IGNORED

Who is Krista?

newyorkgirl52

Hello guys! 

I'm officially "new" here although I've read the forums for some time. I have a question I am hoping you guys can help me with. This is the only forum I can post in, so if this belongs somewhere else, please forgive me and point me in the right direction. 

I follow this girl on instagram named Krista G. (kristaann_vt) who is a friend of the Duggars. I've always been interested in the "duggar friends," because I feel who your friends are says more about you than just about anything else. Until Krista, I see that they were only friends with fundies. I remember in earlier episodes (or maybe an interview?) where the Duggar parents said they are really selective about who can hang around with their kids (in one episode it said the only babysitter they could have was Grandma, because she supports their rules). 

Anyway, this Krista girl is just different than any of the other friends I've seen them be around. From what I gather, she goes to a real college (not a IBLP sanctioned thing), wears pants, has a nose ring and is a pretty average American college student, who just so happened to meet the Duggars at their crazy home church (why she was there I have no idea, or how she got there!) So this just kind of baffled me, and I couldn't find any other info about her online. 

So, does anyone know why the Duggar kids are allowed to hang out with her? Or why she would choose to hang out with them? Are they trying to convert her? Does anyone else know if they've ever had "friends" that they were just trying to pull into their cult? Krista still hung out with them several times after the sex scandals broke, so I'm just trying to figure out if maybe she knows stuff about them and they are keeping her close to keep her mouth shut? 

I'm currently working on my master's degree in psychology, and hope to eventually become a profiler. So, when I see people that I just can't fit into a box (like this Krista/Duggar situation), it fascinates/frustrates me, and I try to figure it out. 

Thanks in advance for the help! 

I followed her IG for a minute, when it came up in QFOD that Jinger did her senior portraits. I quit following after a while when I purged a bunch of accounts. 

It's interesting that you don't think she's as fundie as the Duggars. Well, I guess she's not, since she goes to college (I don't remember what school she goes to, or whether it's accredited). A lot of fundie cultural markers go over my head, so I'm probably wrong, but it looks like she's been to El Salvador with SOS, and her blog Through the Concrete is definitely devout, though I did raise an eyebrow at her criticism of JOY. Hmm.

Lower right is the pic that I think was taken on a mission trip with the Duggars:

I didn't really answer your question, haha! Sorry. Here's the thread where she was discussed before. http://www.freejinger.org/topic/24254-jinger-and-lawson-courting/?page=36#comment-1048245

1 hour ago, halcionne said:

I followed her IG for a minute, when it came up in QFOD that Jinger did her senior portraits. I quit following after a while when I purged a bunch of accounts. 

It's interesting that you don't think she's as fundie as the Duggars. Well, I guess she's not, since she goes to college (I don't remember what school she goes to, or whether it's accredited). A lot of fundie cultural markers go over my head, so I'm probably wrong, but it looks like she's been to El Salvador with SOS, and her blog Through the Concrete is definitely devout, though I did raise an eyebrow at her criticism of JOY. Hmm.

Lower right is the pic that I think was taken on a mission trip with the Duggars:

I didn't really answer your question, haha! Sorry. Here's the thread where she was discussed before. http://www.freejinger.org/topic/24254-jinger-and-lawson-courting/?page=36#comment-1048245

Thanks! I don't think she's a fundie, at least by my definition, because she wears pants, has a nose ring, and goes to college. I went through her instagram. It looks like she went to John Brown University in Siloam Springs, a town near the Duggars. This is also where Amy's husband, Dillion, went to college. Although it's Christian, it looks like a decent school (at least from their website). And are ranked #1 in the south by US News....which kind of just makes this all more interesting to me. 

She criticized Joy? That's the Duggar's motto that makes them doormats, right? 

Anyone else have any information?

• 3 months later...
On 1/13/2016 at 8:40 PM, newyorkgirl52 said:

Thanks! I don't think she's a fundie, at least by my definition, because she wears pants, has a nose ring, and goes to college. I went through her instagram. It looks like she went to John Brown University in Siloam Springs, a town near the Duggars. This is also where Amy's husband, Dillion, went to college. Although it's Christian, it looks like a decent school (at least from their website). And are ranked #1 in the south by US News....which kind of just makes this all more interesting to me. 

She criticized Joy? That's the Duggar's motto that makes them doormats, right? 

Anyone else have any information?

According to a recent post, she'll be going to law school in Brooklyn this fall. I don't think we'd ever see a Duggar do that!

I don't really know a whole lot about her. But I did like this post she had up a while back because it was basically criticizing people like Jill and Derick (though not directly) for not truly helping people in need.

13 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

According to a recent post, she'll be going to law school in Brooklyn this fall. I don't think we'd ever see a Duggar do that!

I don't really know a whole lot about her. But I did like this post she had up a while back because it was basically criticizing people like Jill and Derick (though not directly) for not truly helping people in need.

Can you share it? I'd be intersted to see it. There's talk of her going on over on Pickles & Hairspray on FB because she posted that video of Ben at the concert and then made her account private. 

Brooklyn Law? Is that a good school, you know? Maybe Jinger will move with her to NYC!

Oh, her account was public when I posted yesterday so it was showing up in the thread. If it's private now, then no, I can't share. But basically there was this girl she knew who posted a blog about doing missionary work or whatever. But the girl flat out said they just talked to the guy about Jesus but didn't give him any food or anything tangible. Krista thinks christians should be helping people's basic needs.

19 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Oh, her account was public when I posted yesterday so it was showing up in the thread. If it's private now, then no, I can't share. But basically there was this girl she knew who posted a blog about doing missionary work or whatever. But the girl flat out said they just talked to the guy about Jesus but didn't give him any food or anything tangible. Krista thinks christians should be helping people's basic needs.

I wonder why the Duggar kids hang out to her/are allowed to hang out with her then? If she's more liberal. 

Archived