lot's of placenta tissue was found. In the Lords sweet kindness to me I am still alive... even though the Doctors didn't think I should be here, God had an amazing plan to show me His care and remind me how much I need Him.

:roll:

OK, I can understand Triumph and Loyal and they're really no worse than names like Hope and Faith except that they're less common. But what the hell is Knox supposed to mean?

Why Loyal Cromwell? It's such a contradiction, and they've named him after people who don't even fit their beliefs!

The first famous Cromwell, Thomas, was instrumental in breaking up the Catholic Church in order to legalise divorce for King Henry VIII. He was executed for treason having arranged Henry's fourth marriage to a woman who was ugly, because the #1 rule was that the wife had to be hot.

The second one, obviously, is Oliver Cromwell, who overthrew the King and also massacred thousands and thousands of innocent Irish people. He's a universally reviled figure and didn't believe in celebrating Christmas or even birthdays unlike all our favourite fundys!

Really, really weird choice of name.

Why Loyal Cromwell? It's such a contradiction, and they've named him after people who don't even fit their beliefs!

The first famous Cromwell, Thomas, was instrumental in breaking up the Catholic Church in order to legalise divorce for King Henry VIII. He was executed for treason having arranged Henry's fourth marriage to a woman who was ugly, because the #1 rule was that the wife had to be hot.

The second one, obviously, is Oliver Cromwell, who overthrew the King and also massacred thousands and thousands of innocent Irish people. He's a universally reviled figure and didn't believe in celebrating Christmas or even birthdays unlike all our favourite fundys!

Really, really weird choice of name.

I assumed that they are probably really selective in their history and just like the fact that O. Cromwell hated Catholics a lot.

It is complete revisionist history when it comes to Thomas Cromwell. I assumed the Bradrick's used him as inspiration because, for the revisionists, he is a martyr who fought for Protestantism and was executed for his beliefs. He did push and encourage Henry to to leave Catholicism, but he didn't do it for any reason other than his own ambition. He had a shot to step in when Wolsley was losing favor and he took complete advantage of it and gained the King's favor for himself.

But hey, if you want to name your kid after an ambitious, selfish man just because he claimed to believe in your religion at a time when beliefs could mean life or death, have at it.

As for Knox, I am sure the name is inspired by John Knox, the Scottish priest who was a big wig in the reformation. They are, after all, Dougie lovers and we all know how much Dougie loves Scotland and revises its religious history to suit his purpose. That one, to me, is almost too obvious to be real, but it is. The poor kid.

Edited for typos.

It is complete revisionist history when it comes to Thomas Cromwell. I assumed the Bradrick's used him as inspiration because, for the revisionists, he is a martyr who fought for Protestantism and was executed for his beliefs. He did push and encourage Henry to to leave Catholicism, but he didn't do it for any reason other than his own ambition. He had a shot to step in when Wolsley was losing favor and he took complete advantage of it and gained the King's favor for himself.

But hey, if you want to name your kid after an ambitious, selfish man just because he claimed to believe in your religion at a time when beliefs could mean life or death, have at it.

As for Knox, I am sure the name is inspired by John Knox, the Scottish priest who was a big wig in the reformation. They are, after all, Dougie lovers and we all know how much Dougie loves Scotland and revises its religious history to suit his purpose. That one, to me, is almost too obvious to be real, but it is. The poor kid.

Edited for typos.

This. I don't think Petey's names are any more whackadoodle than some of the others I've heard. You know... Ta-a (Tadasha) and the bastardization of Jacob as Jake-up. It's the revisionist history thing that's asinine.

Oh no, the 17-year-old bridegroom was part of the street preaching against gay rights! Tsk tsk.

Peter Bradrick got married at 17? :naughty: How old was Kelly?

Nell

Archived